/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Easter.

KDhieb
04-08-2012, 04:28 AM
  1. "Eas·ter
    noun /ˈēstər/ 
    Easters, plural
    1. The most important and oldest festival of the Christian Church, celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ and held (in the Western Church) between March 21 and April 25, on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the northern spring equinox

2. The period in which this occurs, esp. the weekend from Good Friday to Easter Monday"

I was asking a friend of mine to clarify what the Easter celebration was all about... and I was told that it was the resurrection of Jesus (pbuh).. and that it was one of his many miracles.. However, I was having another discussion about Jesus (pbuh) being a prophet and not the actual son of God, stating that it was a miracle of Allah (swt)..

I just don't understand how one can have the belief that the resurrection of Jesus (pbuh) has occurred but yet cannot embrace the fact that Maryam (pbuh) had a miracle of her own ..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-manar
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Peace.. and welcome to the board

I don't think the following is clear:

format_quote Originally Posted by KDhieb
I just don't understand how one can have the belief that the resurrection of Jesus (pbuh) has occurred but yet cannot embrace the fact that Maryam (pbuh) had a miracle of her own ..
[
what miracle of her own , and who are those who believe in the resurrection yet cannot embrace the Marian miracle?

If you refer to the virgin birth miracle ...christians believe it was a miracle ..and they do embrace the fact that Maryam (pbuh) had a miracle .....

the difference between them and us ,is who is the fruit of such miracle ,is he a prophet or the pre-existed divine word that was with God from the beginning ,and was God ,who came to be incarnated in that child for a mission then back again to where he was (heaven)...

Regards

Ibrahim_K
04-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Salaam,

Easter is actually a jewish celebration, called pesáh in hebrew, were the jewish people celebrate the Exodus from Egypt and the slavery they were subject to.

UUSeeker
04-14-2012, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim_K
Salaam,

Easter is actually a jewish celebration, called pesáh in hebrew, were the jewish people celebrate the Exodus from Egypt and the slavery they were subject to.
In a sense you are correct. the Biblical story of the Passion of Jesus takes place during the Passover, or the Pesach. But the timing is coincidental, according to Christian beliefs.

The Passover is the Jewish celebration of the miracle of the first born and the liberation of the Jews from Egypt.

Christians celebrate Easter because of their belief Jesus rose from dead on the third day of the Triduum, which in Roman Catholic tradition, starts on the Thursday prior to Easter Sunday.

Easter actually gets its name from the name of an ancient Pagan Goddess, Ostara, who was honored in some areas of Europe on or about the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. Reverence for Ostara has had a "resurrection" of its own, in a manner of speaking, because some modern-day Pagans have revived the worship of her in North America and elsewhere.

In regards to the first question, Mary, the mother of Jesus, is revered, as is the virgin birth miracle, by many Christians, especially in Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Coptic and, to some degree, Episcopalian and Lutheran traditions.
Some Protestant Christians consider the reverence of Mary to be heretical.

Peace,

Seeker

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pygoscelis
04-20-2012, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim_K
Salaam,

And here I thought Easter was a pagan festival about chocolate bunnies. Silly me. ;D

Muhammad
04-27-2012, 12:28 AM
:sl:

The discussion with Orangeduck has been moved into a new thread here: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...rangeduck.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!