/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do i still feel like a Muslim?

BadOlPuttyTat
06-07-2012, 01:33 AM
As the title says.
I was talking to a longtime friend who is a Southern Baptist and she kept asking me about Islam etc. She mentioned in her church that her pastor says Islam is the devil and all that garbage. Then i told her how Islam is the same preachings of Christianity (minus the false trinity). I explained to her the origins of Allah and the teachings of Muhammad and how Islam is not from the devil. I explained to her the numerous corruptions from the Bible from the Catholic rule and their fake dogma. Then i quoted from her various matchings verse from the Quran Sura Al Ikhlas and verses 1-4 of the oneness of god and the Bible Deuteronomy chapter 8. I pretty much broke down the entire contradictions in the Bible and its corruption and i technically supported the Quran's validity over the Bible.
She asked why I know so much about Islam and I told her I just like to read, i didn't tell her i was ever a practicing Muslim. She is a bit southern and one of those Republicans who aren't a most tolerant people.
But why do I still feel like a Muslim yet I claim I am a Sanatana Dharmist? Am I a Kufrul Juhood?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Salaam / Peace

thanks for trying to remove misconception about Islam . May Allah gives u reward for it .

May be you are like Abu Taleb ( uncle of Prophet Muhammed pbuh ) who knew in his heart that Islam is the truth but did not utter it publicly / did not accept it openly.

InshaAllah u will be guided before death approaches .

~ Sabr ~
06-07-2012, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
May be you are like Abu Taleb ( uncle of Prophet Muhammed pbuh ) who knew in his heart that Islam is the truth but did not utter it publicly / did not accept it openly.
Exactly what I was going to say.

Ameen to that!

Al-Mufarridun
06-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Sometimes the heart knows the truth, before the brain does.

Salaam / Peace

Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash
But why do I still feel like a Muslim yet I claim I am a Sanatana Dharmist?
Sounds to me like there are aspects in Islam which you really like and which have made an impression on you.
Perhaps not strongly enough (yet?) for you to make that commitment to Islam, but strong enough for you to defend the faith.

You are a defender of the Islamic faith! And God knows best. :)

MustafaMc
06-08-2012, 03:03 AM
I was talking to a longtime friend who is a Southern Baptist and she kept asking me about Islam etc.
I can relate to your interaction as most of my family is Southern Baptist as I once was.

Sometimes life calls for making a decision and sticking with it, but yet to also being willing to listen to other points of view. To me the kicker is whether or not one believes in resurrection, Judgment Day, Heaven, and Hell and then if he believes in those things then he must decide what is the best way to become one of those going to Heaven. This is a very personal and individual decision and sometimes what one believes is the right decision is also the hardest one to make.

Who Am I?
06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
:sl:

Well I can relate to this. I have not revealed to any of my family or friends that I am Muslim, so I practice in secret. I can't really establish my prayers or read the Qur'an like I want to, but I try to do what I can. They do know that I have been studying Islam and reading the Qur'an (and they're not real happy about that), so I can get away with the occasional verse or Arabic phrase. I try not to let too much slip out, though...

Muhaba
06-08-2012, 05:14 PM
you should accept islam again and ask Allah for guidance. know that if you die with the state of unbelief you will go to hell. how awful it would be when you are so close to islam, when you defend islam and yet you remain an unbeliever. it is most regretful. if you die in this state you will be crying and regretting but it won't do any good.

stop being stubborn. from your post it seems youknow fully well that islam is the truth. then why not accept islam?

Zabel
06-09-2012, 05:57 AM
But why do I still feel like a Muslim yet I claim I am a Sanatana Dharmist? Am I a Kufrul Juhood?
What do these terms mean?

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
you should accept islam again and ask Allah for guidance. know that if you die with the state of unbelief you will go to hell. how awful it would be when you are so close to islam, when you defend islam and yet you remain an unbeliever. it is most regretful. if you die in this state you will be crying and regretting but it won't do any good.

stop being stubborn. from your post it seems youknow fully well that islam is the truth. then why not accept islam?
I don't think he still believes in Islam as he did when he accepted Islam. He has a problem with the sayings of RasoolAllaah :saws:, Hadiths, so if you can't accept them then is a person really classified as a Muslim?

Wa Allaahu Aalim

Qurratul Ayn
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
I was talking to a longtime friend who is a Southern Baptist and she kept asking me about Islam etc. She mentioned in her church that her pastor says Islam is the devil and all that garbage.
Oh dear me. Never knew some people with different beliefs criticised Islaam this badly... Well, that's certainly opened my eyes to the world, they are as bad and negative as the misled Muslims who spout rubbish about Kuffars and such. Just as bad as each other. Oh dear me indeed.

May Allaah help us all to stay strong

Then i told her how Islam is the same preachings of Christianity (minus the false trinity). I explained to her the origins of Allah and the teachings of Muhammad and how Islam is not from the devil. I explained to her the numerous corruptions from the Bible from the Catholic rule and their fake dogma. Then i quoted from her various matchings verse from the Quran Sura Al Ikhlas and verses 1-4 of the oneness of god and the Bible Deuteronomy chapter 8. I pretty much broke down the entire contradictions in the Bible and its corruption and i technically supported the Quran's validity over the Bible.
Subhan'Allaah, you seemed to have learnt a lot about Islaam, then used it in your discussion and used the Bible for reference too; give yourself a pat on the back

Insha'Allaah

Muhaba
06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
I don't think he still believes in Islam as he did when he accepted Islam. He has a problem with the sayings of RasoolAllaah :saws:, Hadiths, so if you can't accept them then is a person really classified as a Muslim?

Wa Allaahu Aalim
How can he have a problem with the sayings of the Prophet (SAW)?

he obviously doesn't know who he was or he wouldn't have a problem with them. new muslims love the Prophet (SAW) so much it's amazing. one japanese revert showed her love for the Prophet (SAW) and was amazed at how much love muslims have for the Prophet (SAW). she said that before she became muslim, she didn't know anyone could love another person , especially someone they had never seen, so much!

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) brought Islam to us and he went through so much hardships doing so. he deserves our utmost love and respect. and his words and sayings hold so much reverence.

if Freakoffthe leash learns islamic history, he'll realize the great position of the Prophet (SAW).

Muhaba
06-09-2012, 06:33 PM
we can only know our religion through the Prophet (SAW)'s sayings and actions. he was an example, a teacher. God sent him for a reason, becuase us humans need someone to teach us. that is why in every college and school you have teachers. if they were unnecessaary, they'd just give you a book and tell you to learn it yourself. but that's not possible. it would make learning so much more difficult. so you have teachers explaining stuff. and that was one role of the Prophet (SAW). he explained the Quran and the religion. we learn through his sayings and actions, which are the hadith.

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I think he had a problem with the validity of the Hadiths

Periwinkle18
06-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Ameen thumma ameen :)

May Allah open ur heart towards islam again inshaAllah

Muhaba
06-09-2012, 08:46 PM
^ameen. and may it be soon as one never knows when one might die.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zabel
What do these terms mean?
a Kufrul juhood is a person who acknowledges Islam in his heart but never openly says he is a Muslim and denies it.

Sanatana Dharma is Hindi for "Eternal path' in the West you call it "Hinduism".

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
Oh dear me. Never knew some people with different beliefs criticised Islaam this badly... Well, that's certainly opened my eyes to the world, they are as bad and negative as the misled Muslims who spout rubbish about Kuffars and such. Just as bad as each other. Oh dear me indeed.
Oh sister you havent heard the worst of it! If I was to even repeat what Christian pastors say about Islam on stations like TBN it would make you so mad and violent you would punch holes through 20 brick walls and be 1 step closer to Jihad. Trust me when i say it is best to avoid mainstream Evangelical Christianity as it is very hateful sadly and corrupted by money. Especially the Trinity Broadcasting Network which i grew up watching but now preaches hate.

Who Am I?
06-10-2012, 03:21 AM

Oh sister you havent heard the worst of it! If I was to even repeat what Christian pastors say about Islam on stations like TBN it would make you so mad and violent you would punch holes through 20 brick walls and be 1 step closer to Jihad. Trust me when i say it is best to avoid mainstream Evangelical Christianity as it is very hateful sadly and corrupted by money. Especially the Trinity Broadcasting Network which i grew up watching but now preaches hate.
I have that channel and also the EWTN. Neither one really have anything good to say about any religion other than Christianity.

Eric H
06-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Greetings and peace be with you FreakOffALeash;

a Kufrul juhood is a person who acknowledges Islam in his heart but never openly says he is a Muslim and denies it.

Sanatana Dharma is Hindi for "Eternal path' in the West you call it "Hinduism".
Belief in God requires that you should do something, we are measured by what we do, not just what we believe, and we need other people. This is where religion comes in, it is very much like a fire with burning embers, all the embers keep each other going, if you take one ember out of the fire, it dies fairly quickly.

I am not sure that hedging your bets and doing a bit of each religion is what God intends, and we should put God above everything else, our neighbours second and ourselves third, very difficult to do.

In the spirit of searching for faith and trust in God.

Eric

MustafaMc
06-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Trust me when i say it is best to avoid mainstream Evangelical Christianity as it is very hateful sadly and corrupted by money.
I used to listen to American Family Radio some, but really got tired of the incessant hate toward Islam, particularly by the likes of Jimmy Swaggert.

MustafaMc
06-10-2012, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
we should put God above everything else, our neighbours second and ourselves third, very difficult to do.

In the spirit of searching for faith and trust in God.
You are correct on the priorities, but most people have it backwards. To submit our will to that of God is a most difficult thing to do as it requires us to avoid some things we may enjoy and it requires us to do some things that we may find distasteful or unpleasant.

Quran Surah Al-Maun "Have you observed him who belies religion? That is he who repells the orphan, and urges not the feeding of the needy. Ah, woe unto worshippers who are heedless of their prayer; who would be seen (at worship) yet refuse small kindnesses!"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!