/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the correct way of execution?

User29123
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM
:sl:

Like the title says what is the correct way for a murder, rapist etc? Is it by sword and chopping of the head?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-01-2012, 08:29 AM

Killing with the sword as a method of legal retribution
Fatwa Date : Jumaadaa Al-Oula 3, 1428 / 20-5-2007
Question

As salamu 'alikum shaykh, did the prophet sws precribed beheading a person as a way of killing them for sin like murder or homosexuallity?(EXAMPLE: like how he prescribed stoning a person to death for zina when they are married) OR is the way to kill someone by beheading them a cultural practised by the arabs jazakullah yaa shaykh

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad

is His slave and Messenger.

It is not confirmed that the Prophet

said that killing a person is only done by beheading him with a sword. However, there is a weak narration which reads: “No legal retribution except with a sword.” [Ibn Maajah]. The scholars

classified the narrators of this narration to be weak.

On the contrary, it is confirmed that the Prophet

applied legal retribution for killing a soul without the use of the sword. Al-Bukhaari and Muslim

reported that a Jew killed a maid by squeezing her head between two stones, so the Prophet

ordered him to be killed in the same manner. It is for this reason that the preponderant opinion of the scholars

is that legal retribution is to kill the killer in the same manner he committed the murder.

As regards death punishment for crimes other than murder, like imposing a corporal punishment for apostasy, homosexuality and for other crimes for which the Islamic Law did not determine the method of killing, then in principle this is done by beheading the person with a sword, as the Prophet

said: “If it happens for you to kill (anyone for some justified reason), kill (him/her) humanely (in a perfect and kind manner).”

Ibn Qudaamah

said: “The killing in Islamic Law refers to the killing with a sword…and the best manner of killing is killing with a sword.”
Killing with a sword is the method of legal retribution practised at the time of the Prophet

and this was well known to the companions

to the extent that when they see that a person deserves death, one of them would say to the Prophet

said: “Let me cut off his head.”

Allaah Knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=96039

dqsunday
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
as the Prophet said: “If it happens for you to kill (anyone for some justified reason), kill (him/her) humanely (in a perfect and kind manner)
Key point here I see.. is 'kill humanely' and I expect by sword was the most humane during the time of the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam). In modern times, I expect 'humanely' will be determined by the state, such as electrocution or lethal injections which is practiced in some areas of the West.

جوري
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
Key point here I see.. is 'kill humanely' and I expect by sword was the most humane during the time of the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wasalam). In modern times, I expect 'humanely' will be determined by the state, such as electrocution or lethal injections which is practiced in some areas of the West.
Actually it is, Even Ann Boleyn asked for such a method of execution. It is fast, and certain neurochemicals are released which make the final moments Euphoric. It is actually even better to slaughter animals in that way than electrocute them contrary to popular opinion..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
06-02-2012, 08:42 AM

...In modern times, I expect 'humanely' will be determined by the state, such as electrocution or lethal injections which is practiced in some areas of the West.

I read that it takes several minutes to die after injection . So , how this is humanely and cut off the head is a cruelity ? Is it more painful or does it take more time to die than electrocution or injection ?

dqsunday
06-02-2012, 08:53 PM
I really don't think lethal injection is alll that humane, at least not how I have seen it predicted in shows. My earlier statement was pointing out the current US state approved methods of execution. It would make more sense to me to put a person to sleep using typical aesthetic means then give them a lethal dose to stop the heart. At least they would be in a state of unconsciousness and unaware of the 'death' injection. Electricution I expect would hurt as your body jumps about from the current going through it. A beheading with a sharp blade and a single blow, I expect would be just as quick as any modern method, if not more so. I expect all the blood afterwards is what really took it out of circulation as a humane method of killing.

جوري
06-03-2012, 01:58 AM
if a person is being punished for a similar crime, then the question shouldn't be about being humane at all. It should be about a swift justice. There's nothing to gawk at and nothing to be humane about. It is just a carriage of justice. I don't think criminals particularly practice humane methods with their victims to expect it in return.

Muslim Woman
06-03-2012, 04:50 AM

. It would make more sense to me to put a person to sleep using typical aesthetic means then give them a lethal dose to stop the heart. At least they would be in a state of unconsciousness and unaware of the 'death' injection..
as a Muslim , I want to die when I have sense / not in unconscious position ; so that I can utter the name of Allah & His last Prophet pbuh before I die.

User29123
06-03-2012, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

I read that it takes several minutes to die after injection . So , how this is humanely and cut off the head is a cruelity ? Is it more painful or does it take more time to die than electrocution or injection ?
Electric chair is mostly used in America. I think it has been banned now. They use lethal injection. Lethal injection is PAIN FREE I think it puts you to sleep first then stops your heart. In USA they hardly do execution because it cost to much I heard its around $30,000 (1 person) so SWORD is cheaper..

Yeah I also think sword is best because it is fast, we won't know if it's pain free but since it is done within a second I assume no pain.. Plus SWORD is cheaper :)

One question does come to my mind then under Islamic-law how should they bury that person with their head chopped off? Just throw the head in with the body?

جوري
06-03-2012, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
One question does come to my mind then under Islamic-law how should they bury that person with their head chopped off? Just throw the head in with the body?
The penalty of death is in and of itself an expiation of sin if for a similar crime, so the person essentially paid for their crime and if they say that they're repentant then they should be given a proper Islamic burial. Also it isn't congruent with Islamic principles to throw or dump bodies.

And Allah swt knows best

Mistrique
10-23-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't think there are any "Humane" ways to kill a person. To kill a human is to violate humanity and violation of humanity is NOT humane.

any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee.

Muwaahid
10-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Just out of curiosity do you think execution is supposed to be humane?

Darth Ultor
10-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Why use a sword? You need a strong and well-trained person to do it. What about a guillotine if beheading is a must? There's also shooting in the back of the head. It's quick and clean. You also have hanging. Iran hangs its condemned. It doesn't choke, it cracks the prisoner's neck.

By the way, what is the penalty for adultery if both parties aren't married?

Independent
10-24-2012, 08:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
Why use a sword? You need a strong and well-trained person to do it. What about a guillotine if beheading is a must? There's also shooting in the back of the head. It's quick and clean. You also have hanging. Iran hangs its condemned. It doesn't choke, it cracks the prisoner's neck.
A quick, efficient execution is surprisingly hard to arrange, even if you are trying not to prolong the suffering. It required highly paid professionals to get it right.

There are many ghastly examples of beheadings by sword which went wrong, requiring multiple strokes of the sword before the head was literally hacked off. In earlier days, death by hanging was a matter of slow strangulation. The trapdoor scaffold was invented to enable a 'drop'. But even this was subject to error - you need to calculate the difference between between a sufficient drop to break the neck, but not so far that it ripped the head off altogether (which sometimes happened). The guillotine was invented to be a 'scientific' method but its association with the bloodbath that was the French Revolution has tarnished its image forever.

We should also not forget that no matter what the exact details of the execution method, a major part of the suffering is the build-up beforehand. Very often this has the exact opposite intention of the judges - ie instead of bringing humiliation and discouraging others, it actually ennobles the victim. When you read the accounts of the execution of many notorious criminals, or famous tyrants like Charles I of England, the time of their execution is their finest hour which they face with inspiring courage (despite their otherwise sordid lives). For this reason a judicial execution often ends up making the criminal look noble, and the State becomes the villain.

I leave you with the last words of James French, who died in Oklahoma in the electric chair in 1966:

"How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries!"

جوري
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
The sword is the best method- if you don't want to be at the receiving end of the blade because 'it prolongs suffering' then don't be a criminal - it's really that simple.
Ann Boleyn asked for a sword because it was an axe that required multiple strokes.
I think this has all been discussed as to why the paid shills like to rehash and recycle with winded essays well it's a story for another day.
Btw bullets can just lodge in the head cause brain damage but not death and might require multiple shots. a sword which is akin to the method animals use instinctively to paralyze their prey and releases endorphin like chemicals so the last moments are akin to being under anesthesia. Many are the reasons and death is one!

aamirsaab
10-24-2012, 10:48 AM
The original question was actually answered a while back, quite succinctly might I add.

I don't know why someone necro'd this thread, but I'm going to close it on the above basis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!