/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic-Urdu-English Dictionary Project, want to work with Nouman Ali Khan?

- Qatada -
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
:salamext:

A few people are working on typing and translating the famous Qur'anic Thesaurus - Mutaraadifaat ul Qur'an.*

We've done some parts of the Project which you can see here (open on google chrome): http://qurandev.github.com/quran

Nouman Ali Khan likes the project so much, that even he is going to get involved in Reviewing the work. (he's recommended the thesaurus in his lectures and articles too).

The book is over 1000 pages long, we need to have as much people willing to help as possible.

All you have to do is (either or a mixture of the following);

1 - Type up the Arabic words and their synonyms (in arabic or transliteration)
2 - Type up the Urdu definitions
3 - Or both.

This is how part of a page from the book looks like;

*Download the Thesaurus from here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9306130/Mutaradifaat-ul-Quran.pdf

Remember this dictionary will be added onto a famous Qur'an site
, so any students of Qur'an and Arabic who benefit from it after you - you will get massive rewards from Allah inshaa' Allah, while also learning parts of Arabic language yourself.

If you or any of your family members want to help, please reply here. I will then give you a certain amount of pages you want to do. Just reply here. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-bint
04-13-2012, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
1 - Type up the Arabic words and their synonyms (in arabic or transliteration)
2 - Type up the Urdu definitions
Asalaamualikum!

i have a question:
One has to do this on their own as in from their own vocab or will the material be provided?

wasalaam!

- Qatada -
04-13-2012, 08:36 PM
:salamext: The material is provided, you just need to write it (the Arabic and Urdu) into Roman English (aka transliteration). And if you're really advanced, you can try to translate it into English from Urdu or Arabic. Just download the Dictionary linked to on my 1st post and you'll see that it's really easy, I just need alot of people to help because there are over 1000pages, and if each person did 10 pages (even if it took 1 month for those 10pages) - we would finish alot quickly inshaa' Allah. Are you still interested?

Periwinkle18
04-14-2012, 08:17 AM
wow this is amazing mashaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
just what i was looking for !!!!

- Qatada -
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM

This websites will help you type in Arabic really easily (you just need an english keyboard)

http://eiktub.org

Al-bint
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Asalaamualaikum! ofcourse i am interested. its just that may be for me it might take a bit of time to do the typing as my semester exams are goin on... but still I can try! :)

wasalaam!

- Qatada -
05-06-2012, 10:37 AM
:salamext:Al Bint - can you translate from page 100-p110 (from urdu to english):http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9306130/Muta...t-ul-Quran.pdf

- Qatada -
05-06-2012, 10:47 AM
:salamext: al-Bint, the urdu page number is p82-93 which you need to complete. Please tell me if you will be able to do that. (Just write the arabic word/s and the urdu definitions, and just label the surah:ayah number, thats all). May Allah reward you. Also ask other people if they want to help.

Al-bint
05-06-2012, 04:26 PM
. Please tell me if you will be able to do that. (Just write the arabic word/s and the urdu definitions, and just label the surah:ayah number, thats all).
Alhamdulillah I downloaded both the urdu book as well as the arabic software. Could you please explain to me exactly what I need to do? i saw the page no. 82. It consists of an urdu translation of Surah 8... could you just post an example type picture as to what to write and how to write?

This websites will help you type in Arabic really easily (you just need an english keyboard)

http://eiktub.org
I think its .com instead of .org

wasalaam!

- Qatada -
05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-bint

Alhamdulillah I downloaded both the urdu book as well as the arabic software. Could you please explain to me exactly what I need to do? i saw the page no. 82. It consists of an urdu translation of Surah 8... could you just post an example type picture as to what to write and how to write?

wasalaam!

See the image attached.

Then this is how you will write it (in Roman Urdu, or you can translate the urdu to English):

pg 82: 11 - 'Aasaan' (Easy)
key liye yaseer (y s r), awr hayyinun (h w n) ke alfaaz aye hain.
#1) ...explanation of yaseer follows... includes ayah reference, for which just write: 4:30. Dont type ayah, meaning.
#2) ...explanation of hayyin follows... includes ayah references: 25:63, 46:20, 19:20-21
HaSil (Gist):
1) Yaseer: baat yaa kaam jow faa'il (faa3il) se sahuwlath se sar anjaam paa'ay.
2) hayyinun: woh baat yaa kaam jow faa3il kiy quwwat wa qudrath ke muqable main bahuth kam darjah kaa ho.

This is how you will write the Urdu from the book into English.

If you still don't understand, please ask.

QueDee
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Assalaamualaikum all,

I am br. Linguist's assistant. Let me know if anyone needs help getting started contributing on this project.

salaam,
QueDee

QueDee
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Translating. first easy step, you will get a batch of 10 pages. You just need to scan through and type up the topicname and the Arabic synonyms (in roman english will do. we will arabize).

Contact us thru PM or email or skype anytime inshallah.
Dont be intimidated.. just give it a try inshallah. May Allah accept from you and from us - ameen.

Al-bint
05-09-2012, 04:26 AM
If you still don't understand, please ask.

I think I get it. IA will start soon. And once I finish a page I'll get back to you to just check if how I am doing it is correct or not. I need to submit it by..?

wasalaam!
Jazakallah khair for this opportunity!

QueDee
05-10-2012, 05:20 PM
wasalaam,

br Qatada, feel free to correct me.
It would be ideal if the sister's translation can be done by this weekend, so someone from the team can turnaround with feedback quickly, bi-iznillah.
If not possible, then a weeks time should suffice..

salaam
QueDee

QueDee
05-13-2012, 05:43 AM
asalaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakaatuh

If you have any questions, or want to get involved in the project - email us at;

Quran.Synonyms [at] gmail [dot com]

Al-bint
05-13-2012, 06:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QueDee
wasalaam,

br Qatada, feel free to correct me.
It would be ideal if the sister's translation can be done by this weekend, so someone from the team can turnaround with feedback quickly, bi-iznillah.
If not possible, then a weeks time should suffice..

salaam
QueDee
Wasalaikum Salaam!

I have mentioned it earlier that my semester exams are going on right now... I can't speed up my work least till 23rd may. Insha Allah after that it won't take much time. Inform me if that's fine...

wasalaam!

QueDee
05-13-2012, 02:41 PM
wasalaam,

yes, it's fine.

salaam/QueDee

QueDee
05-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Salaam

bumping the thread. Incase anyone else interested, please contact us at above email ID. or post here.

salaam

QueDee
05-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Assalaamuaalikum all,

Forwarding a sisters contribution. Please pray that Allah accepts from her and rewards her immensely. ameen. may all our efforts be for His sake alone. ameen.

Sura 113 Al-Falaq
Breaking/tearing: phaadna - page 302 (click to see the book page, topic# 32)

1. kharaqa: to rend, make a hole in. to disfigure something.
Reference: 18:71

2. qadda: to rend lengthwise
Reference: 12:25

3. faTara: to split, create
Reference: 67:3, 30:30

4. fajara: to cause water to pour forth, to rend in a broad way
Reference: 17:91, 18:33

5. makhara: to plough the waves witha dashing noise.
reference: 16:14

6. shaqqa: to split, cleave a hard substance with great difficulty.
Reference: 80:26

7. falaqa: to split & divide an inanimate thing into two halves; daybreak.
reference: 26:63, 6:95, 6:96

8. faraqa: to split & divide something into many parts
reference: 2:50

9. mazzaqa: to tear in pieces and destroy.
reference: 34:19

salaam

QueDee
05-26-2012, 02:21 PM
salaam all,

Alhamdulillah, more Surahs completed. Now anyone can review (arabic knowing or not).
See Updates:

quran-synonyms.blogspot.com/2012/05/surah-al-falaq-part1.html

quran-synonyms.blogspot.com/2012/05/surah-al-falaq-completed-alhamdulillah.html

quran-synonyms.blogspot.com/2012/05/surah-al-kaafiroon-completed.html

Al-bint
05-27-2012, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QueDee
Breaking/tearing: phaadna - page 302 (click to see the book page, topic# 32)

1. kharaqa: to rend, make a hole in. to disfigure something.
Reference: 18:71

2. qadda: to rend lengthwise
Reference: 12:25

3. faTara: to split, create
Reference: 67:3, 30:30

4. fajara: to cause water to pour forth, to rend in a broad way
Reference: 17:91, 18:33

5. makhara: to plough the waves witha dashing noise.
reference: 16:14

6. shaqqa: to split, cleave a hard substance with great difficulty.
Reference: 80:26

7. falaqa: to split & divide an inanimate thing into two halves; daybreak.
reference: 26:63, 6:95, 6:96

8. faraqa: to split & divide something into many parts
reference: 2:50

9. mazzaqa: to tear in pieces and destroy.
reference: 34:19

salaam
Asalaamualaikum!

I am getting confused... are we not supposed to write Urdu in English script..?? or just the english meanings of the words?
If so I have to redo all I did till now!

Hope You reply soon.

Allah Hafiz!

Caplets
11-13-2019, 11:52 PM
السلام عليكم

Was this project completed?

السلام عليكم

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!