/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Magic Tricks, So As To Say ;)

Al-bint
03-27-2012, 03:06 PM
:sl:May everyone find this in the best state of Imaan and Health

!I am not so good with jokes, so this is all I have to offer. I had previously posted a thread about a test to find out if you PC is male or female, this time I thought to dedicate a thread to such stuff :)

Try this:
1) Open calculator ie.. Goto run and type – calc (laptop/pc)
2) Now type the following
2.1) Type 4
2.2) Take its square root by using the square root button,
2.3) Now you will get 2. Subtract 2 from it.
2.4) The answer should have been 0 but its not. You would have got a long number as your answer.

Anyone who knows any such stuff can post it here...I am sorry if such a thread already exists. In that case just give me its link and delete this 1.

Wasalaam!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
I have an old trick with the windows Pinball Game

Trick : when starting a new game, just before launching the first ball, type : bmax.
After that, you will never run out of balls : every time you lose a ball, there is a new ball launched.

restart the Pinball program to disable this trick.

Periwinkle18
03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
y isnt it 0??

marwen
03-27-2012, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
y isnt it 0??
sqrt : is square root

Actually, the calculator cannot calculate the exact value of sqrt(4) = 2, it instead calculates an approximative value of sqrt(4) = 1.99999.....99999 for example. ( pricesely he finds 2 - 8,1648465955514287168521180122928e-39),
Although the calculator displays 2 (because the number found is too close to 2), but it really stores in his memory "2 - 8,1648465955514287168521180122928e-39",
That's why when you substruct 2 from this result, you get "- 8,1648465955514287168521180122928e-39"

WARNING : DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING, IF YOU HATE MATHS & PROGRAMMING.

Useless attempt to explain more:
The calculator makes approximative calculation of the non-arithmetic functions (sqrt(), sin(), cos(), log(), etc.)...
It does not have exact values, because electronic processors (those you find in calculators, computers, etc.) do not understand analytic mathematics (mathematical functions, derivation, integration), they only understand basic arithmetic operations (+, -, x, / ).
So in order to calculate no-arithmetic functions, the calculator will approximate/represent these functions with a "series" of simple arithmetic operations. It will calculate a sum of arithmetic expressions (terms) that will have a result too close to the real (ideal) result, with an acceptable precision.

To be honest, I don't really know what algorithm is used with the Calculator program. There's too many algorithms (methods) for every type of function. Algorithms vary according to it's precision and according to it's performance (calculation time).

For the sqrt() function, I still remember one example of algorithm : Héron d'Alexandrie

SQRT(N):
N is the number that we want to determine its square root.

r1: to be chosen.

// epsilon is the precision (the acceptable convergence difference)
While ( | rn+1 - rn | > epsilon ) Do // For n = 1, 2, 3, ....
rn+1 = (rn + N/ rn)/2
Loop

// Result :
SQRT(N) = rn+1 // (last term found)

Now, forgive me for the very interesting mathematical explanation!

Please go on with this funny thread.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
03-28-2012, 06:26 PM
^ Wow thanks im not good at math buh i love learning new things :)

Al-bint
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
:sl:

Did you know that a flight number from one of the planes that hit one of the two WTC towers on 9/11 was Q33N. In Notepad / WordPad or MS Word, type that flight number i.e Q33N. Increase the font size to 72. Change the font to Wingdings. ..... u will be amazed by the findings!

wasalaam!

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-20-2012, 09:14 PM
My calculator returned 0.

Abz2000
06-20-2012, 11:49 PM
if ur using vista or xp

open notepad
type:

bush hid the facts

save it

open it again

(won't work in win 7)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!