/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do not assume you know someone

nfnmcmd
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Asalaamualaikum. I am not surprised, but dissappointed that I see so much hostility here. Some of us simply want to learn from others. I always respect others opinions. I do not attack people, especially when I do not know them. Please save your attitudes for others who enjoy that kind of conversation as much as you. I do not enjoy it and want no part of it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
03-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Sister, if someone is offending you with the bluntness of their replies, then you can change your profile settings to ignore those people. Every post does not deserve to be answered.

nfnmcmd
03-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Ok. Thank you. Im going to call it a day. Im too sensitive sometimes. I care alot about people. I can be blunt, but that is just the way I talk. I never mean any harm. I have this huge heart that despite my years can still be naive. Salaam

MustafaMc
03-20-2012, 03:07 AM
People can sometimes seem judgemental toward those who seem judgemental of others. I could tell though you are just trying to learn and to understand. It is hard for someone born to Muslim parents to realize how difficult it is for reverts living in USA. I know firsthand that it is not easy and I admire you for making this tough decision given your difficult situation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TrueStranger
03-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Sister, I don't think anyone meant any wrong. Words usually appear more harsh on cyber world than they do in real life.

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Asalaamualaikum. I hear your words. I do tend to be to sensitive sometimes. If I am going to participate in discussions here, I need to get used to how people speak. I know I say things straight out and people misunderstand me. I am a blunt person because that is how I was taught. I have to watch my words so I dont offend. I am a person who likes to exchange opinions in a respectful way. Insha'Allah

Marina-Aisha
03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
ive read ur threads and i think ur being alittle too sentive, i think i know as i am the same. You jsut need just get past it cos u cant keep moaning bout these little things. im sorry if i sound harsh but i too am a new revert so i know how u feel.

Alpha Dude
03-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Do not assume you know someone
That's good advice. It's all too easy to form an opinion of someone based on a handful of posts.

Posts which may be misconstrued based on the perception and level of understanding of the reader.

Periwinkle18
03-21-2012, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nfnmcmd
Asalaamualaikum. I am not surprised, but dissappointed that I see so much hostility here. Some of us simply want to learn from others. I always respect others opinions. I do not attack people, especially when I do not know them. Please save your attitudes for others who enjoy that kind of conversation as much as you. I do not enjoy it and want no part of it.
aww sis im so sorry if i ever said something that hurt you

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
You are correct.

Ramadan90
03-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I have to agree with you sister. I have come across some judgemental people here with nasty attitude and I wish we could discuss in a respectful manner. The best way to handle those situations is to do what Islam says: do better. Either you ignore it or be even nicer.

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Sorry, I didnt explain....I was saying you are correct to Marina28

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 07:02 PM
To Allah<3, I have to get used to how people speak. As a Brother told me, things here are easy to misunderstand. We are typing words but the person on the other side cant really know the feeling behind them. Some words need no explanation, they can be harsh. I like to learn and exchange opinions without judgement. Allah knows our hearts and intentions

Marina-Aisha
03-21-2012, 07:03 PM
ooh cool, dont worry babe some people are judgmental but u just have get passed it...if u ever wanna talk just pm

nfnmcmd
03-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Thank you!

GodIsAll
03-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Ah, nfnmcmd! (There's a handful to type!)

Smile and rise above. This is a prime example of what it is for a spiritual being to endure the human experience. Harshness and negativity from humans are nothing to you. You are above it all.

Breathe deep, smile and enjoy. Wishing peace for you in God's love...

GuestFellow
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nfnmcmd
Salaam,

I would ignore it. Our lives are difficult as it is. Don't make it too difficult by taking too much notice of negative comments. Overall, I agree with what you are advocating. Nice topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!