/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fadjir?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-11-2012, 05:33 PM
I am mighty curious to just how does one wake themselves up for Fajr Salat? What are the tricks or method to wake yourself up at such awkward times from your sleep? Do you use a alarm that hits you on the head or what not because i know some Muslim somewhere is a dead sleepers like myself who wont wake up during an earthquake (yes that has happened to me). As a Christian prayer is not obligatory like Islam but i must admit i admire the dedication regarding salah and performing Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib . and Ishaa. :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
05-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Its all a matter of getting used to it. If you can wake up via an alarm then set an alarm 10-15 minutes before Fajr so you have time to get up and do Wudu and have a bit of leeway just in case you aren't woken instantly when the alarm sounds. You can also try going to bed earlier. If somebody in your household is more likely to wake up at that time, you can ask them to push you out of bed so you wake up (since you described yourself as a heavy sleeper).

You could always sleep on an uncomfortable bed, which may cause you to wake up more easier. Drink plenty of fluids before going to bed to force yourself to wake up to go potty, hopefully right on time for Fajr. Praying to Allah before you sleep to help you wake up in time for the morning prayer will help as well. In time it will become easier to wake up for Fajr prayer. I am finding it easier myself, though I am a lousy sleeper at night anyway so it was more a matter of timing when I go to bed so my usual 2-3 hour 'cat naps' falls so I wake up in time for Fajr prayer. I then just go back to sleep afterwards. Oddly enough lately I sleep better after doing my prayer.

Inshallah you will be able to train yourself to wake up on time for Fajr prayer.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Greetings of peace ShadowsAndDust,

Well, the morning prayer is a beautiful time to pray, because you hear the birds singing and what not, but it is an amazing feeling glorifying the lord, by sacrificing your precious bed/sleep for the allmighty..It is showing gratitude to our creator, that our Lord has blessed us much, so how can we not sacrifice such a precious time of ours for our creator?

And speaking of prayer, I remember reading in the bible how Jesus (p) worshipped God allmighty.. It is interesting that we muslims wake up for fajr in the dark which is before sunrise..

“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed” (Mark 1:35)

Jesus prayed in a posture and with an attitude of reverent submission - “Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will’” (Matthew 26:39).

You can check this thread out, it has some great tips..

-->http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...e-up-fajr.html <---

~ Sabr ~
05-11-2012, 06:59 PM
The trick is to put an alarm on and place it far away, so you'll have to get up to turn it off. That and making a firm intention to get up in the morning.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Naeema
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't know how other people do it, but my smartphone has an application that reproduces the Adhan (call to prayer) a few minutes before, Insha'Allah. Since the times change with the sun, this makes it easier for me to be on time. I saw a video recently by Nourman Ali Khan where he said the easiest way to wake up for Fajr is to go to bed after Ishaa.

Also, for Fajr, I always remember that "Prayer is better than sleep".

BadOlPuttyTat
05-11-2012, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
If somebody in your household is more likely to wake up at that time, you can ask them to push you out of bed so you wake up (since you described yourself as a heavy sleeper).
Yep my own mother is just that person she wake sup 3 times a night.

You could always sleep on an uncomfortable bed
I sleep on a bed with no springs and only metal railing underneath and ive slept on some pretty hard surfaces in my life time. I am not poor its just i cant stand springs nor pillows and i can sleep witht he sound of illegal racers burning gas in the middle of the night added to the fact the military is sending c17 turbojet planes and Chinook helicopters 24/7 overnight. ive set a 3 minute alarm on and it did nothing, im am the worlds heaviest but lightest sleeper do to the fact i will wake up to any "foreign noise" but i immediately adjust to anything. Did i mention i have a 13 pound dog in my room that crawls over me every night to eat and walk around then has to walk over my stomach to go back in her bed. :hmm: my mother almost called paramedics to wake me up thinking i was dead when i was asleep on the couch, no joke:p.

dqsunday
05-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Hmm, maybe you need to compile a list of 'foreign' sounds and use that as your alarm? Crickets maybe.

But i can see where noise is not something that will typically wake up with all the standard background noise you have grown use to over the years. My biggest problem with falling asleep is my mind won't shut up. It continually goes about its merry way thinking about this and that, making up stories, doing little role playing with itself, even running conversations over that have nothign to do with any 'real' conversations I had during the day. Nothing that I would say is worry or stress related...I just have an active mind and ontop of that, an active imagination. I expect at some point I can just recite the Qur'an while trying to sleep but right now, I just don't know enoug of it to do so...right now the amount of thinking required would keep me fully awake.

The call to prayer app sounds like a good idea. Its not likely to be something you are used to hearing while you sleep so may be just what you need to wake up.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Hmm, maybe you need to compile a list of 'foreign' sounds and use that as your alarm? Crickets maybe.

But i can see where noise is not something that will typically wake up with all the standard background noise you have grown use to over the years. My biggest problem with falling asleep is my mind won't shut up. It continually goes about its merry way thinking about this and that, making up stories, doing little role playing with itself, even running conversations over that have nothign to do with any 'real' conversations I had during the day. Nothing that I would say is worry or stress related...I just have an active mind and ontop of that, an active imagination. I expect at some point I can just recite the Qur'an while trying to sleep but right now, I just don't know enoug of it to do so...right now the amount of thinking required would keep me fully awake.

The call to prayer app sounds like a good idea. Its not likely to be something you are used to hearing while you sleep so may be just what you need to wake up.
So true about the Adhan app although i dont have smartphone nor have any intentions on buying a phone since i dont use one. Although i fill find a way replicate this somehow for once, i really wanna know what is like to wake up for Fajir.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Odd question since it is 4:10AM as I write this and I am roughly 20 mins away from Fajr for my area.
Have any of you stayed awake the entire night and morning for Fajr? If I was stil a practicing Muslim this would have been my first. And do some people really go to bed after Isha to wake for Fajr?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-28-2012, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
Odd question since it is 4:10AM as I write this and I am roughly 20 mins away from Fajr for my area.
Have any of you stayed awake the entire night and morning for Fajr? If I was stil a practicing Muslim this would have been my first. And do some people really go to bed after Isha to wake for Fajr?
Greetings of peace,

Yes, some individuals choose to stay awake the entire night in order to get up for Fajr salaah. However, being up all night does neither mean you sit and waste precious time, but rather spend it wisely i.e. in ibaadah.

And yes, muslims do go bed after Eshaa, sometimes the later you sleep, the harder it can be to get up for the prayer, so it is advised to sleep early, just like it would be for one whose gotta get up for work/school etc etc. But I guess it's a personal choice what one wants to do ..

~ Sabr ~
05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry but I REALLY don't understand you! Why are you even bothered when you "HATE" Islam?!

dysphoricrocker
05-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Salaam.

I do not usually stay awake the whole night, not on the weekdays especially. I usually sleep an hour or two after ishaa and wake up ard 5.30am(fajr timing here is usually between 5.40am to 6am) for fajr. I am a heavy sleeper so i usually get my dad to wake me up (:

BadOlPuttyTat
05-29-2012, 03:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
Salaam.

I do not usually stay awake the whole night, not on the weekdays especially. I usually sleep an hour or two after ishaa and wake up ard 5.30am(fajr timing here is usually between 5.40am to 6am) for fajr. I am a heavy sleeper so i usually get my dad to wake me up (:

What method does he use?
1) yell
2) simple push or tap
3) slap you
4) throw you off the bed
5) hit you with a golf club
6) throw you out the window
7) fire a gun
or 8) all the above :p

MustafaMc
05-29-2012, 04:58 AM
I am mighty curious to just how does one wake themselves up for Fajr Salat?
Very simple, an alarm clock works for me.

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 04:59 AM
Why do you care?

dysphoricrocker
05-29-2012, 05:35 AM
What method does he use?
1) yell
2) simple push or tap
3) slap you
4) throw you off the bed
5) hit you with a golf club
6) throw you out the window
7) fire a gun
or 8) all the above
None brother. He just turns on the light. That'd suffice for me :D

BadOlPuttyTat
05-29-2012, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
None brother. He just turns on the light. That'd suffice for me :D
No jackhammer? Odd, I would at least require a 155-mm cannon to wake me up :p.
And you claim to be a "heavy sleeper" yet wake up at the flick of a light switch. SOMEBODY IS LYIN AND IT AINT ME! ^o)

Qurratul Ayn
05-29-2012, 06:18 AM
I wake up with an alarm on my phone, every morning (nearly every morning) at 6 o'clock :) Unless sunrise is at 6 o'clock or before, then I adjust the alarm accordingly.

There have been times when I've fallen back to sleep, but when I wake up, see that the sun has already risen, I feel so guilty and I cry :cry: and ask for forgiveness to the Almighty.

Peace to y'all

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 07:20 AM
^ How can you wake up at 6am when Sunrise is before 5?!

BadOlPuttyTat
05-29-2012, 07:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
sunrise is at like 5:30 AM here actually. Although Islamic finder says otherwise ^o).

~ Sabr ~
05-29-2012, 07:37 AM
^ 4.50 in London.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-29-2012, 07:49 AM
^ 4.50 in London.
yikes, very early. Just avoid the warm beer and you should be fine :giggling:

Qurratul Ayn
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
Unless sunrise is at 6 o'clock or before, then I adjust the alarm accordingly.
Sorry, my mistake. :)

Hiraislam
07-10-2012, 06:43 AM
When you make a strong niyat to wkae up and offer fajar prayer then you will be automatically wake up when Azan is going on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!