/* */

PDA

View Full Version : grey/silver hair

biz
05-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Salam. Does anyone have an idea on how to prevent or 'cure' grey hair?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
:salamext:

Our Prophet Muhammad :saws: had grey hair and beard. :)

Don't fret or worry, it's natural, it's what Allaah has given you.

:salamext:

~ Sabr ~
05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
LOL.....bless.....this thread is too funny.

dqsunday
05-28-2012, 08:53 PM
I think grey hairs in a man gives them quite the distinguished look.

My father started going bald when he was in his late teens, so there are worst fates.

If you really want to cover your grey, you can always were what the Arabian men wear...the lose cloth that falls along the sides of the head, the Shora/Smagh. Or the small knit cap things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
05-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Just accept who you are and how you look. I imagine you look quite distinguished. :)
Why would you want to be any different?

biz
05-28-2012, 09:12 PM
If u think this thread is lol'ed or funny then i think u can beg admin to del it... and yes i get stressed out

glo
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't think there is a cure for grey hair other than dying it.

I am determined not to dye my hair and to go grey gracefully. But then I am 45 and I can understand that - being only in your 20s - it might bother you.

Still, try to love and accept yourself as you are. Allah does. He made you as you are!

Scimitar
05-29-2012, 02:44 PM
grey hairs are fine... its when you have greys in your beard in your thirties that you start to consider all sorts... (enter facepalm here)

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Yo can color your hair. :hmm:

Periwinkle18
05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
yeah u cn get ur hair dyed i guess thts the only way...

Hulk
06-01-2012, 01:34 AM
I never clicked this thread as I assumed someone had already said it. Silly me huh..

The Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Grey hair is the light of a Muslim (on the Day of Resurrection). No Muslim turns grey in Islam but for every grey hair he will receive one reward and his status will be raised by one degree .”

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 06:21 AM
^ What if you colour it or pull it out?

Snowflake
06-01-2012, 08:09 AM
I doubt it's of any consolation to tell a 22 year old that the Prophet (PBUH) had grey hairs. Rasulullah was most likely to be middle-aged or past when he only had a sprinkling of them. Some hadith say 14, 17, 20. There is a disagreement. Or the hairs were simply counted in different periods.

Brother Biz, first consult an ayurvedic doctor as there is a reason why your hair's turning grey at this age and ayurvedic medicines treat the cause as well as the symptoms. I don't know if the greying can be totally reversed, but with the right treatment it can be stopped. Success depends on the patient too. In ayurvedic/holistic systems avoiding harmful things is vital to the success of the treatment. In the mean time if you really can't hack it, dye it with henna and indigo, but please do not use chemical hair dyes. They are toxic (contain parabens and other nasties) and have been linked cancer of the bladder. Imagine if they reach your bladder what they must be doing to your brain. If you need any kind of help/advice, please let me know insha Allah.

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Just colour it, end of. People need to stop making a big deal out of little things!

Snowflake
06-01-2012, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Just colour it, end of. People need to stop making a big deal out of little things!
Why is it end of? Colouring is just masking the problem. There could be an underlying cause for it. Grey hair is not a disease but it can be a symptom of something else that's wrong. It is a big deal for the person who's going through it.

sister herb
06-01-2012, 10:07 AM
It also might be hereditary matter. Ask your relatives has any other have had same in your family. One my friend had totally grey hairs when he was less than 30 as like many others of his family has had. Not sure of course in your case but if it bother you a lot, you could go to ask doctor any reason for it.

Who Am I?
06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
:sl:

My father started greying in his early 40's. I am now 36, so in a few years I too will probably start to greying. I already have found a few white hairs on my chest. Only a matter of time before the head hair follows.

When I was a teenager, people used to tell me I would be bald before I was 30, because my hairline is freakishly unnaturally high. But my father has the same hairline, and he still has all of his hair.

So I might have grey hair, but I will have all of it...

Scimitar
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
Yo can color your hair. :hmm:
...or, you can use hair oil, to hide the grays and give your hair some life :)

I find that olive oil actually works wonders for hair, when mixed with some black seed oil and castor oil.

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
I already have found a few white hairs on my chest. Only a matter of time before the head hair follows.
I went the other way round... head hair, followed by beard hair, followed by chest hair. Weird eh?

I remember seeing orangey ginger hairs in my beard in my early twenties. They are now white.

Scimi

Muezzin
06-02-2012, 08:32 PM
You're not actually allowed to use hair dye as such. You are allowed to use henna, but I'm not sure if you want to become ginger.

glo
06-02-2012, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You're not actually allowed to use hair dye as such. You are allowed to use henna, but I'm not sure if you want to become ginger.
What about black henna?

Who Am I?
06-02-2012, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

I went the other way round... head hair, followed by beard hair, followed by chest hair. Weird eh?

I remember seeing orangey ginger hairs in my beard in my early twenties. They are now white.

Scimi
Hmm... I had red hair when I was born, then it was blonde, and now it is brown. Sometimes it still looks reddish in the right lighting conditions. My beard is a bit darker than the rest of my hair. So I guess that means it will be darker white eventually... :p

Muezzin
06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What about black henna?
I've never heard of that. Google says it's dangerous and can cause severe allergic reactions, blistering and scarring.

Scimitar
06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Henna... it'll dye half your face too. You'll end up looking like Mikael Gorbachev (whatever his name was).

Scimi

Periwinkle18
06-03-2012, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What about black henna?
its got lots of chemicals its not good at all n plus we're not allowed to dye our hair full black rite??

GodIsAll
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
I'm 45 and getting quite gray, temples especially. But!...

The other day I had two huge forehead pimples as well.

Gray hair AND acne simultaneously?

That ain't right.

Scimitar
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll

That ain't right.
... you mean to say they are actually baby horns? :D kidding, you're right - that aint right! (get married bro)

Scimi

glo
06-03-2012, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I've never heard of that. Google says it's dangerous and can cause severe allergic reactions, blistering and scarring.
Indigo is another natural dye, which is extracted from a plant and (on it's own) dyes blue. By adding it in varying amounts to henna, you can achieve a variety of colours from brown to jet black.

Who Am I?
06-03-2012, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll

That ain't right.
I know what you mean. I still get zits and I am 36. I thought I would be done with acne when I got out of puberty.... apparently not.

peace_maker
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
It's not a little thing. Having grey hair at 20s isn't really normal, there could be a deficiency of vitamins or minerals, or even worse. It's good to sort it out before the problem grows.

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Henna... it'll dye half your face too. You'll end up looking like Mikael Gorbachev (whatever his name was).
Not really. My mom dyes her hair with henna and none of that sort happens unless you don't apply it carefully. And besides, it gives a lovely brown shade between the black streaks.

peace_maker
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by biz
Salam. Does anyone have an idea on how to prevent or 'cure' grey hair? Im 22 years old and i get grey hairs on the left side of head, and it comes in waves im afraid in 3 years ill be fully grey haired.. why is it coming????
For me, grey hair started at the age of 14/15. And that's not it, every one of my siblings have atleast 1 grey hair; and my mom's hair also started greying at 30s, just like grandma. So, I guess, for me, it's heredity. You should look into your family too.

Snowflake
06-04-2012, 10:39 PM
We've been fooled. There's no such thing as black henna. Glo is right. There is indigo (also a plant like henna) which is mixed with henna to change the orangey shade. Indigo (katam in arabic) on its own is black and but we are not allowed to dye hair black. But it is perfect mixed with henna to make it auburn/brown/dark brown etc.

The fact that it is permissible to dye the hair red and yellow was narrated by Abu Dawood (4211) from Ibn ‘Abbaas who said: A man who had dyed his hair with henna passed by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said: “How handsome this is.” Then another who had dyed his hair with henna and katam passed by and he said, “This is more handsome.” Then another who had dyed his hair yellow passed by and he said: “This one is more handsome than all the others.” The comments in this hadeeth had to do with changing grey hairs to another colour, not to dyeing the hair in all cases even if it is not grey. (Al-Albaani said concerning this hadeeth in Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh: it is jayyid (good).
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/45191

However some points to consider are that dying the hair is not an easy option. Anyone who has changed their hair colour will tell you that you will have to touch up the roots every 4-6 weeks. Not easy. Henna applications are really messy and the mixture has to remain on your hair for hours. Sometimes overnight while your head is wrapped up in a plastic bag/cling film. I'm a woman and even I'm not that vain to put up with that. So I can't imagine a young guy doing that every 4-6 weeks. Hence why I still recommend you look to get the cause treated. I previously forgot to recommend Hijamah. There's nothing better to improve the circulation and remove blockages to your head.

yasirslm
06-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Don't color your hairs......shave your head completely...and keep shaving as it grows...^o)

Abu Zainab
06-11-2012, 08:52 AM
I have the same problem. I have a lot of white hair in my beard. I think this is because of some mineral deficiency.

I found some natural cures here: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_gray.html

A lot of people are talking about blackstrap molasses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstrap_molasses). So I bought some from a health store and started to use it in my tea and coffee instead of sugar.They say it takes about 5-6 months to notice some effect. I really hope this will work.

Here is another natural remedy (ayurvedic): Cook some curry leaves in coconut oil until they turn dark black. Filter the oil and apply everyday on the hair. Use a very mild shampoo to wash it off.

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
It's not a little thing. Having grey hair at 20s isn't really normal,
You obviously haven't seen a lot of people with white hair at a young age then.

ژاله
06-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I hope my post doesnt come out as extremely strange :|
My mother's hair had started greying at a very young age. By 9, almost half her hair was grey. She once told me how depressed she was in her early teens. She doesn't remember praying for anything other than her hair at that time in her life. And guess what, her prayers were answered. A relative hakeem (traditional hearbalist) prescribed her the following to massage her scalp with:
coconut oil, 3/4 by weight
castor oil, 1/4 by weight
and some sandal-e-surkh (sorry don't know what it is called in english, its an urdu word by the way)
Results: within 6 months, greying was beginning to reverse, and within a few years, she had brown unusually thick knee length hair.
You might want to try that. Good luck!
p.s. I really wish we could be a little more sensitive to other people. If something is not an issue for us, doesn't mean it is so for everyone.

biz
06-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Many tips and advices Thank you. But still im confused which tips i shud follow, maybe il buy black seed oil and massage my hear with it every day

Snowflake
06-12-2012, 03:28 PM
:sl: Bro,

All the options can be pretty confusing. So I was wondering if you're ok the UK. We are blessed to have Hakeem here in Birmingham, and masha Allah I've personally benefitted from his meds. People come from all over the UK to see him. Would you like to give me you his details if you're able to visit him. Be prepared to have a long wait though. The consultation takes time and is free. But there is a donations box on his desk if you wish to pay him for his time. (You should). You will be charged for the medicines however (if any). But these aren't too expensive.

P.S. I recommend you still have Hijamah regardless of which other remedy you choose for your greying hair.

peace_maker
06-13-2012, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
Cook some curry leaves in coconut oil until they turn dark black. Filter the oil and apply everyday on the hair. Use a very mild shampoo to wash it off.
Awww, I remember doing that... and it smells awfull. And yet it didn't work for me. :hmm:

You obviously haven't seen a lot of people with white hair at a young age then.
Actually, I have. I'm not saying that it could always be a deficiency, sometimes, it could be genetics, too.

format_quote Originally Posted by violette
within 6 months, greying was beginning to reverse, and within a few years, she had brown unusually thick knee length hair.
Wow, mashaallah! Really? It regained color? I heard that grey hair can never be turned back to it's original form. Even the doc told me that. You don't know how happy this makes me. :statisfie

p.s. I really wish we could be a little more sensitive to other people. If something is not an issue for us, doesn't mean it is so for everyone.
Agree.

ژاله
06-14-2012, 05:09 PM
:sl: sis!
greying wasn't reversed in the sense that the part of the hair that was white turned back to black, but like you have white strands but the new hair that comes out of the roots is black, so once black part is of reasonable length, you cut off the white part.:)

Muhaba
06-14-2012, 05:28 PM
ugh there are too many problems in the world: some ppl have facial hair, others have grey hair, others have acne, others are too tall, others too short, others are dark skinned , others have too pale skin, it is a miserable world!

shhhhhhhhh. just get some hair color or henna and color the hair, but make sure it is halal. some hair color cover the hair with a film coating, which keeps the hair from getting wet. so find out before you use it so you don't use anthing that will nullify your wudu or ghusl (bath).

henna is a good permanent color, i read that Abu Bakr As-siddiq (R) used henna to color his beard.

Muhaba
06-14-2012, 05:29 PM
or bleach it and pretend you have platinum blond hair

Snowflake
06-16-2012, 11:47 PM
My mother's hair had started greying at a very young age. By 9, almost half her hair was grey. She once told me how depressed she was in her early teens. She doesn't remember praying for anything other than her hair at that time in her life. And guess what, her prayers were answered. A relative hakeem (traditional hearbalist) prescribed her the following to massage her scalp with:
and some sandal-e-surkh (sorry don't know what it is called in english, its an urdu word by the way)
Results: within 6 months, greying was beginning to reverse, and within a few years, she had brown unusually thick knee length hair.

I recommend bro Biz to try this. But I wasn't sure what sandal e surkh is. Well it's just red sandalwood (google) :p

Jazaki Allah khayr for sharing sis :)

Snowflake
06-16-2012, 11:58 PM
P.S. Sis Violette can you find out the quantity of the sandalwood please? Jazaki Allah khayr :)

patientgrace
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Some of the most beautiful hair I have seen on both men and women is gray/silver.

Santoku
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Heck man, do you know how hard I had to work for my grey hairs???

Seriously, I don't want to be rid of them, that would be dishonest and why would I want to lie to the world?

sofiap
07-02-2012, 11:20 PM
try to fidn out what is lacking in your diet,take vitamins tabs if our diet isn't good or restricted,my son had some grey hair at the age of 8, since last year he started using a hair gel with contains vitamin B,and somehow it seems to cover the colour,don't ask me how..lol..i have no idea..he is 20 masha Allaah now this year an dhe had at least a quarter of his hair grey, once you are ready,you will accept it,until then try these methods,there are holistic methods people can try they may help..

Salahudeen
08-03-2012, 05:59 PM

Has anyone tried this yet??? :p I've been meaning to give it a go but been too busy.

ardianto
08-03-2012, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
I recommend bro Biz to try this. But I wasn't sure what sandal e surkh is. Well it's just red sandalwood (google)
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
P.S. Sis Violette can you find out the quantity of the sandalwood please? Jazaki Allah khayr
Sandalwod is Santalum album while Sandal Surkh is Pterocarpus santalinus

Sandalwood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santalum_album

Sandal Surkh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pterocarpus_santalinus

Ready to use Sandal Surkh: http://www.tayyebi.com.pk/site//inde...mart&Itemid=38

GuestFellow
08-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I have white hair at the age of 20. Who cares.

Scimitar
08-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I have a shaved head now... i discovered my cranium is the shape of a peanut... and if I frown, I look like Ming the Merciless :D (kidding)

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!