/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how does one teach kids abt forgiveness

Periwinkle18
04-22-2012, 11:09 AM
:sl:

i need help m making a presentation its the last one its abt forgiveness he do u teach 3 -5 yr olds abt forgiveness do we hav any ahadith?

im stuck my minds completely blank duno y i just can't make this last presentation. How do i teach them abt forgiveness...

they start fighting with each other even if they accidently bump into each other they'll start fighting :S i've got to make the presentation bfore the 25th of april!! Helppp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
04-24-2012, 04:31 PM
:bump1:

tango92
04-24-2012, 05:46 PM
i found this

http://islamicbooks.info/H-7-Ethics/7--Ethics-4.htm

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ إِخْوَةٌ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَ أَخَوَيْكُمْ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ
The Believers Are Like Brothers To One Another; So, Promote Peace And Reconciliation Among Them,
And Fear Allah, That You May Receive Mercy.
(Surah 49: Ayah 10)

لا يُؤمِنُ أحدُكُم حتى يُحِب لأَخِيهِ ما يُحبُُّ لِنَفسـه
He Has Weak Faith Until That Person
Loves For His Brother What He Loves For Himself.
Bukhari

المؤمنون كرجلٍ واحد إن إشـتكى عيـنهُ إشـتكى كُلُّه
وإن إشـتكى رأسُهُ إشـتكى كُلُّه
The Faithful Are Like A Single Body: If His Eye Suffers, Then His Constitution Will Suffer; And If He Has A Headache, Then His Whole System Will Suffer.
Muslim

Periwinkle18
04-24-2012, 05:48 PM
^ JazakAllah khayr i can use these ahadith buh for them it'll b kinda hard buh inshaAllah i'll try to explain.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jameelash
04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
salam,daily before bed or any other time which suits the kids make dua and ask them to say Aameen.u can say forgive me and and kids for doing so ... (or what ever u want to add) then next make dua Allah to give what they want..and end with dua for jannah.let thekids listen and just say ameen.make it a daily routine.the kids will pickup as they grow..make very short interesting dua.long dua will make them fast asleep

Periwinkle18
04-24-2012, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jameelash
salam,daily before bed or any other time which suits the kids make dua and ask them to say Aameen.u can say forgive me and and kids for doing so ... (or what ever u want to add) then next make dua Allah to give what they want..and end with dua for jannah.let thekids listen and just say ameen.make it a daily routine.the kids will pickup as they grow..make very short interesting dua.long dua will make them fast asleep
w/salam umm im not married m just asking for the kids i teach in skool they're like frm 3yr old to 6 yr olds how do i teach them?? i want to make a presentation abt it.

Eric H
04-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Periwinkle18;

they start fighting with each other even if they accidently bump into each other they'll start fighting
This seems a tough challenge to try and influence very young children.

I think some kind of play acting might be the best approach. If one boy hits another, you could ask, what should the second boy do? Should he hit him back, or should he try and make friends with him.

What happens if you hit him back, what happens if you try and make friends, even if he has just hit you?

Try and think through a sequence of events that benefits making friends in the long term. If you can put across a couple of practical examples that seem to make sense to youngsters, you could then quote a verse after just to say that this is the right path.

In the spirit of striving to inspire others

Eric

Endymion
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Salams Winkly :statisfie

Im sorry i wish i could have visited this thread before so i can give you better ideas but for this time,i have only one thing in my mind,"Motivational technique's".
I never taught such small kids but i have idea that kids like stories so much.Also,if you put them in a situation and ask them what to do next,they will understand your point in a much better way.Tell them if they broke a beautiful decoration piece or anything precious and their mum came to know about it,what they expect their mum to react and treat them in such a situation.When they answer they expect their mother to forgive them,then tell them about forgiveness and tell them some interesting incidents of forgiveness from the life of Muhammad SAW.Tell them how much Allah SWT love those who forgive each other for the sake of Him almighty and convince them to be kind with each other.
Hope this helps Inshallah :statisfie

Who Am I?
04-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Coloring books. :D

Because who doesn't love coloring books, eh? Am I right?

Endymion
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
How does one teach forgiveness through coloring books :hmm:

Periwinkle18
04-25-2012, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
How does one teach forgiveness through coloring books
srsly i dun get it :p jazakAllah m kinda busy rite now will read the posts wen i go home

Endymion
04-25-2012, 08:33 AM
You are using forum from the School :embarrass

Periwinkle18
04-25-2012, 08:49 AM
yup i use it wen im in the staff room...

Who Am I?
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
How does one teach forgiveness through coloring books :hmm:
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
srsly i dun get it :p jazakAllah m kinda busy rite now will read the posts wen i go home
Eh, it was supposed to be a joke about how kids like coloring books.

Sorry, I have nothing else to offer... imsad

Periwinkle18
04-25-2012, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
This seems a tough challenge to try and influence very young children.
I think some kind of play acting might be the best approach. If one boy hits another, you could ask, what should the second boy do? Should he hit him back, or should he try and make friends with him.
What happens if you hit him back, what happens if you try and make friends, even if he has just hit you?
Try and think through a sequence of events that benefits making friends in the long term. If you can put across a couple of practical examples that seem to make sense to youngsters, you could then quote a verse after just to say that this is the right path.
In the spirit of striving to inspire others
peace

umm thank u i was thinking the same at first i thought we mite do a role play buh i made these stick puppets instead :)

tell them some interesting incidents of forgiveness from the life of Muhammad SAW.Tell them how much Allah SWT love those who forgive each other for the sake of Him almighty and convince them to be kind with each other.
inshaAllah i will b adding tht i was searching for ahadith jazakAllah sis

Periwinkle18
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Eh, it was supposed to be a joke about how kids like coloring books.

Sorry, I have nothing else to offer... imsad
awww hehehe see im laughing now :p

Who Am I?
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
awww hehehe see im laughing now :p
OK, that's better. :p

So how did it go?

Periwinkle18
04-27-2012, 03:35 AM
lol i didnt make the complete presentation i asked my boss for more time cuz i've been given pottery too n i had to practise for tht... inshaAllah the forgivenes presentation will b given in the last or second last week of may buh i have to make it n get it checked frm my boss pray tht he likes it :)

~ Sabr ~
04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
:salamext:

Just 1 aayah of the Qur'aan should suffice teaching kids about Forgiveness:

{Say: 'O My slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah; verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful'.}[Quran 39:53].

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!