/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Banner Ads

PouringRain
06-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Just a quick and curious question. When I was here before then there was a place to report inappropriate ads that showed up so that they could be blocked (or something). Is anyone still doing that, or is that no longer an option? Most of the current ads I see are Islamic, but on the main forum page I keep having a "meet hot singles" type of ad come up with pictures of loosey-goosey girls on it. I am really not interested in meeting hot singles, and I am equally not interested in looking at girls every time I come to the forum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
06-09-2012, 05:00 AM
:salamext:

Please see this post:

http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...ml#post1497880

PouringRain
06-09-2012, 06:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
Thanks. I suppose that next time it shows up I can try and figure out what site it is and then PM it to Beardo to filter out.

I disagree with the user from that thread who suggested that the ads coincide with what sites you visit the most, and then gave the example of gardening sites. I disagree, because I do not visit any singles websites, nor hot girl websites, nor matrimonial sites, nor anything of that nature! I was complaining to my mom one day about always seeing "hot girl" advertisements and she said that she gets the "hot guy" ads. I asked her how come I don't get the hot guy ads! (Not that I want those either. It is just the point that for some reason I get "hot girls" instead of "hot guys." They must think I am male or something.)

PouringRain
06-09-2012, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
They must think I am male or something.
Case in point.... now I am getting truck advertisements. Dodge Ram.... at least it is not offensive! But seriously.... if it is true that they base preferences off of websites visited, then I need to start visiting a bunch of female clothing websites or something. ^o)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!