/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I love God more then I love my own family ?

truthseeker63
03-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Should I love God more then I love my own family ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes. Then the Messenger :saws1: and then the righteous after them.

Abu.Yusuf
03-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes, our love for God should be higher than everything else. Loving is a type of worship and should be directed to Allaah alone and those whom Allah loves or has allowed us to love [i.e. the Prophets, Angels, Muslims, Parents etc].
Allaah says:

"And from among mankind there are some who take for themselves (objects of worship as) rivals to Allah, loving them as they should (only) love Allah. And those who believe are stronger in their love for Allah."
(Qur'an, Al-Baqarah 2:165)

Hence loving someone else more than Allaah could be shirk
Obviously this does not mean you cannot love your family, but Allah should come first. At the end of the day, we wouldnt take our familys to our grave and they would not help us on the Day of Judgment - it is only Allaah who can save us...

Hope this helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!