/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to make heavy letters heavy....

nutty
03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Assalamun alaikum

i am takin tajweed classes..nd i am having difficulty in makin my 'ra' and 'kha' heavy...cld you please give me tips in makin these letters heavy....my tajweed teacher said to rise the tongue to make it heavy..

i thot i understood what she meant but when i was practising at home...i didnt get it ..did she mean after pronouncin the letters the tongue is in mid air ???

and switch from light to heavy back to light letters..any tips on that...i would really appreciate it...like where the tongues shld be etc..

jazak-Allaah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
:salamext: The best tip i'd give is to make your mouth a full 'O' shape when pronouncing heavy letters of tajweed, and to make a Smile face (with mouth slightly open) when pronouncing the lighter letters. Try it. i.e. Say 'Ra' with the mouth fully Open in the 'O' shape, whatever sound comes out will be correct inshaa' Allah. The best basic practise is with letter Saad (full 'O' mouth shape pronunciation) and letter Siin (with a smile shaped mouth which is slightly open.) You should notice this difference and tajweed becomes alot more easier inshaa' Allah.

nutty
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
if i make my mouth a 'o' wldnt dat be dammah sound....'roo'

jazak-Allaah for your reply

- Qatada -
03-20-2012, 04:58 PM
:salamext: Still try to pronounce the fat-ha (zabar) sound (along with the 'O' shaped mouth) and then it will be recognized as a full-mouth (heavy) Raa. It might just sound odd to you because you're new to it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
03-20-2012, 05:29 PM
umm buh my tajweed teacher who came frm madinah (shes has studied there and goes every now and then to learn new things) said tht you can only make the shape of ur mouth like an O if its a wow or theres a dammah. she says tht if u make the shape of ur mouth like an O then the letter wont be pronounced properly she says its wrong.

Taraful ul lisaan means the two thinner edges of the tongue, so when the rear side of taraf ul lisaan vibrates against the gums of the two upper teeth Ra is pronounced.

Periwinkle18
03-20-2012, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
if i make my mouth a 'o' wldnt dat be dammah sound....'roo'
roo would be a wow madda

Makhrij:

The place of exit of any letter is called makraj. the plural of makhraj is makharij. To determine the makhraj of a letter, make it sakin and place a hamzah with any harkat before it. the point where the voice stops after articulation is the makraj of that letter.

Eg. To find the makhraj of the letter meem, we will make it sakin and put the hamzah with a harkat before it اَمْ in the case of ra it will be اَرْ

Periwinkle18
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
the rules of Ra "ر"

if there is a fathah(zabar),two fathahs(two zabars) or fathatain, dammah(paish) or two dammahs(two paish) or dammatain on ر then it thick/heavy.

thick ra =رًا رَ رُ رٌ

there r many rules of wen to make the thick/heavy or thin if you want i can post more??

nutty
03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Jazak-Allaah

@ Qatada - ok i will try that insha-Allaah
@Periwinkle18 - plz do post more

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-21-2012, 12:38 AM
:sl:

Raa and Khwaa have the same 'aww' sound that happens when you say 'awful' or 'awesome'. You are not supposed to 'O' your mouth as that changes the intended sound of the letter, rather, open up your mouth the same way you would when you say 'awesome' or 'awful' .

The following resources will be helpful iA:

First watch the following videos:

From 4:20..

From 4:08...

Then practice using the Talking Book:

http://bayyinah.com/tajweed_book/main.html

If you have any questions after this, please ask.

Abu.Yusuf
03-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Is it only the Raa and Khaa you find hard? How do you do the Qaaf, Saad, Taa etc?..if you can do them, i dont see why you cant do the other 2

Periwinkle18
03-21-2012, 02:29 AM
i find ض hard the rest are fine :) inshaAllah will post more rules when i go home.

nutty
03-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Asslamun alaikum

Jazak-Allaah for those beneficial videos.. ...the reason i say raa and khaa is becos my tajweed teacher said i need to pronounce them heavy as i keep pronoucing them light...in bismillah and Surah Naas...I am sure i need practice on the other heavy letter...its only cos so far we've been practising bismillah and surah Naas

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!