/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free Hijab for convert Muslim sisters ?

Muslim Woman
06-05-2012, 04:33 AM
:sl:

a convert sis in other forum wants to know how she can get free hijab or discount . If u have any info , pl. post here . InshaAllah I will let her know. JazakAllah Khair

I wonder If there are any ways I could recieve a free hijab?

I am starting Highschool and want to start covering my hair.It seems like a good time to start...Don't wan't to wait 'till college!;) lol. I haven't any money and can't afford to purchase a scarf/scarves...and somehow I need to have some before school starts again...Does anyone know of a website that gives discounts for new muslims? According to my findings..there are no such things...but I did sign up for two different free hijab giveaways(it would be a miracle if I actually won lol) I am in a tough situation. There aren't any muslims in my family so it's annoying trying to keep them unaware that I am studying Islam. But obviously they will know something is up when they see a piece of cloth on my head. la hawla wa la quwwatah illa billa.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
You can buy typical scarfs that can be used as hijabs for a very low price at most department stores, like Zellers, Walmart etc. Second hand stores are also likely to have them. If money is a problem offer to do some task (ie lawn cutting, chores around house etc) for a small sum of money. I bought several large scarfs for $10 a piece which work great. Dollar stores also have scarves but these tend to be smaller but for a dollar, they work especially if you are young and have a smaller head than I do. You can always buy two of the same pattern and stitch them together.

At one time http://www.youtube.com/user/iloveelh...ature=g-user-u had a contest for a free prayer outfit at one time. No idea if they will have one again in the future.

Also keep in mind that scarves in general are a fashion accessory that by themselves don't mean Muslim. You can just ask your folks to buy you some to wear around your neck at school or over your hair to keep it dry or from being blown about. Then you can just wrap them to not only cover your hair but neck and bosom as well.

Insaanah
06-05-2012, 07:15 PM

The headscarf is simply a square piece of fabric, folded diagonally. If there are any fabric shops near where the sister lives, she just needs to go in and ask for a metre and a quarter length of soft cotton fabric (this is normally quite inexpensive), and she can ask them to cut it square for her if necessary. The only thing left would be to hem the raw edges, or to tack them with running stitch, which could be done by hand with needle and thread if the sister doesn't have a sewing machine or doesn't know anyone that has one. Then fold it diagonally and it's ready to wear.

Or, you can wrap long ones around, as mentioned above. It doesn't have to be something that's specially labelled as, or sold as, a hijaab.

Sunnie Ameena
06-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
I found mine at some thrift stores. They were only a couple of dollars each.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
06-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't mind posting her some sis.

Hulk
06-06-2012, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
MashaAllah may you be rewarded for your niyyah and amal sis. I was going to suggest that any sister who might have some spares and some experience in posting mail can post it to her.

Endymion
06-06-2012, 02:09 PM
:sl: sister :)

Which country she belongs to??

glo
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
It might be nice if masjids had hijabs to give away to new muslimahs. Sort of like welcome pack. :)

Muslim Woman
06-07-2012, 01:49 PM

the convert sis lives in USA.

Muslim Woman
06-07-2012, 01:51 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

sis , u mean u can send her scarf in USA ? Then I can ask her to give me her address.

~ Sabr ~
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
:wasalamex

InshaAllaah, that should be no problem. Just PM me what colours she wants, along with the type, e.g. long shawl, triangle, etc. and her address.

Any deed that will come in hand on the Day of Judgement InshaAllaah.... :exhausted

Abz2000
06-07-2012, 02:02 PM
here ya go, if she doesnt have any local shops, rather than buy it here and spend loadsa money sending it,
u can forward it directly frm the us to her house:
jus keep scrolling down to the nxt page and the nxt:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BI...b&_dmd=1&rt=nc

~ Sabr ~
06-07-2012, 02:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
here ya go, if she doesnt have any local shops, rather than buy it here and spend loadsa money sending it,
u can forward it directly frm the us to her house:
jus keep scrolling down to the nxt page and the nxt:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BI...b&_dmd=1&rt=nc
Jazaak Allaah Khayr, but I would rather do it with my own hands, get more sawaab...

Endymion
06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
I have a good news :D

A sister in USA who sells Scarfs and abayahs on e-bay wants to gift her some scarfs :statisfie Plz let me know her adress,i have to send it to sis :statisfie

Endymion
06-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Message from Maryam.

Masha Allah our young sister.
tell her not to worry. she dont hv to wait to win lol. i will sent her couple of them. i can also check for islamic centre or masjid in her area. so she can hv some support

Endymion
06-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Ping ...

Haven't get sister's address yet :unsure:

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Same here?

Muslim Woman
06-18-2012, 07:38 AM

Alhamdulillah . So many are tying to help . Where she first posted , the site owner is a Canadian convert sis and fortunately she managed to contact her first and got a chance to help her :)

May Allah reward u all for trying to help .

Still anyone is interested to contact her , u may visit her here
http://myislamweb.com/forum/index.ph...9179#msg159179

~ Sabr ~
06-18-2012, 07:39 AM
:salamext:

Any news sis? I have still not received the address to send her scarves yet?

Hiraislam
07-12-2012, 06:50 AM
There are many Muslims that will help to give hijabs as gift to other Muslim sisters.

Muslim Woman
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM

yes ; a Canadian convert sis already sent her what she needed . Alhamdulillah. May Allah reward her .

Islamskaprinces
11-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Salam Aleykum Sisters.
I found out about Islam from one of my best friends, and I loved it from the first second. It's a very beautiful religion, and I am proud to say that I have converted to Islam. Elhamdulilah. My friend also taught me much about covering ones-self, and I wish to in the near future. I would love to cover myself before I start college. I am starting college in about a month. But, sadly, I'm on quite a tight budget and cannot afford to purchase Hijabs for myself. If anyone would please help me somehow in the name of Allah. I would be very, very, very grateful if I could at least get a couple of hijabs. I would also LOVE to start praying to Allah, thanking him for everything He has blessed me with, but My friend told me that I would need a Jilbab. If someone would please send me at least one of those, I would be very grateful. Please sisters, help a loving sister in need, and Allah Bless You!!!!

Endymion
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
:welcome: to Islam and to Islamic Board,sister :statisfie

Where are you from?Are you in USA?

Islamskaprinces
11-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, I live in the USA .

Islamskaprinces
11-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Thank You Sister for the welcoming :)

Endymion
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
A friend of mine "Maryam" sells scarfs on e-bay.She will be happy to send free scarfs to you Inshallah :statisfie I'll send her e-mail to you in a rep comment as i guess you are unable to view your pm's.You'll have to mail her your home address so she'll be able to send ya some scarfs :statisfie Will it be fine for ya sis :)

Islamskaprinces
11-04-2012, 03:43 PM
That would be great, and I would be very grateful.
Is there any way I could get one Jilbab?
and........
I'm kind of new to this forum, would rep comment mean: reply comment?
And when you say I would have to mail her my address, does that mean E-mail or post mail?
Thank You So Much, May Allah S.W.T Bless You and All Muslims InshaAllah.

Endymion
11-04-2012, 03:48 PM
No sis,you'll have to e-mail her and write her your home address :) And rep comment is actually reputation comment.When i'll send you a reputation comment,you'll recieve a notification which says,"new reputation".You'll have to click it and drag the page down and you'll see a small message under the name of this thread :)

Hope i explained well :hmm:

Endymion
11-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Ermm..im sorry sis,im really bad at explaining things :hmm: you can ask again if you didn't understand.I asked Maryam and she said she'll be there and will be happy to help ya :)

Islamskaprinces
11-04-2012, 04:04 PM
May Allah Bless You.
I understood your explanation well.
Allhamdulillah.

Endymion
11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Sister,i sent ya her e-mail.now you can contact her your self :)

sister herb
11-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Salam alaykum;

Other member just today sended this link to other section about free hijabs: http://muslimahscoveredwithcare.org/

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Muslim...ref=ts&fref=ts

PurpleCup
11-08-2012, 12:20 AM
She can go to Goodwill or Salvation Army and buy a large square scarf and fold it into a triangle to cover her hair.
Or if that doesn't work she can buy a large square piece of fabric and cover her hair that way.
hijabs are usually so cheap.

If she has a sewing machine she can sew herself some hijabs.

Or she can go to her local masjed and ask sister if they can spare any for her and I am sure she will get loads of them.

NajaMuhammad
02-21-2013, 05:03 AM
As salaam Alaikem, my name is Naja Muhammad I am a new shahadah however I have been studying Islam since I was in high school. I am a single mother of two wonderful boys who I love and adore and give thanks to Allah every day for them. I am reaching out to anyone that can help me to become a better Muslim because I Have no family or friend support in my choice to become a Muslim. If anyone can tell me home I might can get help with getting used or dry rotten Abayas size XL and and kimars it would truly be great I am not picky and if it anything anyone can donate to me I will greatly thank you. As I stated earlier I am a young single mother and due to my health I am on disabilities because my asthma is uncontrollable at this time however I do believe Allah will one day cure my Health but due to that it leaves me with very limited funding that prevents me from being able to get any of my garments Or kimars, I pray to Allah that someone on here sees that I am being very sincere and is
really reaching out to my Muslim family to help me to be a better Muslim. I am not able to wear any of the over garments or kimars due to the fact that I can not afford them and as I stated earlier I have no family or friend support on my choice to become a Muslim so asking the for help is out the question however my misfortune do not stop me from offering salat, or serving Allah as I should, I often go to the library to get my books to continue my studies in Islam I hope to one day be able to go to the Masjid and to able to help someone else in the near future, inshallah.

Your's truly
Naja Muhammad

Muslim Woman
02-21-2013, 03:33 PM

may Allah eases ur situation , Ameen.

pinkflower
06-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Could someone help me out too? I am in need of hijabs and abayas :( I am a new revert and I just want to please Allah the best I can. :(

If not I understand.

firemedic
10-18-2013, 06:24 AM
salaam from socal. I am also new convert and just got off the streets into a homless shelter. I am also in need of hijab and abaya or the indian dresses I saw a sister surfing in. I love my new found faith and found a masjid 50 miles away and will walk to it to say friday prayers. I am a American size 22ish and pray blessing for all on here. been doing my prayers at the beach under the peir I use to live at. the shelter is helping me get back on my feet after I was disabled in a wreck at work.

Islamskaprinces
01-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Sisters, is there any one who may help me in the name of Allah?
Alhamdulilah I was sent some clothes from some sisters, but they are now starting to wear out from so much use and machine washing...

Allah'sMusician
02-11-2014, 12:34 AM
Hi, I just converted today! Unfortunately, I have to keep it a secret from my family as they are anti-Muslim's. I am in need of a hijab to wear for prayers. I cannot go out and buy one as my parents would find out and be very angry and possibly kill me, and I can't go to a masjid for the same reason. If anyone has a spare hijab, underscarf, anything would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and may Allah bless all of you!

Signor
02-11-2014, 04:59 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Besides,having a look at this website and see if it helps you
http://muslimahscoveredwithcare.org/

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Muslim...ref=ts&fref=ts

You may like suggestions provided on Yahoo Answers

Where can I get a free hijab?

Insha Allah Khair

Toya8383
06-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Is it possible that I may get help with hijabs as well. I am a new Muslim. Single mom of two currently not working but looking for work. In fact, I barely have funds to provide for my family until I find work. I am so ashamed that I do not dress as I should, but I do not have money for it.

Umm Malik
06-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Is she wants a Jilbab ??

Muslim Woman
06-08-2016, 04:51 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Toya8383
Is it possible that I may get help with hijabs as well. I am a new Muslim. Single mom of two currently not working but looking for work. In fact, I barely have funds to provide for my family until I find work. I am so ashamed that I do not dress as I should, but I do not have money for it.
did u contact your local mosque , sis ?

Muslimah inshal
03-31-2017, 01:58 PM
I really want one as well cause I live in a country where I can't find proper hijabs and I'm a born muslimah.

Muslimah inshal
03-31-2017, 02:08 PM
Oww would you mind if i ask for one please . Im born Muslim but it's difficult for me to find like modest clothes . I live in Spain.
May Allah reward you immensely

Scimitar
03-31-2017, 04:39 PM
Help is coming in sha Allah,

A sister will be in touch soon in sha Allah..

Scimi

Muslimah inshal
03-31-2017, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Help is coming in sha Allah,

A sister will be in touch soon in sha Allah..

Scimi
Ya Allaaaah I would really appreciate it .
Jazaki Allahu khairan kathiran

Finding MEMO
03-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Sister

It will be a pleasure to help another Muslima.

I can't PM you because your new so can you please post under the Ladies section?

So that I can get your details.

Jazak'Allah Khayr

Muslimah inshal
03-31-2017, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
Assalamu Alaikum Sister

It will be a pleasure to help another Muslima.

I can't PM you because your new so can you please post under the Ladies section?

So that I can get your details.

Jazak'Allah Khayr
Umm I'm don't know where is the ladies section sister

Scimitar
03-31-2017, 05:44 PM
Once you've made 25 posts, you can send and receive private messages in sha Allah :)

Scimi

Finding MEMO
03-31-2017, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Umm I'm don't know where is the ladies section sister
Go to Browse
Then Segregated Section
Then Ladies

Finding MEMO
03-31-2017, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Toya8383
Assalamu Alaikum Sister

Are you still looking for help in obtaining hijab?

Scimitar
03-31-2017, 05:55 PM
it's safer practice to private message address details,

you never know what psycho is on these boards looking to find Muslim addresses ;)

Scimi

praisetoallah
04-12-2017, 02:53 AM
Hello to all. I am new to Islam. I am very happy to finally have taken my shahada. I would very much like to wear the hijab. But I do not have the means to buy them for myself. I have lost my home and currently am living with my sister. Any help in being able to acquire an English Quran and hijab maybe even abaya would be amazing.

Muslim Woman
04-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Salaam sis

welcome to Islam. please contact your local mosque and see if they can help you. Also try to join Muslims sis groups. May Allah bless you

sister herb
04-12-2017, 08:40 AM
You can order Islamic books for free. I have done it few times too.

Like for example: http://www.islamicbooks4free.com/

If you can´t get help from the local mosque or if there isn´t any, let us know. Maybe some kind sister can send you hijab (this had happened sometimes). :statisfie

sister herb
04-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Also, making hijab by yourself it quite easy. You only need enough big piece of suitable fabric.

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by praisetoallah
Hello to all. I am new to Islam. I am very happy to finally have taken my shahada. I would very much like to wear the hijab. But I do not have the means to buy them for myself. I have lost my home and currently am living with my sister. Any help in being able to acquire an English Quran and hijab maybe even abaya would be amazing.
Assalamu Alaikum Sister

And congratulations!!

I would be happy to send you what you need.
In Shaa Allah.

praisetoallah
04-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Sister

And congratulations!!

In Shaa Allah.
Oh thank you so much . I have just started my journey and where I live there are no masjid . I live in a predominantly Mormon state in the USA . You are too kind may Allah bless you.

praisetoallah
04-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Sister

And congratulations!!

In Shaa Allah.
Im so greatful to you . If you need contact information I can provide it to you . Just message me I am unsure how to fully navigate this via d as of yet .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!