PDA

View Full Version : Standing up against Homosexuality and LGBTs

جوري
03-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Standing up against Homosexuality and LGBTs

Shaikh (Dr) Haitham Al-Haddad

Mar 20|00:00
Last Updated on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:42

Some absurdly argue that homosexual inclinations are inherited through one’s genetics. However ridiculous such a claim may be, even if accepted for the argument’s sake, it still does not justify the criminal act. Many scientists have argued a genetic basis for a disposition to commit crimes such as burglary, theft, and sexual abuse, yet the law rightly condemns and punishes these acts. Some scientists have claimed that it is programmed into men's genetics to be unfaithful to their partners, yet society does not deem such behaviour morally acceptable. My point is not to enter into a scientific discussion on genetics but to emphasise the inconsistency of such an argument.

Homosexuality has once again become a hot topic in our society, and especially with current plans to change legislation relating to marriage, people have all sorts to say on the matter. However, in being Muslims who follow divine guidance as revealed to the Prophet (peace be upon him), we are ordained to stand in justice and truth against what has been determined as a great evil and harm to society. Allah informs us,

And (remember) Lot, when he said to his people: "Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in all that has been created? You practise your lusts on men instead of women; you are but a people transgressing beyond bounds." And the answer of his people was only that they said: "Drive them out of your town; these are indeed people who want to be pure!" Then We saved him and his family - except his wife, she was of those who remained behind. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). See how came about the end of the criminals!”

As we see in the verse, the primary evil of Prophet Lot’s fellow citizens was that they practised homosexuality, defined in the verse as a criminal act whereby the perpetrator engages in sexual acts with a member of the same sex. As Lot informs them, they initiated an evil never committed before them and as a result of their transgression Allah destroyed them. He says in surah al-Dhariyat that they have been left as a sign/lesson for those who fear a harsh punishment.
Some absurdly argue that homosexual inclinations are inherited through one’s genetics. However ridiculous such a claim may be, even if accepted for the argument’s sake, it still does not justify the criminal act. Many scientists have argued a genetic basis for a disposition to commit crimes such as burglary, theft, and sexual abuse, yet the law rightly condemns and punishes these acts. Some scientists have claimed that it is programmed into men's genetics to be unfaithful to their partners, yet society does not deem such behaviour morally acceptable. My point is not to enter into a scientific discussion on genetics but to emphasise the inconsistency of such an argument.
In order to combat the scourge of homosexuality Allah has ordained us to speak out, and that we should co-operate with others in righteousness and God-consciousness. He says,

“Cooperate in righteousness and piety, and do not cooperate in sin and enmity.”

It is in this vein that I commend the many Christian bishops and ministers who have come out in opposition to the current proposals to allow homosexuals to ‘marry’, and I support them in their endeavour to dissuade the government from including LGBTs in current marriage legislation. We also appreciate the brave stance of the Nobel peace prize winner and president of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, in defending a law that criminalises homosexual acts and determinedly standing for higher moral standards.

It is one thing to give equal rights to different communities so as to reflect our diverse and multicultural society, and quite another to afford a criminal act (according to the fundamentals of all faiths) the same legitimacy as an extremely natural and godly method of seeking union with a member of the opposite sex. Currently same-sex couples are allowed to enter into civil partnerships which provide the legal consequences of marriage. The idea of marriage is intrinsically religious; it was within a religious setting that marriage was instituted, both around the world and in this country, and so, we must question the desire of a secular government and godless homosexuals in wanting to attack and alter this profoundly religious notion when they are, quite regrettably, already afforded its benefits.

Just as some Christian leaders have spoken out, Muslim community leaders and scholars should not feel intimidated in speaking against this great offence and must stand for godly principles which many Christians are failing to do. Muslims must demonstrate a sense of responsibility and uphold the higher moral principles that Allah has commanded. Allah says,

“Thus We have made you the best of nations, that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger a witness over you.”

“You are the best of peoples ever raised up amongst mankind; you enjoin in good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are disobedient.

It is with the sentiment of this verse that we call upon Christians to refer back to the original teachings revealed by their creator, Allah, and to turn to the religion of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad as well as institute and embody all that they preached, commanded, and forbade. Allah says,

“...and you will find the nearest in love to the believers (Muslims) those who say: "We are Christians." That is because amongst them are priests and monks, and they are not proud. And when they listen to what has been sent down to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of the truth they have recognised. They say: "Our Lord! We believe; so write us down among the witnesses. And why should we not believe in Allah and in that which has come to us of the truth? And we wish that our Lord will admit us along with the righteous people." So because of what they said, Allah rewarded them Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise), they will abide therein forever. Such is the reward of good doers.”

I pray to Allah to preserve this country from evil practices, to save us from such acts, and to keep us steadfast in enjoining good and forbidding evil.

Notes:
Sources: www.islam21c.com
Islam21c requests all the readers of this article, and others, to share it on your facebook, twitter, and other platforms to further spread our efforts.

[1] Al-Qur’an 7:80-84

[2] Al-Qur’an 5:2

[3] Al-Qur’an 2:143

[4] Al-Qur’an 3:110

[5] Al-Qur’an 5:82-85

Bookmark
Email this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Zaria~
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

At the moment, South Africa is preparing to host 'Mr Gay World 2012' next month (in fact, a south african has won this event twice in the contests 4 year history.....I hadnt realised how gay this country is becoming until recently!)

Almost everyday, I as well as thousands others, have to pass by a huge bill-board advertising this event.

So, for those who were still 'hiding in the closet', its a message that says - 'Be Proud', 'this is acceptable'......if we can host Mr Gay World events, then there is no need to hide anymore.

And true enough, more and more South Africans are 'coming out', as they are across the world.

I am aware of the following hadith that pertains to some of the minor signs of Qiyamat (if someone, can provide a reference for it, I would really appreciate it : ) )

Hadhrat Anas (R.A) narrates the following from Rasulullah.

“When my Ummat begins regarding five things as permissible and perpetrates them, then they will be destroyed;

· When they abuse and curse each other,
· Men begin using Silk garments,
· Entertain themselves with singing and dancing women.
· Consume liquor openly.
· Homosexuality and Lesbianism is practiced.

We are clearly living in one of the worst periods in history for the ummah of Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

May Allah protect this ummah from all these sorts of fitnahs that are lashing out at us on a daily basis. Ameen

:wa:

جوري
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
South Africa is preparing to host 'Mr Gay World 2012' next month
Al7mdlillah I am blissfully ignorant of such events as I avoid any form of TV or Radio and any form of adverts...
This is the time of pure tribulations bombarding us from the left and right.. .. It is a very sad time for humanity.. the more they progress the more they seem to lose their humanity and regress to an animal like state where they act on base instincts ...

GodIsAll
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Men begin using Silk garments
Silk garments for men is forbidden?

Not that I own any, mind you...just learned something new.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Greetings and peace be with you ßlµêßêll; thanks for sharing, and I believe that people of all faiths should be standing together on this.

I was saddened that we were asked to sign an online petition, to protect the ‘Legal’ definition of marriage below

“I support the legal definition of marriage which is the voluntary union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others. I oppose any attempt to redefine it.”
I feel very strongly that this petition needs to omit one word and add two more....

“I support the definition of marriage which is the voluntary union for life of one man and one woman before God, to the exclusion of all others. I oppose any attempt to redefine it.”
The secular world can fight the ‘legal definition of marriage’ with lawyers and politicians; we should be fighting for the definition of marriage before God. As such people of all faiths should be able to stand together as you quoted.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith cooperation

Eric

جوري
03-20-2012, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I was saddened that we were asked to sign an online petition, to protect the ‘Legal’ definition of marriage below
Satan has waged his battle and has lined up his army and it is unraveling, but they'll laugh at you and brand you uncivilized, backwards, a zealot or paranoid for speaking out against this.. They'll have you believing in all the florid speech that religion is a concoction but sodomy is a natural inclination under some threat and Satan has won indeed-- his greatest trick is convincing his minions that he doesn't exist and that they do this out of reason and free will...

7:14 to top

Sahih International
[Satan] said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."

7:15 to top

Sahih International
[ Allah ] said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved."

7:16 to top

Sahih International
[Satan] said, "Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path.

7:17 to top

Sahih International
Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."

7:18 to top

Sahih International
[ Allah ] said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. Whoever follows you among them - I will surely fill Hell with you, all together."

Truly Sadaq Allah al3atheem!

Hamza Asadullah
03-21-2012, 12:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Silk garments for men is forbidden?

Not that I own any, mind you...just learned something new.
Yes my friend silk and gold is forbidden for men. Please read more here and the reasons behind it:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1803&CATE=97

GodIsAll
03-21-2012, 03:48 AM
Interesting.
Good thing I'm not much of a gold guy either...except for my wedding ring.

You folks see it coming, don't you?

Go ahead and find a few verses on "domestic discord" for me, okay?

truthseeker63
03-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Islamic Demonstration Against NYC Gay Parade 2008(1of2)

Uploaded by islamicthinkers on Jul 3, 2009
Islamic Thinkers Society Demonstrating against the NYC Gay parade in 2008. May Allah s.w.t. the Creator be a witness over our deeds as we tried to forbid this evil with our tongues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3U2g...8&feature=plcp
Islamic Demonstration Against NYC Gay Parade 2008(2of2)

Uploaded by islamicthinkers on Jul 3, 2009
Islamic Thinkers Society Demonstrating against the NYC Gay parade in 2008. May Allah s.w.t. the Creator be a witness over our deeds as we tried to forbid this evil with our tongues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04zQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/islamicthinkers

truthseeker63
03-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Homosexuality is a threat to the Human Species and to our Future.

truthseeker63
03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
We need to promote Straight Pride.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_pride

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/2010...ace-sexuality/
Attachment 4710

truthseeker63
03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Attachment 4711

http://www.resist.com/CARTOON%20GALL...page_0001.html

http://www.resist.com/CARTOON%20GALL...gs_image03.jpg

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!