/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suppose you become wealthy

Darth Ultor
03-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Normally I'd ask what people would do if they win a lottery jackpot and go with a cash option but I think lottery counts as a game of chance which is prohibited in Islam. So instead, let's say you do something creative that makes you very wealthy. What would you do with the money?

First I would pay off my parents' debts, then I would donate into Neurofibromatosis research, then donate to organizations that help sick children, then I would buy myself a nice modest house, a new car, a beach house for my mother, and save the rest. I would use the money also to go to another country once a year to learn about a new culture and also donate a percentage to charity.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Samiun
03-07-2012, 06:16 AM
:sl: hmm I dunno. maybe I'll send an abundance of food to places where resources are limited like Africa or Palestine

I think czgibson asked about this before...

True-blue
03-07-2012, 07:10 AM
I would set up many Islamic Schools to teach Muslims (and non-Muslims) about Islam.

ardianto
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I often heard, if I give a fish to a poor man, he can eat for a day, but if I give a fishing rod to a poor man, he can eat for life time. I know it's true.

So, I will give student fund for poor students, also establish free job training/skill developing institute for poor people to make them able to fulfill themselves needs. I will not differentiate between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Giving
To get he had tried,
yet his store was still meager.
To a wise man he cried,
in a voice keen and eager;
Pray tell me how I may successfully live?
And the wise man replied,
“To get you must give.”
As to giving he said,
“What have I to give?”
I’ve scarce enough bread,
and of course one must live;
But I would partake of Life’s bountiful
store. Came the wise man’s response;
“Then you must give more.”
The lesson he learned;
to get was forgotten,
Toward mankind he turned
with a love new begotten.
As he gave of himself in useful living,
Then joy crowned his days,
for he grew rich in giving.
Arthur William Beer.

Al-Mufarridun
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
There is truly far more joy in giving than getting, as Muslims we are encouraged to give - to please The Creator who has given us All we got.

Sadly this noble characteristic of the Ummah of Muhamamd(pbuh) has been forgotten to great extent. The less we give, the less we receive.

And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): "If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed."
(Ibraahim v.7)

Marina-Aisha
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I would give plenty to cancer research and Great Ormond Street Hospital. Help out my mum dad and my partners family also. By house in Africa and Cyprus. Donate to mosques too.Save the rest.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-07-2012, 08:07 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum..

If we were rich enough, it would be ofcourse encouraged to spend in the way of Allaah SWT!

may Allaah keep us steadfast upon the beautiful deen of Allaah SWT and grant the ummah success and happiness in the akhirah, Aameen,

tigerkhan
03-07-2012, 08:27 PM
:sl:
i had dream to built hospital with no chages for treatment esp for women and childs.

Ramadan90
03-07-2012, 09:24 PM
1. Pay of all families debt.
2. Built masjids and use all the money for Islamic purposes.(Without no one knowing it)

sis muslimah
03-07-2012, 10:19 PM
give money to third world country, build homes for homeless ppl, build hospitals and skools and offer jobs to people and training etc etc

serena77
03-07-2012, 10:37 PM
move to either a muslim country or move to an area of the US where it is much more muslim friendly ( southern bible belt rural areas just not it... ) ...
then would spend enough of it to be comfortable..
on a house, a car... and pay off student loans... and finish university... and donate to some food banks and other areas that are in much need here in the US...
Serena

ardianto
03-08-2012, 05:16 AM
I was looking for a blog template when I found a template that got my attention. It's actually free, but there's "donate" option for anyone who wants to give money. I clicked the donate button and I was so surprised. The template maker said, all of received donation would be given to a hospital, not for himself. So I donate my money and download the template. I very appreciate what the template maker has done.

We know, there is a charity that called "wakaf" or donation that given to public. This a charity which its reward would not be stopped after the person who gave this charity passed away. The template maker is a non-Muslim, but what he has done actually is wakaf. He gave the template to that hospital, and all received donation would automatically go to the hospital.

All of us must be have intention to give wakaf. But unfortunately this intention usually conditional. We often say "If I am rich I would ...., if I have much money I would ....". We often thinking only the big things and forget the little things.

The template maker didn't wait until he able to do a big thing. He's just doing the little things according to his ability. He didn't wait until he becomes a rich man and donate much money. What he did was just used his skill. He donated his skill. It's better than have intention to donate big amount of money, but stopped just as "If".

Haya emaan
03-09-2012, 09:50 PM
we do say if we had money we would have done this and this.. but when we receive little more money than our needs we start thinking of saving it for tomorrow. we are badly trapped by the "fears of future". we want to save for tomorrow, what suffering one's need today!

“The son of Adam says, `My money, my money!' Yet, what is your money except that which you eat and use up, wear and tear, and spend in charity and thus keep (in your record). Other than that, it will go away and will be left for the people (the inheritors).” (Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!