/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Taweez

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

I wanted to know is there such a thing as 'good' taweez? I mean are their any taweez that contain ayahs/words from the Qur'aan? Are they to be considered in any way? Sorry if my post sounds silly as I do not have much knowledge on this topic.

I've heard of some stories where a family was having some issues, or the children were scared or something, they got in contact with a 'maulana' and he gave them a taweez. sprinkled some water in their home and it seemed to have solved the situation, as the family stated. Is there any place for this in Islam? I'm aware that the prophet (p) forbade us from wearing such amulets, what about those that contain ayah of the Qur'aan?

I feel this may be wrong, as I've only known the prophet (Sallaahu 'Alaayhi wa salam) for advising us to recite verses from the noble Qur'aan for everything! A du'aa for everything, subhaan'Allaah! Words of Allaah as the ultimate protection. I don't see benefit in wearing verses of the Qur'aan rather I see benefit in reciting them, hence Al Qur'aan- The recitation.. Please correct me if I am wrong and forgive me for my ignorance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
03-02-2012, 06:31 PM
:wa:

islamqa.info/en/ref/10543/

mixed opinions, I don't think theres any proof as to whether they hold any benefit

but this stood out for me:

“Say: ‘Who can guard and protect you in the night or in the day from the (punishment of the) Most Gracious (Allaah)?’ Nay, but they turn away from the remembrance of their Lord”

[al-Anbiyaa’ 21:42 – interpretation of the meaning]

We could all hang Qur'ans around our necks but that wouldn't make us any more pious or closer to Allah

Predator
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-02-2012, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
We could all hang Qur'ans around our necks but that wouldn't make us any more pious or closer to Allah
I completely agree!

The cure is reciting the kalaam of Allaah SWT, a book in which there is no doubt and full of benefit!

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for the ayah.

@ Predator - Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing the video.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!