/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed!

Endymion
05-27-2012, 11:10 AM
:sl: Respected brothers and sisters.

I need your advice for my little brother.He is a Civil engineer,currently working in a mobile company on a handsome salary.He wants to do MS from abroad and this salary is not enough to pay his university fees.He needs to wait too long to collect money.He decided to move to UAE in search of job where my cousin will help him regarding transport and living but he can't find a job for him because he belongs to some other field and my bro have to do it all by himself.My cousin asked him to come before or after Ramadhan.The problem is that,my parents wants him to take leave from his current job and go there while his company only grant him a week leave.He decided to resign because this job doesn't belong to his field and he is also not feeling comfortable over there.(He is working as a site engineer).But my parents and other people refused this idea coz if he won't find job over there,he will loose this one as well.My brother is confused what to do.Whether to go to Dubai and resign from this job or to take a leave of 1 week and look for the job.

He asked me to perform Istikhara salat for him and i have been doing this for two days but still i haven't get any clue.I need you people to advice him and pray for him as well.He is very dear to me and im worried about him.

Thanks in advance :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-27-2012, 11:58 AM
:wa: sister,

Insha'Allaah ask your brother to also perform Istikharah and then consider which option seems the best. We will make du'as for your brother also Insha'Alaah.

What would be the advantage of doing the MS (I assume this a Master's degree?) That seems to be the ultimate aim here, to get a job to support the MS. I can understand your parents' concerns that he might lose something good he already has, so he must consider whether it really is worth the risk.

May Allaah (swt) guide him to the best decision which will be better for his dunya and most importantly the akhirah, Aameen.

Abu Zainab
05-27-2012, 12:09 PM
If I were him I would look for the best university in the city and see if they offer evening classes - or if not - negotiate with my company to attend few hours a week (even if it means getting a salary cut) of regular classes. This way I would get to live with my parents, keep my job and get the masters degree I want.

But here I am thinking like a mature grown up man. I know things would have been different if were a hot blooded young man who has many attractive options in front of him. May Allaah grant him success in whatever he chooses to do and make him a pious and devoted Muslim at the same time.

Endymion
05-27-2012, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:wa: sister,

Insha'Allaah ask your brother to also perform Istikharah and then consider which option seems the best. We will make du'as for your brother also Insha'Alaah.

What would be the advantage of doing the MS (I assume this a Master's degree?) That seems to be the ultimate aim here, to get a job to support the MS. I can understand your parents' concerns that he might lose something good he already has, so he must consider whether it really is worth the risk.

May Allaah (swt) guide him to the best decision which will be better for his dunya and most importantly the akhirah, Aameen.
I asked him and he did it before for something else but he told me he always feel content on whatever he already has in mind and what he likes to do.Thats the thing which make him confused if he is doing the right thing or not.

Yes,MS is Master's degree and very important to get a good job in this field.

Jazakallahu khyran for the doaa.Something i wanted from the depth of my heart.May Allah SWT reward you with best.Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
If I were him I would look for the best university in the city and see if they offer evening classes - or if not - negotiate with my company to attend few hours a week (even if it means getting a salary cut) of regular classes. This way I would get to live with my parents, keep my job and get the masters degree I want.

But here I am thinking like a mature grown up man. I know things would have been different if were a hot blooded young man who has many attractive options in front of him. May Allaah grant him success in whatever he chooses to do and make him a pious and devoted Muslim at the same time.
Thats what he also wanted to do but unfortunately,his job doesn't support the idea.After every week they send him outside the city for two or more weeks.It is almost impossible for him to manage his studies and work togather.

Ameen to the beautiful doaa :statisfie
May Allah SWT bless you with same and more.Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 02:03 PM
:wasalamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I asked him and he did it before for something else but he told me he always feel content on whatever he already has in mind and what he likes to do.Thats the thing which make him confused if he is doing the right thing or not.
That's the thing, my dear Sister Endymion ( I don't like seeing you distressed imsad), we don't always know if the things we are doing or will do is the right thing or not. Only in the future, when we look back, we see what has happend and form a judgement on it...

If he feels content with his decision, he should follow through, he should speak to your parents, explain all the reasons, and ask them to support his decision and to make Du'a for him (they will do anyway, but still, asking is good, I do to my Mother :))

Just pray to Allaah, and wait and see what will happen, sometimes it takes time for things to be put into place. Remember whatever Allaah does, Allaah always does it for the best.

Will be making Du'a too :)

Take care, my dear

:salamext:

Hamza Asadullah
05-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I would always advise people never to leave a job unless one has 100% confirmation of another job first. Although an Ms "may" help him to get a better job this is still not guaranteed. It is far better in my opinion for him to continue as he is in gaining the vital experience which he is gaining and at the sometimes try to progress in his organisation or at least apply for other jobs whilst he is in this job and not leave this job regardless because he can always do Ms at a later stage and it maybe that an organisation may pay for such a course on his behalf like many organisations do.

The main thing is for him to ask of Allah sincerely especially in the latter part of the night at Tahajjud time to do what is best for him.

May Allah do what is best for him. Ameen

Muhaba
05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
he can try registering with uae job search agencies like bac-me.com and jobs-me.com , etc. your cousin can send him other website addys which are advertised in gulfnews classifieds, the dubai newspaper.

he can also search for uae companies and apply on their websites if they have vacancies announced. in this way, he might be able to get a job before he goes there. i'm not sure how successful he will be but he can give it a try.

Endymion
05-31-2012, 05:28 PM
:sl: sister :statisfie

Jazakallahu khyran for the advice.He is already searching for job in gulf news advertisments.I'll forward these two to him you have mentioned Inshallah.

Please keep him in your doaa :statisfie

AabiruSabeel
05-31-2012, 07:16 PM
:wa:

Most of the universities in Saudi Arabia offer full scholarship for MS and PhD students. He can apply at KFUPM, KAUST or KAU. There are other universities as well.

At KFUPM and KAUST, the requirement is TOEFL and GRE, along with very good GPA in Bachelors degree. You can check the dates for application on these links:
http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/main/deadlines.asp
http://www.kaust.edu.sa/

At KAU, the requirement is only TOEFL so it is easier to get the admission there, but the deadline for application was 28 February. He can apply next year when the admissions open.

tigerkhan
06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
it doesnot seems good idea to go for MS on cost of leaving current job. according to my understanding only 5% of engineering jobs require MS degree otherwise BS is enough. in engineering what count is ur expereince. i am wondering if he is engineer he had to realize this.
anyway everyone has diffrent circumtances, but if u think i can talk to him, maybe it will be useful. how much experience he has as civil site engineer?

Endymion
06-01-2012, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Most of the universities in Saudi Arabia offer full scholarship for MS and PhD students. He can apply at KFUPM, KAUST or KAU. There are other universities as well.

At KFUPM and KAUST, the requirement is TOEFL and GRE, along with very good GPA in Bachelors degree. You can check the dates for application on these links:
http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/main/deadlines.asp
http://www.kaust.edu.sa/

At KAU, the requirement is only TOEFL so it is easier to get the admission there, but the deadline for application was 28 February. He can apply next year when the admissions open.

Jazakallahu khyran for the info.KAU will be better for him.I'll ask him to look into it.

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
it doesnot seems good idea to go for MS on cost of leaving current job. according to my understanding only 5% of engineering jobs require MS degree otherwise BS is enough. in engineering what count is ur expereince. i am wondering if he is engineer he had to realize this.
anyway everyone has diffrent circumtances, but if u think i can talk to him, maybe it will be useful. how much experience he has as civil site engineer?
I don't know much about it,will ask him when he will return in the evening Inshallah.He got his degree in December 2010 and he has been working with this company for about a year.

tigerkhan
06-01-2012, 01:48 PM
:sl:
hmm since he is new in career, so mostly ppl feel some un security and so they think going for MS or etc might help them. also sometime ppl have big dreams b4 starting career and in start they dont easily get satisfied with their job.
anyway if he got scholarship in gulf countries, maybe it will be better option, but to leave job and go for MS will not much valuable.

Endymion
06-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Okay,i asked him.He told me MS is necessary for management post.Also,he is not leaving this job neither going to UAE right now.He will stay in this job and wait till Eidul Fitar.

Please keep him in your doaa.He is a little disappointed these days imsad

marwen
06-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I don't know too much about work in th gulf, but I'm sure If he puts his trust on Allah, have patience and have confidence, Allah will surely make a way for him.

May Allah grant our brother what's best for him in dunya and aakhera.

tigerkhan
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Okay,i asked him.He told me MS is necessary for management post.Also,he is not leaving this job neither going to UAE right now.He will stay in this job and wait till Eidul Fitar.

Please keep him in your doaa.He is a little disappointed these days
asalamolikum
wow its amazing he has a sister like endy and still he is disappointed. ask him to trust Allah SWT as he is raziq. MS for management position is engineering is master in engineering management but i duno y he is worried for it bcz it need atleast 2 years exp to enroll in the course. also he can do certification which is most popular now a day, ie PMP (Project management professional) but stills its good for engineers with extensive exp.
so i am amusing endy is worried about him and she had made him bit disappointed... endy need to support him and ask him to relax, be confident, content and thankful to Allah SWT for His blessing. i am sure he will have very successful career insh...dont worry about it.

Endymion
06-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Jazakallahu khyran for your kind words brother.May Allah SWT reward you with the best of Dunyah and Aakhirah.Ameen.

He told me that 2 years experience is required for MBA but he never heard 2 years experience is required for MS.May be you are talking about some University where such things are required.He got his degree from NED.

I never make him disappointed :embarrass I keep on encouraging him but he is disappointed because his current job is not related to his field.Also,you have an idea about the situation here :hmm:

I'm hopeful as he has always been a lucky child Mashallah :statisfie And i can see that you people are also praying for him.Inshallah good will happen.
Thanks again for your kind words brother :statisfie

Hamza Asadullah
06-02-2012, 05:23 PM

My sister firstly you should make him aware that he should count himself lucky that he has a job in the first place as many people with Masters degrees are signed on to job centres trying to find work and as so many graduates are stocking supermarket shelves because they can't find work (not that there's anything wrong with stacking shelves but you get my point).

Secondly you should make him aware that what we may think is best for us may not always turn out the way we want it to. For Allah may have something else planned for us which may take us in another direction. So the best he and all of us can do in EVERY aspect of our lives is to :

1. Make utmost effort

2. Make Sincere Dua

The rest we should leave to Allah and entrust all of our affairs unto him. For he will certainly do what is best for us even if we may not think it at the time.

tigerkhan
06-03-2012, 09:44 AM
ya i understand experience of civil engineer, working with telecom sector is not of much value but its relevant. at least he has a job,so as brother Hamza said try ur best and be thankful to God for what u have.

Endymion
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Yes indeed,i get your point.I can't forget he was searching for job after completing his degree and after 5 months of search and hard work,he got this job.He is not being ungrateful but just a little disappointed because his boss is a little irritating in spite of he is a hard worker and honest and they admit it several times.

Now,he is trying to excel in his field.He has joined a course.I'm extremely hopeful to Allah SWT that whatever will happen,will be for his good Inshallah :statisfie

I'm very gratefulfor your support and advices.Jazakallahu khyran.Please continue to make doaa for him :statisfie

Snowflake
06-06-2012, 04:09 AM
The words in this supplication 'Do not leave me to myself even for the blinking of an eye' are so full of humility it makes you cry. Insha Allah pass this dua to your bro ukhti. May Allah accept it from us and him. Ameen.

Allaahumma rahmataka 'arjoo falaa takilnee 'ilaa nafsee tarfata 'aynin, wa 'aslih lee sha'nee kullahu, laa'ilaaha 'illaa 'Anta. O Allah , I hope for Your mercy . Do not leave me to myself even for the blinking of an eye (i.e. a moment) . Correct all of my affairs for me . There is none worthy of worship but You.
Reference: Abu Dawud 4/324, Ahmad 5/42. Al-Albani graded it as good in Sahih Abu Dawud 3/959.

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal . O Allah , I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others) .

Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/158. See also Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/173.

This is a good one against his boss insha Allah : )

Endymion
06-30-2012, 11:20 AM

My brother get promotion and really handsome increment Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Aalameen :statisfie He is so Happy Mashallah.Jazakallahu khyran for all your doaa's.May Allah swt reward you all abundantly.Ameen.

Qurratul Ayn
06-30-2012, 12:48 PM
^ Subhan'Allaah!!!

Well done and congratulations to your brother!!!

Endymion
06-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Jazakallahu Khyran :) It applies from January 2012 so h will get increments for past 6 months as well Inshallah :statisfie

Please pray that Allah swt make him steadfast in the Deeyn,keep him safe from all evils and bless him with success in both dunyah wa aakhirah.Ameen.He is still like a baby to me i love him so much :statisfie

marwen
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Alhamdulillah ! Praise only for Allah.
MashaAllah good news for our brother. May Allah give him more success in his career and in his life.

tigerkhan
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Please pray that Allah swt make him steadfast in the Deeyn,keep him safe from all evils and bless him with success in both dunyah wa aakhirah.Ameen.He is still like a baby to me i love him so much
ameen to all dua n congrats..!!! u c what i said b4, he need not to worried.

Hamza Asadullah
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Jazakallahu Khyran :) It applies from January 2012 so h will get increments for past 6 months as well Inshallah :statisfie

Please pray that Allah swt make him steadfast in the Deeyn,keep him safe from all evils and bless him with success in both dunyah wa aakhirah.Ameen.He is still like a baby to me i love him so much :statisfie
Asalaamu Alaikum, mashallah again proof that Allah does whatever is best for a person, even if it is not in the way they thought it would be. So let us praise Allah always and know that he will always do ehat is best for us and not necesserily in the way we think as he will open other doors for us that we never thought possible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!