/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Feline Friend

Hulk
04-29-2012, 12:13 PM
I am a lonely boy. One day, I was sitting alone outside my house when this orange cat came up to me. He wasn't begging for my attention, rather, he just sat beside me. It was as if he knew that all I needed at that moment was a bit of company. We must have sat together for about a quarter of an hour, he then decided to be on his way to wherever it was he was heading to.

The next time I saw him was a few weeks later, I was sitting alone when I saw him walking past. He was quite far but we happened to make eye contact and he changed direction and came towards me. Just like before, we just sat together without saying a word. I admit, I did pet him but he was cool about it. 15 minutes passed and once he again he continued on his way.

In the next three years, we basically did the same thing repeatedly and there was no doubt that we have certainly forged some kind of a friendship. It was no longer a case of him joining me in a sitting session anymore, sometimes I would find him sleeping outside my door as if he was waiting for me to join him. Once, very early in the morning I went outside and saw him sleeping outside my back door. He looked like he was in a deep sleep so I didn't want to bother him, I turned around to walk back to the front door but I must have accidentally made some noise because he woke up and chased after me. So we sat together by the steps of my back door, note that this was very early in the morning. As usual, we just sat next to each other silently. I actually wanted to go back in the house because there was something I needed to do, but I figured I could spare some time. So finally I decided to make my way back, I got up and walked towards my front door. Unfortunately he followed me, so I gave him some fish and he ate it outside.

Sometimes I would hang out with him after classes, and he would end up sleeping on my bag. Sometimes I'd wait till he wakes up to take my bag and other times I don't give him a chance to fall asleep on the bag at all. Passers by always thought he was my pet, they had no idea he was just a friend. My friends and family members thought it kept coming to our house because I gave it food, but that's not true.

There are a lot of moments we spent together that I truly cherish. He visited me one last time around November last year. I had visitors at the time so I only had time to greet him as he sat outside my door. I never saw him again after that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
04-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Im really angry with cats and last time two kittens and their mum gave me a hard time but still,im feeling sad for your big orange friend imsad

Hopefully he will return some day.

Alpha Dude
04-29-2012, 12:21 PM
That is really cute. MashaAllah.

Just like before, we just sat together without saying a word.
It may have been tired that day... that's why he didn't say a word. :skeleton:

FREAK-A-ZOID
04-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I love my cat, animals are great, they know how to cheer you up, im glad we don't understand what they say, they're never able to hurt you, they comfort you in ways humans don't and they become long term companions so quickly. Even when I call him a smelly poop in the morning he still curls up to me as if I just said the best thing ever. Don't worry about the cat, he'll be back for sure and if he doesn't you'll know he's found someone else like you to share his time with.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
04-29-2012, 02:02 PM
:salamext:

It must have come to me instead. I had exactly the same ginger cat come to my door every day and guess what...it stuck around :D

Periwinkle18
04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
awww thts sad i hope he comes back

Hulk
04-29-2012, 05:45 PM
MashaAllah.. I have come to peace with the fact that he is gone.. :statisfie Maybe he was in an accident, or maybe someone adopted him or maybe he has made a new friend like Brother Latif hehe. ;D

It's nice to know you guys have cat friends as well!

Periwinkle18
04-29-2012, 06:01 PM
umm well i don't like cats they scare me at times :p buh kittens r cute :)

Insaanah
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
It's nice to know you guys have cat friends as well!
I have a feline friend too. I am pretty sure he has a busy social diary and gives everyone turns, so to speak.

Reminds me of how Rasoolullah :saws: said that cats are of those that go around amongst humans:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ishaq ibn Abdullah ibn Abi Talha from Humayda bint Abi Ubayda ibn Farwa that her maternal aunt Kabsha bint Kab ibn Malik, who was the wife of the son of Abu Qatada al-Ansari, told her that once Abu Qatada was visiting her and she poured out some water for him to do wudu with. Just then a cat came to drink from it, so he tilted the vessel towards it to let it drink. Kabsha continued, "He saw me looking at him and said, 'Are you surprised, daughter of my brother?' I said, 'Yes.' He replied that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, cats are not impure. They intermingle with you .' "

Yahya said that Malik said, "There is no harm in that unless one sees impurities on the cat's mouth."

(Muwatta Malik, Book 2, Hadeeth 43)

GuestFellow
04-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Salaam,

Meh cockatiels are way bwetter.

Aprender
04-30-2012, 05:11 AM
Awww, what a lovely story.

Anytime I've ever been around cats they bite me and purr... :hmm:

Hulk
04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Anytime I've ever been around cats they bite me and purr.
purring is usually a sign of affection maybe they like playing rough with u;D

chacha_jalebi
04-30-2012, 09:02 PM
aaaaah i love cats :D beautiful post dude!!

'Abd-al Latif
04-30-2012, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
aaaaah i love cats :D beautiful post dude!!
Hey hey! Look who's back from the dead!

chacha_jalebi
04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Hey hey! Look who's back from the dead!
lol how are you everyone has grown up lol!

i came here to look for something, i did post some valuable things :p

alhumdulilla its changed quite a bit :D i feel overwhelmed maybe i should do a re introduction thread :statisfie lol

'Abd-al Latif
04-30-2012, 09:07 PM
lol how are you everyone has grown up lol!

i came here to look for something, i did post some valuable things :p

alhumdulilla its changed quite a bit :D i feel overwhelmed maybe i should do a re introduction thread :statisfie lol
And fortunately you remain the same ol' joker :P

chacha_jalebi
04-30-2012, 09:09 PM
And fortunately you remain the same ol' joker :P
its just my natural charm :D

inshallah il try and be more active, but super moderator....!!! abd al latif! moving up in the world :p

'Abd-al Latif
04-30-2012, 09:21 PM
its just my natural charm :D

inshallah il try and be more active, but super moderator....!!! abd al latif! moving up in the world :p
LOL! I've been super mod for over two years now dude!

Periwinkle18
05-01-2012, 08:50 AM
chacha jalebi's back!!! welcome back akhi :)

Periwinkle18
05-01-2012, 08:50 AM
inshallah il try and be more active, but super moderator....!!! abd al latif! moving up in the world LOL! I've been super mod for over two years now dude!
wow two years MashaAllah

Who Am I?
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Kittens are fine....

.. but then they grow up to become cats. :hmm:

Jedi_Mindset
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Sometimes when i'm alone at home, my dog keeps me company. I know dogs aren't very liked in islam(they're not impure like pigs, but there are some reasons), but still it's always nice to have some company. And atleast it won't make you bored.... :P

Hulk
05-01-2012, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Sometimes when i'm alone at home, my dog keeps me company. I know dogs aren't very liked in islam(they're not impure like pigs, but there are some reasons), but still it's always nice to have some company. And atleast it won't make you bored.... :P
Ah you're a dog person that's nice . They're not coot like cats but that's ok they're still awesome. ;D

TrueStranger
05-01-2012, 11:51 PM
I love animals. We have so many trees near where we live, and there are a lot of birds. We had two woodpeckers that decided to start pecking the side of our house. They eventually drilled a hole. We called the landlord, and he decided to cover the holes up, except the birdy was in there and now the bird is trapped inside!!!!!! Poor birdy is imprisoned in there, imsad.

Today, his/her friend came to the rescue and I have never seen a bird drill a hole so fast. The landlord doesn't seem to care, but I think by tomorrow the woodpecker will rescue his friend. If not, I need to get a ladder.

Hulk
05-02-2012, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
I love animals. We have so many trees near where we live, and there are a lot of birds. We had two woodpeckers that decided to start pecking the side of our house. They eventually drilled a hole. We called the landlord, and he decided to cover the holes up, except the birdy was in there and now the bird is trapped inside!!!!!! Poor birdy is imprisoned in there, .

Today, his/her friend came to the rescue and I have never seen a bird drill a hole so fast. The landlord doesn't seem to care, but I think by tomorrow the woodpecker will rescue his friend. If not, I need to get a ladder.
The poor thing! Why on earth didn't it do anything when your landlord was plastering the holes? Don't forget to check up on it to see if it is ok. MashaAllah may you be rewarded for your good intention and action!

GodIsAll
05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Cats are a lot like people: Some are a whole lot cooler than others!

A really good cat is a rarity and a blessing.

Who Am I?
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Well my dogs are well-known here now I think, and I know about dogs in Islam, but honestly, my dogs kept me sane for many years when I lived alone. Many times they have been my only company.

TrueStranger
05-02-2012, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
The poor thing! Why on earth didn't it do anything when your landlord was plastering the holes? Don't forget to check up on it to see if it is ok. MashaAllah may you be rewarded for your good intention and action!
It was rescued by another bird who drilled a huge hole in one single day, Subhan"Allah. Birds are just too romantic. I checked it this morning and it had it's head outside the hole (my house). I think they laid some of their eggs in there, so they are not going anywhere anytime soon. We have no choice but to let them stay. ;D

It looks like the woodpecker below.

GodIsAll
05-02-2012, 07:30 PM
True Stranger:

That is a Pileated woodpecker. Lovely creatures. Look at the stripe that runs horizontally on its face. If it is red, he is a male. If it is black, she is female.

Yours in woodpeckerness,
GIA

Sunnie Ameena
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Look at the stripe that runs horizontally on its face. If it is red, he is a male. If it is black, she is female.
Thank you for that information, now I know what to look for. We have several different kinds of woodpeckers here on the property, and other than enjoying them, I really don't know anything about them. We have some small ones that are black and white striped and one has a red head and the other black. I am thinking that the red head is the male.

TrueStranger
05-03-2012, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
True Stranger:

That is a Pileated woodpecker. Lovely creatures. Look at the stripe that runs horizontally on its face. If it is red, he is a male. If it is black, she is female.

Yours in woodpeckerness,
GIA
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure which one was the female and which was the male. There are beautiful, except I can't sleep after the morning prayers!!!:exhausted We hanged some shiny objects to scare them away, but it's not working. I did a little research and I found out that "In the spring, woodpeckers also use a rhythmic pecking called "drumming" to establish a territory and attract a mate"

Great, not only did he found a mate, he even rescued her. They are not leaving anytime soon...:heated:

GodIsAll
05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Sunnie:

We have several amazing species of woodpecker in our home state. Pileateds, as mentioned...is yours a male or female, by the way? Flickers, red headeds, downys, sapsuckers, hoarys and nuthatches are all fun. Note how most have, unusually, two toes facing forward and two backwards for standing on the sides of trees. In addition, most species have a large sinus cavity in their skull to absorb the intense battering they give themselves while "pecking" into wood.

If you want to see more, put out a suet feeder...they will come in abundance. They're all hopeless suet addicts.

Ornithologist wanna-bee,
GIA

Hulk
07-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Here is an old picture of him during one of our "hangouts", to protect his identity I have given him Bane's mask in post production (kidding).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!