/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Many Atheists ask people who believe in God why do you love God ?

truthseeker63
03-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Atheists say why love God when you never met God and I can not give a good answer to them as to why human beings should love God. I was raised to believe in the God of Abraham so maybe this is why I feel no love towards Ra or Zeus. Should we love God because God created us and gave us life a soul and a afterlife ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_Abraham

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu.Yusuf
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Salaam

Consider why a person may love another person... Lets look at the example of the love between mother and child. The reason why the child loves his/her mother is due to the care, mercy, affection, nurturing [etc] of the mother. If these things were not done to the child, he probably would not love his own mother...

So from this simple example, we can say that the reason we love God is because He created us and gave us countless amount of blessings - including the mother. He gave us eyes, ears, mind, health, wealth, friends...every person has some sort of blessing. So Allaah should be loved, and is ever deserving of it, for His favours upon mankind; for His Merciful nature and also for the Mercy He has shown to us as an individual, specifically.

And also, no matter how merciful and caring the mother is, she can never be more caring and merciful than Allaah, thus not only should we love God, He deserves a higher level of love than anyone else...

Hope I was able to give a presentable answer... post back if you got any more questions

CosmicPathos
03-18-2012, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu.Yusuf
Salaam

Consider why a person may love another person... Lets look at the example of the love between mother and child. The reason why the child loves his/her mother is due to the care, mercy, affection, nurturing [etc] of the mother. If these things were not done to the child, he probably would not love his own mother...

So from this simple example, we can say that the reason we love God is because He created us and gave us countless amount of blessings - including the mother. He gave us eyes, ears, mind, health, wealth, friends...every person has some sort of blessing. So Allaah should be loved, and is ever deserving of it, for His favours upon mankind; for His Merciful nature and also for the Mercy He has shown to us as an individual, specifically.

And also, no matter how merciful and caring the mother is, she can never be more caring and merciful than Allaah, thus not only should we love God, He deserves a higher level of love than anyone else...

Hope I was able to give a presentable answer... post back if you got any more questions
If that is true then such love is really shallow. What love is love which is dependant on needs and wants? Even if the mother did not nurture or cared for the child, the child should love her just because she kept him in her womb for 9 months ....

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Atheists say why love God when you never met God and I can not give a good answer to them as to why human beings should love God. I was raised to believe in the God of Abraham so maybe this is why I feel no love towards Ra or Zeus. Should we love God because God created us and gave us life a soul and a afterlife ?
:salamext: brother

I can't speak for others, but I love Allaah because He is Merciful. He is Forgiving.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:*
When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: "My mercy prevails over my wrath."*
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).*

Allaah subhaan wa taa'la has only asked 1 thing from us:

"I have not created the Jinn and Mankind except to Worship Me."
[Qur'aan, Chapter 51, Verse 56]

and in return He has promised us Jannah.

"And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: “This is what we were provided with before,” and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwaajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), and they will abide therein forever.”"
[Quraan, Chapter 2, Verse 25]

We give Him this life (of 70/80 years) and He will give us an ETERNITY of peace.

Why would you not love a Creator who promises that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
True-blue
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Allah /God is the ONE who has power over everything. So, there can't be two gods due to apparent collision between power. We love God because Allah has created us and has given so many things to us which we can not create or give by ourselves. It will be hypocrisy not to love and worship God, the creator of everything.

truthseeker63
04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Good posts I agree.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I wish I could sincerely say I Love God.

But then I fall into sin over and over again.

Is it possible to love someone and constantly defy him... May ALlah allow me to truelly love him and his Habeeb ! sallallahi alaihi wasallaam

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Every human sins, that doesn't mean we don't love Him. He loves His creation, even though we sin.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
^ im not saying your wrong, but isnt that JUST A TNIY BIT, like sayin jesus died for our sins, God loves us...

i feel like I cant truelly say I love god, till I become MAHFUZ...

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 04:27 PM
^ im not saying your wrong, but isnt that JUST A TNIY BIT, like sayin jesus died for our sins, God loves us...
No. Lol.

czgibson
05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Greetings,

Atheists say why love God when you never met God and I can not give a good answer to them as to why human beings should love God.
It's a bit of an odd question for an atheist to ask, isn't it? It almost presupposes god's existence. It's also easy to answer: there are lots of examples of people who love people they've never met. Think of people who have a favourite footballer or a hero of some kind. Sure, it's different from the love that Muslims have for Allah, but it's a comparison that should make sense to a non-believer.

I would have thought a more pertinent line of questioning would be: do you principally love or fear Allah? Which is predominant? How is it possible to love something you are afraid of?

~ Sabr ~
05-03-2012, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
do you principally love or fear Allah? Which is predominant? How is it possible to love something you are afraid of?
Peace brother

The answer is really quite simple. Let me give you an example.

I love my dad the most out of all the grown ups aunties uncles mum and dad in my life, but he is the only grown up I am afraid of, because he is strict when it comes to me misbehaving or being rude. There is a balance of love and fear.

The concept of love and fear of Allaah is like this: you Love His Mercy but are afraid of His punishment.

It can be further explained here:

What does fear of Allah and love of Allaah mean? - Click to Read

Taqwa- love or fear of Allaah, or both - Click to read

How should Allaah be loved and feared - Click to read

glo
05-22-2012, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Every human sins, that doesn't mean we don't love Him. He loves His creation, even though we sin.
Amen to that

Insaanah
05-23-2012, 05:46 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
He loves His creation, even though we sin.
Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity: For He loveth not creatures ungrateful and wicked. (2:276)

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. (2:190)

Say: Obey Allah and the messenger. But if they turn away, lo! Allah loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance). (3:32)

And as for those who believe and do good works, He will pay them their rewards in full. Allah loveth not wrong-doers.(3:57)

And serve Allah. Ascribe no thing as partner unto Him. (Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and unto the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbour who is not of kin, and the fellow-traveller and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess. Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud and boastful. (4:36)

And do not argue on behalf of those who deceive themselves. Indeed, Allah loves not one who is a habitually sinful deceiver.(4:107)

etc.

Allah sets out for us in the Qur'an some of those He loves and those He doesn't, so that we can try to be of those whom He loves.

May Allah grant us all His love, ameen.

I like this du3a from the sunnah:

Oh Allah, I ask you for Your love, and the love of those who love You, and the love of every action that will bring me closer to Your love. Ameen thumma ameen.

sister herb
05-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Atheists say why love God when you never met God
I wonder why atheists are even wonder such things... unless if they are looking for God even they don´t admit it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!