/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forgiveness

Al-Wasia
05-06-2012, 03:46 AM
While reading the Qur’an we find that Allah (swt) forgives our sins in the following Ayat.

He is the One that accepts repentance from His Servants and forgives sins: and He knows all that ye do. ( Quran 42:25 )

Further we refer to the Hadith of our beloved Prophet who gave us guidance and told us a du’a known as the Sayyid al-Istighfar the most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah (SWT).

Arabic Du’a

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لا إِلَهَ إِلا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلا

English Tajveed:

‘Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana ‘ala ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’tu, A’udhu bika min Sharri ma sana’tu, abu’u Laka bini’matika ‘alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta.

English Translation:

O’ Allah You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise (to You) as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.

Narrated Shaddad bin Aus:

The Prophet said “The most superior way of asking for forgiveness from Allah is: ‘Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana ‘ala ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’tu, A’udhu bika min Sharri ma sana’tu, abu’u Laka bini’matika ‘alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta.”

The Prophet added. “If somebody recites it during the day with firm faith in it, and dies on the same day before the evening, he will be from the people of Paradise; and if somebody recites it at night with firm faith in it, and dies before the morning, he will be from the people of Paradise.”

Sahih Hadith Volume 8, Book 75, Number 318

We sincerely hope that this helps you in effectively asking for forgiveness from Allah (Swt). Remember us in your prayers.

Jazak’Allah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-06-2012, 08:38 AM
:sl:

may Allah forgive us , Ameen.

Eric H
05-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Al-Wasia;

Thanks for sharing, if we learn to forgive others, we might come to understand in some small way how our God forgives us.

In the spirit of praying for forgiveness.

Eric

Hulk
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
MashaAllah thank you for sharing.

While in Islam it is not compulsory to forgive those who have wronged us it is certainly better option. Most of the time forgiveness is very easy but there are times when the injustice done towards us that makes forgiveness very difficult but it is still the better option. I recall a hadith saying that on the day of Judgment God will forgive a man for his sins because the man forgived those who have wronged him.

Sometimes we are so caught up with wanting justice that we forget about mercy. If I remember correctly on the day of Judgement, we will all want Allah's Mercy. No one is going to be thinking about Justice. SubhanAllah.. only Allah knows what is in our hearts and the things we have done wrong. May we be given strength to repent and leave behind the sins of our past, and if those sins ever catch up, know that the door of repentance is still open and we should not give up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!