/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question for a guy

sourbubblegum
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
I just want to know if any guys would consider getting married to a girl who was single and looking for marriage but was pregnant or had a child that was out of wedlock. i mean if this girl was serious about getting married and was a good person but already had a child. or would it only be possible to find someone else who already had kids as well?

thanks for answering.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-14-2012, 01:12 PM
:bump: someone help the sister

Beardo
05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sourbubblegum
I just want to know if any guys would consider getting married to a girl who was single and looking for marriage but was pregnant or had a child that was out of wedlock. i mean if this girl was serious about getting married and was a good person but already had a child. or would it only be possible to find someone else who already had kids as well?

thanks for answering.
This is really subjective. It depends on the person herself. Realistically, I'm sure most people would want someone without kids and who did not have intercourse out of wedlock. However, situations change and so do people.

But the guy would have to be really mature in order to take on a marriage WITH kids.

I suppose it might make sense for some older guys who might feel like they're onto a a late start so they'd be more than willing to have a marriage with kids. But then you also mentioned the child was also out of wedlock.

Again, it's all subjective. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Not sure.

IslamicRevival
05-14-2012, 03:26 PM
From a personal point of view, I dont see why not but as with anything, its easier said then done.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
05-14-2012, 03:42 PM

thanks for answering.
Salaam,

I personally wouldn't mind. My family wouldn't like it but I won't allow them to make personal decisions for me. I can't speak for other guys.

'Abd-al Latif
05-14-2012, 04:08 PM

thanks for answering.
I'm sure there are guys who would; religious guys who've preserved their chastity their whole lives, a guy whom you'd love to get married to.

The biggest question a guy has when he looks for a sister for marriage is how practising she is. If she's had a past then we ask how much she's changed. The biggest turn off for for a guy is to know that she hasn't changed much from bad habits/patterns.

If you're serious about breaking old habits, patterns and becoming a righteous Muslimah, he'll be serious about marrying you.

'Abd-al Latif
05-14-2012, 04:26 PM
:salamext:

Muhammed Shinqitee

CosmicPathos
05-14-2012, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I'm sure there are guys who would; religious guys who've preserved their chastity their whole lives, a guy whom you'd love to get married to.

The biggest question a guy has when he looks for a sister for marriage is how practising she is. If she's had a past then we ask how much she's changed. The biggest turn off for for a guy is to know that she hasn't changed much from bad habits/patterns.

If you're serious about breaking old habits, patterns and becoming a righteous Muslimah, he'll be serious about marrying you.
This.

However, in real life out there, past behaviors are good predictors of future behaviors (scientifically proven). Moreover, no one has the luxury of time to trial and test someone with a past to see if they have changed. So people tend to err on the side of caution and go for virgin stuff.

dysphoricrocker
05-23-2012, 03:20 AM
Salaam.

As brother Beardo said, it subjective. But if you were to ask me, i would mind.

Scimitar
05-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Insha-Allah I will be marrying a divorcee who has a child (5 yr old daughter). CosmicIntuition on this forum is who I plan to marry insha-Allah.

I've never been married.

Go figure :D

Scimi

Said_Soussi
05-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Incha'Allah brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!