/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Official App for IB Forums For Android and Iphone Smartphones

Txyib
06-08-2012, 11:58 PM
salaam

I was suggesting if an administrator or anyone could develop an app for Islamic Board so that it was easier to access islamic board because usually I cant attach files from my Android Smartphone and im sure other smartphone users may face this problem
so what i am saying that if someone could develop a forum app that would be helpful to many LI users as we could access it anytime on our phones as some webpages have forum apps developed
wasalam
Tayib

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
06-09-2012, 12:08 AM
There is a forum app on the market, Tapatalk (Not free sadly) which allows easier access to forums on your mobile device. I've not used it personally but i'm pretty sure it will work with this Forum if its set up by an Admin.

Txyib
06-09-2012, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
There is a forum app on the market, Tapatalk (Not free sadly) which allows easier access to forums on your mobile device. I've not used it personally but i'm pretty sure it will work with this Forum if its set up by an Admin.
salam
i know but i want an actual genuine app provided by IB forum so everything is properly organised and looks good
wasalam

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 04:58 AM
very good idea!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
06-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Yup me like the idea too usually I use the smartphone browser to view Islamic board.

Qurratul Ayn
06-09-2012, 10:02 AM
:bump1:

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-09-2012, 10:33 AM
It should be open-source. :statisfie

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't think I would ever get of the forum if it had an app lol

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-09-2012, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
I don't think I would ever get of the forum if it had an app lol
^ Then it's better LI doesn't get one. :p

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 12:50 PM
That's not very nice..... imsad

glo
06-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Will it work on my old Nokia phone from 2005? ;D

Attachment 4913

Pure Purple
06-09-2012, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Will it work on my old Nokia phone from 2005?
Nokia company still producing these phone.?Must be available in museum in a showcase.Title:Our ancestors used these cell phones.;D

glo
06-09-2012, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple

Nokia company still producing these phone.?Must be available in museum in a showcase.Title:Our ancestors used these cell phones.;D
The probably don't produce them anymore, but I still have mine from back then. It's still working, so why get a new one?

I'm still cool :coolious: ... aren't I :giggling:

Dagless
06-09-2012, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
Tapatalk is great and free to use for the forum. It was suggested in a few previous threads too.

Txyib
06-09-2012, 04:23 PM
salaam
hey listen up guys i am suggesting this only because the webpage would be easier to use for other members as well as we can stay on it 24/7 (haafizah) so the more we can leant and teach knowledge to others,abit like a facebook app oh and what would be great is if the site had a instant messaging toolbar so we could instantly recieve a reply rather than waiting for the recipient to reply abit like FaceBook Chat
wasalam

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Tapatalk is great and free to use for the forum. It was suggested in a few previous threads too.
How does this app work? *goes to download it*

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 04:31 PM
1) It's not free on Android
2) It looks nasty!

AabiruSabeel
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by tayib786
what would be great is if the site had a instant messaging toolbar so we could instantly recieve a reply rather than waiting for the recipient to reply
Do you mean something that gives you automated replies instead of waiting for the recipient to reply?

Muhammad
06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by tayib786
hey listen up guys i am suggesting this only because the webpage would be easier to use for other members as well as we can stay on it 24/7 (haafizah) so the more we can leant and teach knowledge to others,abit like a facebook app oh and what would be great is if the site had a instant messaging toolbar so we could instantly recieve a reply rather than waiting for the recipient to reply abit like FaceBook Chat
wasalam
There is something very important for us to reflect on, which is the reason we use forums like this and how much it is really benefitting us. It is shaytan's aim to prevent us from doing any good deed. If shaytan gives up hope in a person commiting shirk, bid'ah, major sins and then minor sins, he distracts him from doing recommendable deeds with indulgence in lawful things and engages him with matters that are of no concern to him. So we have to question ourselves as to whether we really use the forum to learn or teach knowledge, or if this is something expressed in words only. I think for most of us, we could be doing far more beneficial things and in terms of gaining knowledge, a forum is generally not a good place to start. It is in our best interests not to spend too much time here and therefore getting an app to be on here 24/7 is not a good idea in my opinion. Let us ask Allaah (swt) to put blessing in our time and to give us the ability to use our time wisely before it is all used up, and to protect us from falling prey to the tricks of shaytan and to protect us from all obstacles in earning His pleasure, Aameen.

~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 05:45 PM
MashaAllaah excellent reply brother Muhammad. This is one of the reasons why you are an Admin!

Dagless
06-09-2012, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
1) It's not free on Android
2) It looks nasty!
1) I mean it's free to get the forum listed on there/free plugin.
2) It's functional.

Endymion
06-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't have any such problem as i don't have smart phone :D Im just surprise how i automatically switch to on line mode :skeleton:

Txyib
06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:wa:

There is something very important for us to reflect on, which is the reason we use forums like this and how much it is really benefitting us. It is shaytan's aim to prevent us from doing any good deed. If shaytan gives up hope in a person commiting shirk, bid'ah, major sins and then minor sins, he distracts him from doing recommendable deeds with indulgence in lawful things and engages him with matters that are of no concern to him. So we have to question ourselves as to whether we really use the forum to learn or teach knowledge, or if this is something expressed in words only. I think for most of us, we could be doing far more beneficial things and in terms of gaining knowledge, a forum is generally not a good place to start. It is in our best interests not to spend too much time here and therefore getting an app to be on here 24/7 is not a good idea in my opinion. Let us ask Allaah (swt) to put blessing in our time and to give us the ability to use our time wisely before it is all used up, and to protect us from falling prey to the tricks of shaytan and to protect us from all obstacles in earning His pleasure, Aameen.
salaam brother
i know what you trying to say but wont it good if we only talk about Islamic knowledge and help others,is that not right,imagine about it,a brother or sister has a question and are busy they will wait every instance to receive a reply instantly don't you think,so a instant messaging feature would be ideal in my case .is it not good if a member receives an Instant reply and preaches to others wont that get us more thawaab.ok if not 24/7 we could have set times and limits
wasalam

~ Sabr ~
06-11-2012, 08:13 PM
:wasalamex

But brother tayib, we are not scholars that can give an urgent answer, anything urgent should be asked to a scholar our local Imaam.

muslimdeen
06-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Salam,
Having an app for android and apple is a good idea in my opinion because using the forum from an android/apple device is a lot more accessible than using a computer/laptop. I do share the same thoughts as brother Muhammad about shaitan tricking us into getting our priorities mixed up. However I also agree with brother Tayib that an app would make it easier for members to access the forums.
I feel like it really depends on the person using the app to either be on 24/7 or not. Just as many of us have Facebook apps on our phones but aren't necessarily on it all the time. However, ever since ive joined, few days ago, I haven't used the forum from a computer because a phone is a lot more convenient and an app would be more compatible than the mobile site.
It may become more tempting for some of us to stay off the app, but in a lot of ways it would be beneficial as well.
As far as questions are concerned, we may not be scholars or muftis but many times members are looking for advice or support in addition to other more serious Islamic topics.

I think if an app can be easily developed than we should go for it, but if it has too many obstacles than maybe things should just remain how they are. Maybe a poll should be conducted to see how the majority of the members feel about the matter.

W/salam

Txyib
06-14-2012, 06:21 PM
salaam
thank you sis! for agreeing with me
here is the link for the webpage developers to try out
it shows you how to create a forum along with how to start creating a basic app on devices like apple and android
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/create-...coding-skills/
yay!
wasalam

~ Sabr ~
06-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I still agree with brother Muhammad

Txyib
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
salaam
well i do to but this is just a SUGGESTION
wasalam

~ Sabr ~
06-15-2012, 08:50 AM
^ Which has been refused by the admin, so why are we still persuing this?!

:salamext:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!