/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explain Rakats

BadOlPuttyTat
05-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Ok i would like to ask what is the basic difference between a 2,3 or 4 rakat salat?
I am under the impression everything is done in pairs of 2, so a 4 rakat salat is basically 2 rakats put together to make 4? So Dhuhr, Isha, and Asr are just double Fajr basically?
All salats end with the Tashahud and blessings to the angels on your sides. That much i know.
When you do any rakats say Surah Fatiha in each one? But when doing rakats 3 or 4 DON'T put another surah after the Fatiha Surah?
I would like a simple breakdown of the differences between 2,3,4 rakat salats. I dont want the prayers, I just want to know the order of things to do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
05-20-2012, 10:37 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust
I am under the impression everything is done in pairs of 2, so a 4 rakat salat is basically 2 rakats put together to make 4?
Yes, but with a sitting of tashahhud after the first two rakaats, no salaams on either side, then carry straight on with the next one or two rakaats.

format_quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust
When you do any rakats say Surah Fatiha in each one? But when doing rakats 3 or 4 DON'T put another surah after the Fatiha Surah?
Yes, rakaats one and two must have another surah after Surah al-Fatiha, but not rakaats three or four, which are Surah al-Fatiha only.

syed1
05-20-2012, 03:27 PM
lets this give this brother full information:

you only read surah fatiah in the 3rd and 4th rakat if it is a FARD salat (obligatory) but if it is a sunnat you read a sura fatiah in each rakat followd by a surah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!