/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophets

Sumaiya54
03-31-2012, 07:02 PM
My father had a question, and I really wasnt sure how to answer it (he is non-muslim).
Why are all of the Prophets male? Sorry if this is obvious I am new to Islam and am still learning.

Salaam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Azraq
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Allah knows the abilities of men and women better than we do.

The prophets and messengers experienced many hardships to deliver their message. I think this role is unfitting for a women because of her nature and abilities.

Then when she delivered her Maryam(Mary) she said: "O my Lord! I have given birth to a female child," - and Allah knew better what she brought forth, - "And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam, and I seek refuge with You (Allah) for her and for her offspring from Satan, the outcast."

And Allah knows best.

Endymion
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I read these ayahs of Quran and found them truly amazing.

(43:18) Do they assign to Allah one who grows up amidst ornaments and is not well-versed in the art of disputation?

I personally think these two reasons can also be taken as to why Allah SWT didn't choose women as prophets.A prophet should be physically strong enough to face the hardships in the way of dawah.People threw stones and boiling water at them,killed them.They had to travel alot night and day,they had to face hunger,loss of families,they had to went through severe tests from Allah SWT and no matter how painful the condition was for them,they show patience and spread the message of Allah SWT in the best possible way.No loss,no fear,no torture stop them to spread the words of Allah SWT.
Can a woman go through all these hardships and fulfill the responsibilities of Dawah?

Predator
04-02-2012, 07:13 PM
The man and woman are equal in the sight of Allah but thet have been setup for different roles on earth

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hiraislam
07-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Such questions are risky to answers as Allah knows bettter what to do.

dqsunday
07-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Women can endure the same hardships forced upon the prophets..the reason I feel Allah in all His Mighty Wisdom is very few people would take a woman seriously. Arab tribes would kill their daughters at birth as they felt girl babies were next to worthless, favoring sons. Many cultures have the same view and as hard as it is to admit, if there was a female Prophet she most likely be killed out right, or ignored.

Instead of choosing a pious woman to be a prophetess, Prophets had powerful female supporters instead such as Muhammad's (salallahu alayhi wasalam) first wife.

muslimah bird
07-06-2012, 07:09 PM
And the male is not like the Female 3:36.

AbdurRahman.
08-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Prophets are to spread their message to mankind, this mission would not be suitable for women they are best kept under hijab from the prying eyes of men; also Prophetood/messengership involves hard physical striving, and even defending and fighting against enemies for which men are more suited

salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!