/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Sisters Way of Covering

nfnmcmd
03-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Asalaamualaikum. I am new Sister with a question about the different ways I see Sisters cover. I only want to learn from you. I do not mean to offend anyone. Insha'Allah.

I see different ways of covering when I go to Masjid. I am told it is a cultural thing. I am a little confused. I read we are to cover not allowing the shape of our bodies to show and to cover our heads. So please tell me why some cover completely but their clothing is skin tight? Why do some cover in Masjid, but when they get in their cars their scarves come off? Why do some tie their scarves in a manner where their necks are bare? Why do I smell perfume on women in Masjid? Why are their faces thick with makeup?

If anyone can explain to me where it says we are not all one in Islam and should follow what is mandated, PLEASE show me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummibby
04-02-2012, 09:39 PM
wa alaikum assalam sister

islam is perfect but muslims are not; most of us are in a full time battle with our nafs.

different people are at different levels of imaan and others have not been educated in their deen well enough.

some sisters are still influenced by the dunya and what the media says is desirable.

lastly there exist friday muslims just as there are sunday christians...they abide by the rules for the sake of it or because it's just what they have to do on fridays to please parents or whatever...but it hasn't reached their heart.

all your concerns are perfectly valid sister, hijab is very well defined i.e. shape must be covered and flesh must be covered except face and hands.

May Allah guide us all, increase our imaan and keep us steadfast, ameen

Muslimman
04-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Salam Sister,
Don't let Muslim actions distort your image of Islam itself. Most of Muslims don't carry out Islam in a perfect way. But still many are committed in their sayings and actions.
Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!