You have reached into the skies,
But you have failed to reach
What’s in your heart!
Bulleh Shah (via rust-and—stardust)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
White Rose
03-04-2012, 12:33 AM
These are very good questions.
Especially about satan. This one is a very difficult question for me to answer.

real islam
03-25-2012, 05:53 AM
You could answer those questions if you believed in Allah and his Islam totally.

real islam
03-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Don't misunderstand just i thought there is something easy you could make those answers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
real islam
03-25-2012, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
You have learnt so much
And read a thousand books.
Have you ever read your Self?
You have gone to mosque and temple.
Have you ever visited your soul?
You are busy fighting Satan.
Have you ever fought your
Ill intentions?
What’s in your heart!

In my heart victory of Islam and Allah.I can feel my heart wants to die every moment.Because i can see and go to the deep of the
sky.Than how big Heaven will!I believe i will go if i can control myself in the straight path of Islam

Al-bint
03-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Salaam Alaikum!

I have tried... The more I try to learn about myself the more I am afraid for myself so i feel i am better off not knowing what I wish and what I long for.
I usually try to shut out my brain and heart and try to do what I am supposed to do instead of what I wish to..

wasalaam!

real islam
03-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Really good for health.Keep it up

Snowflake
03-31-2012, 05:43 PM
You have learnt so much
And read a thousand books.
Have you ever read your Self?
You have gone to mosque and temple.
Have you ever visited your soul?
You are busy fighting Satan.
Have you ever fought your
Ill intentions?Bad intentions are from the shaytaan. Fighting ill-intentions is fighting the shaytaan :\

In Hadith Hazrat Imam Abu Hanifah (r.a.) related that the Nabi (s.a.s.) said:
“The was-wâs that enters the hearts of my ummah Allah has forgiven, as long as they don’t act upon or voice it.” [Imam Al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim agree on it]

What’s in your heart!

Hardly inspirational! He didn't believe that to visit your soul you have to visit mosques i.e. pray salah.

His poetry below reflects his beliefs that we don't need to follow a particular path to God i.e. islam. All we need is to recognize Him. Na udhu billah.

“Neither Hindu nor Muslim,
Sacrificing pride, let us sit together.
Neither Sunni nor Shia,
Let us walk the road of peace.”
“Tired of reciting the Vedas and the Quran,
Kneeling and prostrating with my forehead down,
God neither in Mathura, nor in Mecca resides,
Only those who can see the Light can find Him.”

Due to these beliefs that we should love others no matter what their beliefs, he opposed muslim rulers like Aurangzeb, who reinstated jizya after it was abolished by Akbar and Jahangir.

One of his most well-known poems 'Bulleya - Ki Jaana mein kaun' contains the words:

I am the first, I am the last
None other, have I ever known
I am the wisest of them all
Bulleh! do I stand alone?

Apologists claim that he was speaking of the deeper self (subconscious mind) in this poem, which still doesn't make sense in it being the first and last - attributes which only belong to Allah Almighty. I hope I don't see anymore of this man's poetry on this board again.

Endymion
03-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Your post reminds me of these verses of Quran.

(26:224) As for poets, only the wayward follow them.
(26:225) Do you not see that they wander about in every valley.
(26:226) and say things which they do not act upon.

Bulleh Shah is one of the most respectable poets specially in Punjab side and some pieces of his poetry are really touching but often,these poets say things that touches the borders of shirk.
I respect old schools but i cant take such verses as talks of Sufi.Every person need to know its limits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!