/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feed a poor once a month ?

Muslim Woman
05-01-2012, 03:46 AM
:sl:

Surat Al-Mā`ūn (The Small Kindesses) - سورة الماعون

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
107:1

Sahih International
Have you seen the one who denies the Recompense?

107:2

Sahih International
For that is the one who drives away the orphan

107:3

Sahih International
And does not encourage the feeding of the poor.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
biz
05-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Is there any organization which is trustful i can send every month? http://www.uwt.org/site/default.asp is a good one..

But id rather give food to an poor or orphan personally.. Is there any orphan or poor to give sadaqah in Makkah/Madina?

Muslim Woman
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
:sl:

U may sponsor a local orphan ?

greenhill
07-23-2014, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
U may sponsor a local orphan
Somehow this idea eluded me.... been thinking how to give back a little to the community in a consistent and affordable manner without being too much or taxing...

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
08-01-2014, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by biz
Is there any orphan or poor to give sadaqah in Makkah/Madina?
There is a misconception among some Muslims that if we give charity in Makkah/Madinah, then we will get higher reward than give charity in other places. But Ulama in my place say, it's not true.

So, it's better if we help poor near us first. Don't ever we help the poor in far place but neglect the poor who live near us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!