/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a Muslim

BadOlPuttyTat
05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I must now say that finally salah is feeling special. Now that i am memorizing things and the estimated times, actions etc I am able to focus less on the cheat sheet and feeling a connection with Allah :statisfie . Lets face it reading off a paper never feels special. I can remember everything almost except the Al Fatiha surah and the various other surah lol. I just want to thank everybody for their encouragement(and unencouragement ^o)) for pushing me to being a better Muslim :statisfie .
So i thank you my fellow Muslims,Muslimahs, brothers, sisters, weirdos and and special thanks to atheists and irreligious people worldwide for showing me there is a god and his name is Allah. Muhammad(pbuh) is Allah's messenger and i can't say it enough or clarify anymore than that.

as salamu alaikum people :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
05-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Wa alaykum salam!

Alhamdulillah.. It's good to know that you are making progress :statisfie. Believe it or not, it is going to be a long journey InshaAllah. Even for those of us who know it by heart, we still have to strive for perfection in our Salahs. The movements and recitations is important but so is the state of our heart :)

We should all be striving for Ihsan.

I believe there is a Hadith that describes Ihsan as "To worship Allah as if you see Him, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that He is seeing you."

dqsunday
05-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Congratulations Brother FreakoffaLeash. I knew once you had patience you will memorize the Salat and no longer need the cheatsheets. I don't use mine anymore but you are still ahead of me as you memorized nearly everything in Arabic. You are doing well and now that you can focus more on Allah when you pray instead of reading off the paper you will get so much more from your prayers.

Have to say here, very interesting when the shadows fade and the dust is blown away, we see a freak off his leash *grin* I like to think the 'leash' of your new name is the tether that kept you away from the truth of Islam. as for the 'Freak' part, Allah made us all unique and one person's 'freak' is another's greatest treasure. :)

BadOlPuttyTat
05-23-2012, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Congratulations Brother FreakoffaLeash. I knew once you had patience you will memorize the Salat and no longer need the cheatsheets. I don't use mine anymore but you are still ahead of me as you memorized nearly everything in Arabic. You are doing well and now that you can focus more on Allah when you pray instead of reading off the paper you will get so much more from your prayers.

Have to say here, very interesting when the shadows fade and the dust is blown away, we see a freak off his leash *grin* I like to think the 'leash' of your new name is the tether that kept you away from the truth of Islam. as for the 'Freak' part, Allah made us all unique and one person's 'freak' is another's greatest treasure. :)
funny you actually described my new name. I chose my name for a specific reason. Freak of a leash is a slang term referring to a person/animal/monster being free and having freedom. We are freaks for desiring to be restricted(leashed), just like a dog trying to bite through its leash its what i do everyday. :p , so the name seemed fitting considering my new found attitude.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
05-23-2012, 09:30 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
I must now say that finally salah is feeling special. Now that i am memorizing things and the estimated times, actions etc I am able to focus less on the cheat sheet and feeling a connection with Allah .
Subhan'Allaah! That's brilliant.

Lets face it reading off a paper never feels special.
True, true, true but sometimes it has to be done.

I can remember everything almost except the Al Fatiha surah and the various other surah lol.
Masha'Allaah, once a human's mind is set on a goal, there is no stopping the journey to reach it!!!

Be proud of yourself, you've done really well.

May Allaah help and guide us all on the straight and true path :)

:salamext:

~ Sabr ~
05-24-2012, 07:11 AM
:wasalamex

Alhamdulillaah.

May Allaah continue to guide you until death, Ameen.

dysphoricrocker
05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Allahuakhbar.

I am so happy for you brother. So happy!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!