/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help: Regarding My Wedding

balaka
05-31-2012, 04:52 PM
I am 27,hindu,engaged to be married to a muslim,whom I know for a year. As I am not belonging to the "people of book",my future in-laws expects me to convert to Islam.My marriage will be solemnised at Islamabad.Once the ceremony is over we will fly back to US.I am just little curious to know beforehand from ladies/makeup experts as I will not be getting my own relatives around there.If you can please explain it in detail,

1) How my bridal makeup and hair will be done? Will that be done differently?

2)How my wedding/reception will be solemnized? What are the rituals involved?

3)How am I expect to behave during the ceremony and at my in-laws place in the initial days of marriage?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
05-31-2012, 05:36 PM
You cannot marry the brother until you are a Muslim.

balaka
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
You cannot marry the brother until you are a Muslim.
I know that. I am willing to accept Islam. Requesting you all to read my post before answering.

Hulk
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
I think most of your questions are more cultural than religious. So I have no idea how/what are going to be done :omg:. In terms of behaviour all I can say is it would be good if you just be very respectful and patient. It might not be easy for some people living under the same roof as in-laws but I think it is important to keep the peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Greetings of peace,

You'd have to realise that reverting to Islaam isn't for any individual, that it is purely for your creator alone. You would be submitting to God and all that he has commanded, and all that he has commanded is for your own benefit while all that he forbade is for your own safety.

And so I believe it is a valid marriage contract if you are both muslims.

format_quote Originally Posted by balaka
Like any other, no difference.

2)How my wedding/reception will be solemnized? What are the rituals involved?
It is called nik'ah, the marriage contract.

3)How am I expect to behave during the ceremony and at my in-laws place in the initial days of marriage?
Ofcourse, yourself, of good behaviour :s I hope someone can help..

Endymion
06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I am 27,hindu,engaged to be married to a muslim,whom I know for a year. As I am not belonging to the "people of book",my future in-laws expects me to convert to Islam.My marriage will be solemnised at Islamabad.Once the ceremony is over we will fly back to US.I am just little curious to know beforehand from ladies/makeup experts as I will not be getting my own relatives around there.If you can please explain it in detail,

:welcome: to the forum and May Allah SWT guide you towards the right path and bless your wedding.Ameen.

They will simply take you to a beauty salon where everything will be done in a nice and organized manner,no worries :statisfie

How my wedding/reception will be solemnized? What are the rituals involved?
You'll need to sign marriage contract.Its simple and after that you will have to attend the reception It will be better if you watch some videos on youtube related to the topic.

It'll will be good if you don't speak much,keep smiling all the time and the word you have to use the most is "Jee Jee" translation "Yeah yeah".Try to be nice and respectable towards everyone specially with elders.Every thing will be good Inshallah :statisfie

tigerkhan
06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
It'll will be good if you don't speak much,keep smiling all the time and the word you have to use the most is "Jee Jee" translation "Yeah yeah".Try to be nice and respectable towards everyone specially with elders.Every thing will be good Inshallah
hahaha here u seems like the old nani ami jan..anyway its god advice. but since OP has mentioned the Islamabad, i see its v.diffrent from other cities of pakistan. ppl there are much more modren and things r mostly like in westren countries. anyway every family has diffrent values. some girl can advice her better, surely not me.

Endymion
06-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I think it doesn't matter in which part of South Asia you are in and how modern the family is,South Asian women inquire too much.Also,they don't like a newly wed bride staring at people,talk and argue with people and the most important thing is,she haven't changed her faith yet.So,i think there is a chance that women will take too much interest in her personal life which i personally don't like.It will be better to stay quiet to avoid all that and make your trip memorable :statisfie

And yes,i have a very old soul in me :statisfie

Abz2000
06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
try not to grin :D

~ Sabr ~
06-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I know that. I am willing to accept Islam. Requesting you all to read my post before answering.
You said your in laws expect you to convert to Islam, not that you are willing to convert.

Insaanah
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
:sl:

Greetings, balaka, and welcome to the forum.

As I am not belonging to the "people of book",my future in-laws expects me to convert to Islam.
You'll probably already know this, so apologies if I'm repeating what you already know: reversion to Islam should not be just to enable you to marry, but because you truly believe in what you're converting to. Some of the conditions of the shahaadah (what you utter by mouth and believe firmly in your heart to become a Muslim) are acceptance of what the shahaadah implies (e.g. the five daily prayers, etc), love for what you're accepting, etc.

You will need a wali (a male Muslim guardian) to act on your behalf for the nikah, the legal contract which will bind you together as husband and wife. It may be that your in-laws will organise this for you, perhaps a local imam/scholar etc.

A dowry paid by the groom to the bride will also need to be agreed.

The nikah consists of an offer and acceptance, an offer from the brides side, e.g. Your wali will say to the groom something along the lines of I marry my ward to you, with the agreed dower of___ and the groom has to accept.

This will be done in front of witnesses (with your wali acting on your behalf, you may not need to be there) and you may be asked to sign.

That's the nikah, which is what makes you Islamically husband and wife.

Your going to live with him may be done then, or later.

After that, the groom will have to host a walimah (wedding feast), which may be the next day or a few days later.

There may be other cultural add ons (i.e. not rooted in Islam) that may be done, but it's actually best if you get your husband-to-be to ask his family what they're planning, in terms of make up, events etc, and how they expect you to behave, and I think they will most likely be impressed by your desire to respect them and their culture.

To all: Hopefully we can all exercise (sabr) patience with one another in our replies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!