/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Istikhara salat and predestiny

MysticSoumeya
05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Salam to all of you,

There's something that's been intiguing me. We do the Istikhara prayer so that Allah guides us to what is good to our life and faith and turns away what is harmful from our path. But what I don't understand is by doing this prayer, are we changing what's written for us? I thought that Allah has written all of our deeds before our birth. In this way, how is the Istikhara going to operate?

I beg your pardon if my question seems stupid.

Plkease enlighten me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
05-19-2012, 08:33 PM
We also do dua and our duas are accepted. We are encouraged to do dua. dua is a form of worship and the one who doesn't ask Allah (make dua) is proud and not liked by Allah.

How many times did you do dua and then got what you asked for?

still there is predestiny. it is the mysteries of life that our small minds don't understand.

just believe in predestiny as it is supposed to be believed in (it is one of the pillars of faith). and continue to do dua and do istikhara and know that both work. and don't wonder how it is. that's my advice concerning this.

MysticSoumeya
05-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the answer. I know that one just has to follow Allah's directions for he knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!