/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Captain Jack: From Birdy to Sparrow

Aprender
06-02-2012, 12:52 AM
In the late 16th century a young boy collecting scraps of wreckage from the docks wondered if he’d ever leave Faversham in the borough of Kent, the hottest place in the entire United Kingdom. It was a marshy place of little importance to anyone but the brigand. Its docks were a haven for smugglers and pirates and other such unsavory folk. That boy was John Ward, whose dreams would one day come true, though perhaps not in the way he had wanted; he would become Jack Birdy, the most fearsome pirate in the world, and towards the end of his life, Yusuf Reis, penitent Muslim, wealthy beyond any man’s dreams, spending the remainder of his life in his Tunisian palace.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/society/en...dy-to-sparrow/

Amazing the way a lot of Islamic history and history in general, has been hidden, twisted up or erased all together. But I had no idea that the original Jack became a Muslim toward the end of his life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
06-04-2012, 07:00 AM
That is super cool! I didn't know that.

Jazak'Allaah Khair for sharing!

Hulk
06-04-2012, 07:06 AM
hehehehe!

Aprender
06-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Lol, Hulk. I was reading on the same website that the Muslims also killed Dracula which I also thought was interesting.

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-stud...illed-dracula/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dqsunday
06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Very interesting, both articles :)

Aprender
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting too. More interesting than the movie adaptations that they make on these subjects.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!