/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am trying to drink more Water since I am on a diet should I only drink Water ?

truthseeker63
05-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Iced Water is my favorite drink I am trying to drink more Water since I am on a diet should I only drink Water ? My question is is Drinking Water better for one's health then diet soda ? Is diet soda still bad to drink ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_water

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
05-25-2012, 04:37 AM
Water is good for you. Stay with that.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 04:58 AM
Diet soda has aspartame which is a sweetner used for poisons because of its toxic effects. Regular soda is better for you. But try drinking teas like I do. I drink green tea everyday. Green tea if its good or is of high quality Ceylon leaves will cut your appetite for 4 hours. I wake up at 8 AM and dont eat till around 12:30 PM. 1 cup of green tea cuts your diet and is good for your teeth also, i rarely brush yet have never had a toothache or have tooth decay or any tooth issue at all. And I have surprisingly clean teeth :p . Water and green tea is something you cannot beat and also try things such as coffee which can cut your appetite but can make you dump chocolate babies like there is no tomorrow. Stick with mild sweet teas and water. I eat 6 meals a day almost, thing is they are very small and I NEVER eat till I am full. I have the diet of an elderly person :exhausted . Bobody my age drinks green,cinnamon,Ceylon,black,pekoe and herbal teas like me, and I forget to mention Hibiscus and rose hips :p

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 05:50 AM
drinking water is far better than diet soda, thats definitely true. Herbal teas like Brother FreakoffaLeash recommends is good too. But there is also such a thing as drinking too much water or tea so keep that in mind. With any good balanced diet especialy one to lose weight you need portion control and exercise.

Its better to do a lifestyle change than just a 'diet' change. Its also good to lose weight slower than losing it fast. Be aware of what is in food and know that many 'diet' products may not be quite what they seem. 'no sugar added' products don't always mean low calorie. Often they just add other kinds of 'sugars' instead of your typical 'cane sugar' such as glucose or fructose. Pretty much anything that ends in 'ose' is a sugar.

Its fine to treat yourself for reaching a weekly or even monthly goal but instead of going out for that high fat/calorie combo meal at your favorite fast food restaurant, try something more balanced. A couple of low calorie cookies or an individually wrapped 'mini' chocolate bar works instead.

Oh speaking of fast food places, be careful with salads from them, often the additional things added to the salad can realy hike up the calories and fat (and salt). These days all restaurants have their nutrition list of their foods on their websites. Its good to familiarize yourself with them and see how most really don't have anything super low calorie. Sometimes the lowest calorie stuff is just the coffee or tea.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BadOlPuttyTat
05-25-2012, 05:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Its better to do a lifestyle change than just a 'diet' change. Its also good to lose weight slower than losing it fast. Be aware of what is in food and know that many 'diet' products may not be quite what they seem. 'no sugar added' products don't always mean low calorie. Often they just add other kinds of 'sugars' instead of your typical 'cane sugar' such as glucose or fructose. Pretty much anything that ends in 'ose' is a sugar.
Couldnt agree more. My sis went on a crash diet back when I was around 7 years old. We were in a parking lot at a Target store then she had to call medical help from the nearby hospital because she was passing out. I laughed so hard for her because I still don't understand how a person can voluntarily starve themselves, makes no sense ^o) .

dqsunday
05-25-2012, 06:19 AM
I was worried about Ramahdan the first time I heard of it while researching Islam...When I heard Muslims fast for an entire month (even if only 28 days or so, being lunar months) I was worried that it will be a full 28 days of no food at all and just maybe water. I was very pleased to learn we can eat after sunset and drink. It will be a challenge to not drink or eat anything during daylight but knowing I can eat in the evening will make it easier to do. It will still be difficult but not as bad as I thought.

Starvation diets definitely are not the way to go..body actually burn far less fat in the same period of time than it would with just a reduced calorie diet. I hope your sister learned her lesson and diets in a more healthy way.

Hulk
05-25-2012, 07:26 AM
What is iced water? Is it water with ice? I would drink that.

If you would like to lose weight the best way is to start doing a calorie deficit diet. Calculate how much calories your body burns in a day of doing nothing and then eat less that amount of calories. You will eventually lose weight.

Eat more healthy food!

Also cardio exercises are good, then there is weight training to build muscles. Fats store energy whereas Muscles burn them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!