/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj for a New Muslim?

MusaA
05-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah brother and sisters!

:) I am a 21-year-old male, and a recent revert to Islam. At my masjid, they told me that I may go on the Hajj whenever I want and do not have to wait (e.g., until I am more well-versed in Islam, can read Arabic better, etc). As this is the only one of the five pillars that I have not fulfilled, I desperately want to go...I don't know when I will be able to. I am a junior in college now, and will probably enter the workforce (first job) soon after.

I looked up how much Hajj/Umrah costs, and it is expensive! My parents, who are of another faith and were not happy with my decision to come out and revert to Islam, would in no way help support me for this. As such, I was wondering if there are any agencies or whatnot to help out people like me. I am not poor by any means alhamdulillah and in fact rather well-off, but it is all my parents' money. Again, they would not help to pay at all. I myself probably have a total of about $900 in my bank account of my own personal money. What should I do?

Thanks for your help! Jazaka Allahu khairan!
Musa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
05-07-2012, 04:08 AM
AsSalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Welcome to the forum brother. I am also a new revert to Islam and I am too seriously wanting to go to Hajj. I have a similar problem with my parents not exactly happy with my decision to become a Muslim. But if you can't afford to go to Hajj then it's not obligatory for you to do so. In shaa Allah soon you will be able to save up enough money to go to Hajj but if you do not have the means to do so right now then you don't have to do it right away.

Go to about 15:16 in the video for a better explanation.
Perhaps some brothers and sisters here can direct you to some links with organizations that might be able to help fund the trips.

May Allah ease everything for you. Ameeeen.

Hulk
05-07-2012, 06:08 AM
May you be rewarded for your intentions and enthusiasm brother. It's good that you are very enthusiastic but don't go too fast or you might burn yourself out.

Maybe what you can concentrate on now is joining some classes to increase your knowledge in Islam, also concentrate on school as part of being a muslim is to do your best at whatever it is you are doing (as long as it is halal). Increasing your knowledge in Islam will inshaAllah strengthen your iman. No doubt there are lots of information online but it's still best to learn with an actual teacher.

By the way I have some friends who say they are jealous of converts because they get to taste some of the "haram" and then get their slate wiped clean. I think my friends overlook the problems a convert has to go through like what you and sister aprender mentioned, family.

mashaAllah!

dqsunday
05-08-2012, 02:45 AM
I too would like to make the Hajj but I am certainly not in a position to do so yet, nor do I even know if its wise for women to go. I certainly don't want to go alone and right now, I don't have anybody reliable to go with, much less the funds. Inshallah, in a few years I will have the means and a reliable companion to with. Not only will travel to Mekka to do the Hajj be a most spiritual fulfilling event, I too will really enjoy seeing the land and country of Muhammad (salallahu alaihi wasalam) and maybe see if I can find any of the desert wildlife. (I do enjoy viewing the many creations of Allah)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amat Allah
05-16-2012, 03:13 AM
Allah knows if this will help but try and check on it in shaa Allah:

http://www.radiantdrops.com/hajj-packages/

Amat Allah
05-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Allah knows if this will help but try and check on it in shaa Allah:

Radiant Drops

Walter D
04-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Books are main hub for educate everyone about any thing. Peoples reading books and enhance their information and correct their mistakes.
The Holy Quran is Islamic respected books which all Muslim follow for guideline in all part of life. After Quran Muslims have Hadith books to make our life according to Prophet Muhammad PBUH advise.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!