/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan - health factor

Legolas
06-02-2012, 02:15 PM
I reverted to Islam in the year 2000 and have been doing Ramadan ever since.

I'm 50 years old and 2 months ago I was admitted to hospital where I spent 4 days. The problem was that I was consuming very little water daily and ended with a kidney infection.

Now that Ramadam will soon be with us, I would like to know what to do.

I live in a Catholic country and work 8 hours a day till 7pm. My job is a sales person and I'm the only one in the shop and have to constantly talk to people and summer is our peak season and also a very hot season with tempreatures of 38 degrees. So it is obvious that more water has to be consumed and I'm afraid that if I deprive my body of water I'll be prone to the kidney infection again.

What does Islam say to a person in my situation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
you should speak to imam bout this as we might not be able to help

جوري
06-04-2012, 05:38 AM
What diagnosis did you receive from the doctor? Do you have a chronic condition or it was a one time thing? Are you on any meds? I don't want to make it ok for you to not fast I am not a religious scholar but if you've a genuine medical condition then you'll have to take another acceptable route to make up for days you won't fast. Allah swt wants to discipline us and do our body good not harm. I think you should see a nephrologist and ask him if a 12 hour or so daily fast will have adverse effect on your health.

And Allah swt knows best

:w:

glo
06-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Here in the UK the family doctors can give advice on health issues during Ramadan, and particular health checks/support is offered. For example, how and when to amend your medication, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!