/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can a person re-revert to Islam?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-30-2012, 04:09 AM
I am asking that even after I have left Islam and do many sins can I still be accepted back? Is there such a thing as an unforgivable sin in Islam? :hmm:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-30-2012, 04:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash

Somebody is stalking me :statisfie.
Your post isnt making much sense because I am not talking about reason or subscriptions. I am asking that even after I have left Islam and do many sins can I still be accepted back? Is there such a thing as an unforgivable sin in Islam? :hmm:
? which part is difficult for you to understand?
Yes two sins (cardinal) are unforgivable in Islam. Shirk and Kuffr, especially if you die in said states. As for oscillating back & forth well that's between you & God I am not sure what response you want from members here?

best,

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 05:26 AM
"Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."
[Qur'aan, Chapter 39, Verse 53]

As long as you repent sincerely and are prepared to follow Islaam the way it is meant to be followed, there is NO problem.

The doors of Islaam are always open for EVERYONE at ANYTIME.

MustafaMc
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
I am asking that even after I have left Islam and do many sins can I still be accepted back?
Accepted by whom? Are you concerened about Muslims here accepting you as a Muslim if you decide to practice Islam? My opinion is that this is a matter between you and Allah (swt) and if that relation is a good one, you would not care what others thought.
Is there such a thing as an unforgivable sin in Islam?
As the sister said, disbelief in Allah (swt) as the only Deity to be worshipped (kufr) or to associate others as partners with Him (shirk) are unforgiveable sins if one dies in that state. There is such a thing as waiting too late to repent as we are reminded of Firaun when he stated his faith (to no avail) immediately before his death, but we are also reminded of Muhammad (saaws) trying to get his Uncle Abu Talib to state the shahadah while he was on his deathbed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
05-30-2012, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
As the sister said, disbelief in Allah (swt) as the only Deity to be worshipped (kufr) or to associate others as partners with Him (shirk) are unforgiveable sins if one dies in that state. There is such a thing as waiting too late to repent as we are reminded of Firaun when he stated his faith (to no avail) immediately before his death, but we are also reminded of Muhammad (saaws) trying to get his Uncle Abu Talib to state the shahadah while he was on his deathbed.
But wasn't Abu Talib's contribution to helping Muhammad enough to reduce his punishment in the afterlife?

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
^ But Abu Talib will still be in the fire as he didn't declare Shahadah?

Darth Ultor
05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes. Someone here said that he's in an ankle-deep flame.

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
^ Correct. But he will not be able to enter Paradise as he died upon disbelief.

Abz2000
05-30-2012, 12:46 PM
brother freak,
no sin is unforgivable by God,
He clearly tell us not to lose hope in His mercy,

however apostasizing and returning continuously can tend to break huge psychological barriers, just as with any crime,
and returning isn't as easy, here's a verse which describes the continuous oscillation back and forth.

"Those who believe then disbelieve,
again believe and again disbelieve,
then increase in disbelief,
Allah will never forgive them nor guide them in the (right) way"
(Quran 4:137).

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
then increase in disbelief,
I am no scholar, but the main message in that verse is the above ^^^

This means if they DIE on disbelief, Allaah will never forgive them.

We know that if a person repents before his death, Allaah accepts it.

And Allaah Knows best.

Endymion
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
But wasn't Abu Talib's contribution to helping Muhammad enough to reduce his punishment in the afterlife?
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
^ But Abu Talib will still be in the fire as he didn't declare Shahadah?
Yes. Someone here said that he's in an ankle-deep flame.
[9:113] After it has become clear that they are condemned to the Flaming Fire, it is not for the Prophet and those who believe to ask for the forgiveness of those who associate others with Allah in His Divinity even if they be near of kin.

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 222:

Narrated Al-Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib:
That he said to the Prophet "You have not been of any avail to your uncle (Abu Talib) (though) by Allah, he used to protect you and used to become angry on your behalf." The Prophet said, "He is in a shallow fire, and had It not been for me, he would have been in the bottom of the (Hell) Fire."

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
^ Darth Ultor did not say that the Prophet :saws: asked for forgiveness after Abu Talib died. He was just mentioning how Abu Talib helped the Prophet :saws:

Endymion
05-30-2012, 01:25 PM
I just provided the relevant hadith and ayah you people are talking about.

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 01:26 PM
^ Oh right, sorry sis :X (< This smiley looks like it's had it's lips sewn in) :skeleton:

Endymion
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Is there such a thing as an unforgivable sin in Islam?
(4:116) Truly it is only associating others with Allah in His divinity that Allah does not forgive, and forgives anything besides that to whomsoever He wills. Whoever associates others with Allah in His divinity has indeed strayed far away.

Endymion
05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
^ Oh right, sorry sis :X (< This smiley looks like it's had it's lips sewn in) :skeleton:
No sorry worry,its alright :statisfie May be my straight pointing towards you made you feel i misunderstand your point :-[

جوري
05-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Even the other one Abu Lahab who was the worst of all will have a reduced punishment in certain times for sparing a slave girl the day Prophet Mohammed was born (as was the custom when a male child was born)to do something good.
But is reduced punishment or the littlest of little in hell a good thing at all? Problem is that we're too wrapped up in life to even imagine something so other dimensional. It seems unreal. But I propose to you that if you get down to the nitty gritty of everything it will end seem unreal. All those multidimensional structures in mathematics and physics are really of our imagination to loan logic to the physical world but we push the limits of our imagination to accommodate things that seem to defy logic or stretch out thinking abilities to the max is in and of itself a testament that the most logical minds are really occultists in their own way.
We're truly on this earth for a journey.. the journey may lead us to fields of math or physics or even the aesthetics of art but every subject should lead us to marvel and sing his praise. As we come from the nothing to a womb of darkness to life, as we emerge from the darkness of night and sleep to day light.. so shall we emerge from the nothing of death to eternal life.. it is really something to think about when we're dealing with the concept of eternity.. Makes everything worldly really pale to the thought of that..

~ Sabr ~
05-30-2012, 04:44 PM
What a superb reply sis, MashaAllaah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!