/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-20-2012, 02:00 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

What is the bid'ah in 'milad un nabi', people say they celebrate for the love of the prophet (pbuh), if so, we should then do this everyday..But since we know individuals 'celebrate' due to the love of the prophet (pbuh), is this any way correct? If we love him so, don't you think we should be joyful, spread the message everyday?

Tbh, it kinda reminds me of mother's day, we don't single out one day in a year to be joyful and increase our ibaadah on a certain day, nor do we go to our mother once a year to please her or gift her with presents. So shouldn't we do as much ibadaah possible including every day of our life and not one day.

Also ,there are individuals who believe that the prophet (pbuh) is alive in his grave, can anyone clarify this for me, inshaa'Allaah..

I understand that a person is dead in this dunya, but alive in the barzakh (world between dunya and akhirah), but some individuals take it in literal form. For example people who say the prophet (pbuh) is hearing and seeying, seeying and hearing in the sense that he's been given knowledge of the seen and unseen by Allaah's authority, though this does not make him All hearing, nor All seeying in the sense that he has all knowledge. if that makes sense.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Bump!

CosmicPathos
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
eid milad un nabi is a bidah, something developed later on by muslim cultures. there was no concept of it during the time of Prophet or that of 4 rightly guided caliphs. We find no evidence. Surely if there was some evidence of Umar (ra) doing eid milad un nabi, I would be the first one to celebrate it. I like celebrations.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

I found these helpful.. If there are more beneficial sources, please share, it would be really helpful..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sis muslimah
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
http://en-gb.facebook.com/note.php?n...d=153507671287

Endymion
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
Also ,there are individuals who believe that the prophet (pbuh) is alive in his grave, can anyone clarify this for me, inshaa'Allaah..

Are the prophets alive or dead?
because whe prophet Muhammed(pbuh) went on the miraaj, all the prophets prayed behind him in masjid al-aqsa, then prophet Muhammed(pbuh) went though each heaven and met some of the more well known prophets again who must have prayed behind him earlier. Therfore, how could the prophets be in masjid al-aqsa and then in the heavens after.
Or are the prophets alive, but in a different reality to us?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The Prophets (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon them) are dead as far as the people of this world are concerned. Allaah says, addressing the last and best of them (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, you (O Muhammad) will die, and verily, they (too) will die”

[al-Zumar 39:30]

But before Allaah they are alive, for if the martyrs are alive with Allaah, then the Prophets are undoubtedly higher in status before Allaah. See Fath al-Baari, 6/444.

It was narrated in a saheeh report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Prophets are alive in their graves and they pray.” (Narrated by al-Bazzaar; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2790). This prayer is something that they are blessed with just as the people of Paradise are blessed with tasbeeh (glorifying Allaah).

They (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon them) are in their graves apart from ‘Eesa (peace be upon him), whom Allaah raised up into heaven, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them [the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

But Allaah raised him [‘Eesa (Jesus)] up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allaah is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.”

[al-Nisa’ 4:157-158]

With regard to the Prophets praying behind the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) on the night of the Isra’ (Night Journey), they prayed behind him in spirit, but their bodies were in their graves. The same applies to his seeing the Prophets during the Mi’raaj (ascent into heaven), when he saw Adam in the lowest heaven, and ‘Eesa and Yahya in the second heaven, and Yoosuf in the third, and Idrees in the fourth, and Haroon in the fifth, and Moosa in the sixth, and Ibraaheem in the seventh, or vice versa. He saw their souls appear in the shape of their bodies.

Some people say that he saw the same bodies that are buried in the graves, but this view does not carry any weight.

But ‘Eesa ascended into heaven body and soul, and the same is said of Idrees.

But with regard to Ibraaheem, Moosa and others, they are buried on earth.

The Messiah (may the blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him and all the other Prophets) will inevitably descend to earth, to the white minaret in the east of Damascus; he will kill the Dajjaal (“Antichrist”), break the cross and kill the pigs, as is proven in the saheeh ahaadeeth. Hence he is in the second heaven even though he is superior to Yoosuf, Idrees and Haroon, because he will descend to the earth before the Day of Resurrection, unlike the other Prophets. And Adam is in the lowest heaven because the souls of his descendents who are blessed (i.e., destined for Paradise) will be shown to him. As for the souls of the doomed (i.e., those who are destined for Hell) the gates of heaven will not be opened for them and they will not enter Paradise until the camel passes through the eye of the needle. So if they will be shown to him, he has to be near them. There is no contradiction in the fact that they (may be blessings and peace of Allaah be upon them) prayed behind the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) then he met some of them after he was taken up into the heavens, because the souls are like the angels, they may ascend and descend in an instant; they are not like bodies.

Adapted from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him), 4/328-329.
Islam Q&A

aadil77
03-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I think the brillo's believe in this concept of 'Hazir and Nazir', that the prophet is alive and present and could be around us right now. I read it one of their books when I used to go to a brewli madrassa. Some scholars say this is almost equivelent to shirk as you're giving a quality of Allah to His creation.

Endymion
03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Thats right.This is the concept of Barelwi Ulemas and that is the conflict between Barelwi and Deobandi Ulema's in spite of they both are the followers of Imam Abu Hanifa.

As Aadil pointed out,its a Barelwi belief that Muhammad SAW is omnipresent and omniscient.Also,they believe that Muhammad SAW was created of light and He SAW knows the unseen.I read all that in detail in the book of respected Scholar Mulana Yousef Ludhyanvi.If you are interested,find his book "Ikhtilaf-e-Ummat aur Siraate Mustaqeem" (The conflicts of Ummah and the right path).
To answer the question,i found this post really informative and almost what the respected scholar wrote in his book.

Is the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wasalaam) Hazir Nazir?

It is incorrect to believe that the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wasalaam) has the ability to be present everywhere. Rather, Allah (Subhanah WaTa’ala) is the only One who has the ability to witness all things at one time. To believe the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) is Hazir Nazir is completely disrespectful to Allah (Subhanah WaTa’ala) and the Prophet (SaAllahu Alahi Wassalaam).

For example, some have the belief that the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) actually attends gatherings where Durood is recited upon him Rather, the correct belief is that the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) is informed of our actions and Salaams are conveyed to him through angels, not that he actually comes to the gatherings. It is mentioned in Hadith by the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam)

حدثنا محمد بن يوسف ثنا سفيان عن عبد الله بن السائب عن زاذان عن عبد الله بن مسعود قال قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم : ان لله ملائكة سياحين في الأرض يبلغوني عن أمتي السلام (سنن الدارمي 2/409؛ عربي)

The Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) said: “Verily, Allah has angels that travel the Earth and convey my Ummah’s salutations to me” (al-Darami)

عن ابن مسعود أيضا عن النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم قال: (حياتي خير لكم تحدثون ويحدث لكم ووفاتي خير لكم تعرض علي أعمالكم فما رأيت من خير حمدت الله وما رأيت من شر استغفرت الله لكم) رواه البزار بإسناد جوده الحافظ العراقي وصححه الحافظ الهيثمي والجلال السيوطي والشهاب القسطلاني (الأحاديث المنتقاة، ص 91؛ جوامع الكلم)

The Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) said: "My life is good for you [since] you commit acts and its verdicts are given to you [through me]. And my death is [also] good for you [since] your deeds are presented to me. I praise Allāh for the good I see and I ask Him for your forgiveness for the evil I see" (al-Ahādīth al-Muntaqāh)

These two Ahadith clearly show that our Salaams and actions are presented to the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) through angels, not that he actually comes to the gatherings. Therefore, it will be incorrect to believe that the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) is Hazir Nazir.

Is the Prophet (SaAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) Alim ul-Ghayb?

The Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) was given knowledge of many things of the unseen, yet his knowledge was still limited. The ability to have complete knowledge of everything is the characteristic of Allah (Subhanah WaTa’ala) alone and no one else. This is proven through many Ayaat of the Quran a few of them are as follows:

قُل لاَّ يَعْلَمُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ الْغَيْبَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ (النمل: 65)

Say: “None in the Heavens and the earth knows the Ghayb (Unseen) except Allah” (Quran 27: 65)

قُل لاَّ أَقُولُ لَكُمْ عِندِي خَزَآئِنُ اللَّهِ وَلا أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ(الانعام: 50)

Say (O Muhammad SalAllahu Alahi Wassalam): I do not tell that with me are the treasures of Allah, nor (that) I know the Unseen (Quran 6: 50)

قُل لاَّ أَمْلِكُ لِنَفْسِي نَفْعًا وَلاَ ضَرًّا إِلاَّ مَا شَاء اللَّهُ وَلَوْ كُنتُ أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ لاَسْتَكْثَرْتُ مِنَ الْخَيْرِ وَمَا مَسَّنِيَ السُّوءُ(الاعراف:188)

Say (O Muhammad SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam): “I possess no power over benefit or hurt to myself except as Allah wills. If I had the knowledge of the Ghayb (Unseen), I should have secured for myself an abundance of wealth, and no evil should have touched me. (Quran 7: 188)

وَعِندَهُ مَفَاتِحُ الْغَيْبِ لاَ يَعْلَمُهَا إِلاَّ هُوَ(الانعام: 59)

And with Him (Allah) are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He (Allah). (Quran 6: 59)

Clearly, these aayaat prove that no one other than Allah (Subhana WaTa’ala) has the knowledge of the Ghayb. Furthermore, in one incident, Aishah (Radhi Allahu Anhaa) was falsely accused of indecency and, thus, the Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) was worried for a long period of time. Until Allah (Subhanah WaTa’ala) sent down the Wahy to inform him of the truth. If he was knowledgeable of the Ghayb, then he would have known the reality of the situation. Many other instances, besides this one, have clearly shown that the beloved Prophet (SalAllahu Alahi Wassalaam) did not have knowledge of the Ghayb.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-21-2012, 07:43 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
the brillo's
lol@brillo's

Jazakallaahu Khaayran all for your informatives posts. I hope that it benefit's each and every individual who views this thread as well as myself.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-02-2012, 10:11 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum,

I thought i'd share a video here...so what do you guys think?

Deobandis Vs. Barelwis - Who's Right?

aadil77
04-03-2012, 08:12 AM
deo's vs brillo's = obviously deo's

but salafi's vs deo's thats a tough one

I'll have to watch this when I go home

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I'll have to watch this when I go home
insha'Allaah...

Endymion
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I agree with respected sheykh we cant label any sect on the basis of what some of their scholars said but all i know about barelvis is Mulana Ilyas Qadri,his madani channel,his book "Faizan-e-sunnat and thousands of barelvis all around me.They all harping the same string.What they preach and how they act is simply bidah.All they know is bidah.I wish i could quote some master pieces from his book but this will take too much time and i dont want to waste my time in a fruitless debate.But yes,i wish respected scholar just give a look to their book and to their channel.Its nothing but deplorable.
Deobandi's win this debate or any other sect win this debate,i have no problem.The only thing that makes me sad is muslims are loosing the right path and they dont even know that.They think what they are doing is right.

P.S.Hey,one more post will turn you into "IB old skool" :statisfie

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-03-2012, 07:20 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum dear respected sis,

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I agree with respected sheykh we cant label any sect on the basis of what some of their scholars said but all i know about barelvis is Mulana Ilyas Qadri,his madani channel,his book "Faizan-e-sunnat and thousands of barelvis all around me.They all harping the same string.What they preach and how they act is simply bidah.All they know is bidah.I wish i could quote some master pieces from his book but this will take too much time and i dont want to waste my time in a fruitless debate.But yes,i wish respected scholar just give a look to their book and to their channel.Its nothing but deplorable.
Deobandi's win this debate or any other sect win this debate,i have no problem.The only thing that makes me sad is muslims are loosing the right path and they dont even know that.They think what they are doing is right.
Yes. I agree, we do not need to label ourselves, as 'muslim' is enough..but I guess because of some of the beliefs it differentiates one from one another..

JazaakiAllaah khaayr uktee.

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
P.S.Hey,one more post will turn you into "IB old skool"
Sadly..

I always thought 'old skool' is for those members who've been here since the creation of Li..i still feel kinda new, guess i should cut down on my posting then ..:hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!