/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and Extraterrestrials

BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 03:36 AM
I apologize for the stupidity of my question beforehand but i admit it gets your brain thinking and its a very interesting topic.

I just got back form watching the movie Prometheus (nice scifi film about aliens). And i had a very dumb but kinda relevant spark on wisdom/insanity (they are closely related unlike common thought). What is the Islamic or any religious view of extraterrestrials? What if they are intelligent like us with souls? What if they are just humans on a different planet simply?
I do not think God in his infinite wisdom would throw a couple trillion humans on a planet and create a universe that has a mere speck like us as the only living being on it. It is an immortal and infinite universe we live in after all. I personally dont believe any creature outside of this planet will be intelligent though, i would view it as just an animal. But you have some people who say "there is intelligent life out there". History is FILLED with stories of flying saucers and what not and men in "metallic leather armor" coming out of them.
Olympus the home of the Greek gods was said to be a giant disk with fire underneath it that flew. Not like the movies you see. It was a giant disk that flew that show fire form underneath it and they were never actually quoted as literal gods. They just called them Titans or Olympians in old text. Beings who came from the sky etc etc and that junk.
Do you think that if there was intelligent life outside of this earth that god sent prophets to those planets? I myself would find this likely because the Bible only concerns our salvation and is not a full history book of everything god created or has done. I am not sure if Muslims hold the same thinking towards the Quran. God cannot explain every detail of this universe because it has no end. You cannot explain the immortal to a mortal because all prophets are mortal. I also would not be surprised if the mere stories of aliens are nothing but demons or djin. But the issue is the stories regarding them are quite physical and not paranormal or spiritual. According to the Xingu (Amazonians) giants in the "mouths" of flying metal birds came to them in big suits and showed them how to cut stones with magic. To this day there are stones in the Amazon that are so fine edge will cut you if you lean against them. They are LASER straight and are made of granites that cannot be cut so easily by modern technology.

But do any Muslims believe that intelligent or any form of life exist outside of this earth? Explain your reasoning behind your personal belief. I do not deny the plausible assumption that life exist elsewhere. It is better to say "it can or it cannot be" then say "that is not true because i say so".

I dont mean to offend anyone here or sound like a UFO conspiracy loser. But I am open to anyones theories as long as they have a theory with some facts in it. So dazzle me with your personal beliefs as I am all ears (and mouth) :statisfie .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Imaduddin
06-10-2012, 02:57 PM
The Qur'an speaks of only Humans and Jinn being the only intelligent creatures in this universe and namely on earth. Islam does not speak of any extraterrestrial life forms in other planets. However, if there are, then as one Scholar said once, we should just be friendly to them, greet them with Salam and make Dawah to them (call them to Islam) lol ;D

Whether there are or not, Allah knows best, however, if there are or are not it wouldn't affect us nor the teachings of Islam.

dqsunday
06-10-2012, 09:18 PM
If there are aliens/extraterrestials out there, then Allah created them too, he is the Lord of the Worlds.

Al-Mufarridun
06-10-2012, 09:52 PM
:sl:

I've thought about this a while back and the conclusion i've arrived at is this;

The only intelligent beings in our universe(1st heaven) that we, in Islam, know of are;

1. Angels
2. Humans
3. Jinns - other intelligent beings who share earth with us and have free-will

Jinns were created before Humans and lived on earth before us. They are created from smoke less fire, they are of different types and have far more physical capabilities that humans don't. They can take shapes, travel fast, and since they've been created x-number of years before us, their technology is far more advanced. The Quran and Ahadeeth mention their travels to outer-space. From an Islamic point of view, most of the sightings of UFO's and similar things are probably the works of Jinns.

Now are there other intelligent beings in our universe, we can't say no or yes, only Allah(swt) knows best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BadOlPuttyTat
06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
:sl:

I've thought about this a while back and the conclusion i've arrived at is this;

The only intelligent beings in our universe(1st heaven) that we, in Islam, know of are;

1. Angels
2. Humans
3. Jinns - other intelligent beings who share earth with us and have free-will

Jinns were created before Humans and lived on earth before us. They are created from smoke less fire, they are of different types and have far more physical capabilities that humans don't. They can take shapes, travel fast, and since they've been created x-number of years before us, their technology is far more advanced. The Quran and Ahadeeth mention their travels to outer-space. From an Islamic point of view, most of the sightings of UFO's and similar things are probably the works of Jinns.

Now are there other intelligent beings in our universe, we can't say no or yes, only Allah(swt) knows best.
Well that has been a main issue. The fact that these "men of the heavens" are depicted as giants and very physical. This is a normal depiction of Angels regarding the Nephilim. The fallen angels who went against god according to the Bible who procreated with us humans. The Bible makes a bit more sense out of it although for me the Quran leaves it a bit more blank. Because people were not seeing smokeless fire and I do not know if Djinn take physical form.
Greeks were not very spiritual and there are no actual records regarding them ever worshiping the "Olympians" just fables and fictional literature. It is why they never called them gods regarding a status of worship.

Al-Mufarridun
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreakOffALeash

Well that has been a main issue. The fact that these "men of the heavens" are depicted as giants and very physical. This is a normal depiction of Angels regarding the Nephilim. The fallen angels who went against god according to the Bible who procreated with us humans. The Bible makes a bit more sense out of it although for me the Quran leaves it a bit more blank. Because people were not seeing smokeless fire and I do not know if Djinn take physical form.
Greeks were not very spiritual and there are no actual records regarding them ever worshiping the "Olympians" just fables and fictional literature. It is why they never called them gods regarding a status of worship.
With respect to Fallen Angels and the bible vs. Quran, well one point of difference is that since Angels don't possess free-will, and can't disobey the commands of their Lord, how could they have repelled against Him? The Jinn have physical forms, it is just that we can't see them in their original forms, like wise, the Angels who are made of Light have their own physical forms, but we can't see them.

Scimitar
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Aliens are Jinn taking form... not their real form, as that remains invisible to us.

There are many type of jinn. Ones that are bound to a place, ones that crawl, ones that walk and ones that fly...

Ibn Abbas (ra reported:
"Two thousand years before (mankind) was created, there were Jinn on (the Earth), and they caused corruption on it and shed blood. Then Allah sent against them a troop of Angels who beat them and cast them away to islands in the seas. So, when Allah said: I am placing (mankind) generations after generations on Earth, They (the Angels) said, Will You place therein one who will cause corruption and shed blood? (Al Baqarah, 2:30), [That is: Just as those Jinn did??] Then Allah said: I know that which you do not know.??

Al-Hakim said:

We can not ordinarily see the Jinn, unless they take a material form, which is usually in an unpleasant or ugly form such as a snake or a black dog, as opposed to angels who take pleasant and handsome forms. They can also take a human form. For example: In the battle of Badr, a kind of Jinn known as Ibliss, assumed the form of a man named Suraqah Ibn Malik, and urged the disbelievers to move forward to the battle, saying: "There is none who can overcome you today?"

Quran 8:48
Then Allah sent the Angel Jibreel against him and when Ibliss saw him, he cried out to the disbelievers: I have nothing to do with you ! I see that which you do not see ! I fear Allah, and Allah is severe in retribution, and then he fled.

The Prophet Muhammed (saws) said:
"There are 3 types of Jinn; One type flies through the air, another type consists of snakes and dogs. A third is based in one place but travels about." Tabarani and Buhaqi

Jinni: Is a term used by the Arabs to refer to one Jinn.

The 3 types of Jinn are as follows:

1 Amir: (Resident Jinn) used to mean that he is one of those who lives with people.

2 Shaytan: Used for a Jinni who is malicious and has become wicked.

3 Ifrit: Used for a Jinni who is stronger and more powerful than a Shaytan.

with regard to Jinn who fly, I found this hadeeth last year from Baab fil Nujoom (book of stars) by Bukhari.

"Allah created these stars for three purposes: To adorn the heavens, to stone the devils and as signs by which to navigate. Whosever seeks seeks anything more in them is mistaken and does not benefit from them,and is wasting his time and effort on something of which he has no knowledge." [2/240]

This is a clear indication that these jinn fly around space... In Ibn Taymiyyahs essay on the Jinn, he mentions that the jinn who were in cahoots with sahirs (Magicians) would often ask the Jinn to get information for them about the future. The Jinn would fly to the border of heaven and listen to the conversations of the angels, and then they would come back to the sahir (magician) and report back 99 lies with one truth from what they heard. The gates of heaven were fortified in the time of Muhammad pbuh, and since then, the angels have been pelting the jinn who try to get information from heaven and bring it back to earth for their magicians. The jinns literally risk their lives in this endeavour.

According to my own studies, (which I add, should be taken with a large dose of salt - since I'm not qualified to study) the Mayans were big practitioners of magic and offered blood sacrifices to their "gods" who were the jinn. These Jinn then taught them all sorts of fantastic things, the main testament to this which has survived til today is the Mayan calender - which makes a BIG hoo haa out of the year 2012...

... Now here is the BIG DOSE OF SALT comment from me: I believe that the calender stopped ath December 2012 because this is the last piece of information that the Jinn could ascertain, anything beyond this date - the jinn have no knowledge about.

Small wonder why the global elite have engineered world wide hysteria surrounding this year 2012? This is their only chance to go "ALL OUT" in an intellectual assault which is designed to make you lose faith in God and believe that aliens are coming in order to give you the knowledge of the truth (which is a lie) - the truth they are going to propagate is that Aliens are coming to take us back home, to the mother planet.

To make this seem real, they have technologies which are pretty convincing. For example, they have HAARP, which can tear the sky asunder - and they also have BlueBeam, a holographic masterpiece that will throw a light show up in space the likes of which will have to be seen to be believed... and the sad thing is, many will believe it. That's just two things I have mentioned, there are more...

Chasing up these technologies is pretty easy to do. Understanding the scope in which they can be used takes a little contemplation though.

All I know is, the world has progressed far too swiftly with regard to technology, in the past 150 years. Way too fast. Interesting times we find ourselves living in - that's an old chinese proverb that doubles up as a curse...

Scimi

Perseveranze
06-11-2012, 02:00 AM
I think it was AC that wrote this, might aswell share it here;

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Allah it is who hath created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. The commandment cometh down among them slowly, that ye may know that Allah is Able to do all things, and that Allah surroundeth all things in knowledge. [Quran 65:12]

Assuredly the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind; but most of mankind know not. [Quran 40:57]

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the living creatures that He has scattered through them: and He has power to gather them together when He wills. [Quran 42:49]

We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their ownselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Quran) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things? [Quran 41:53]

''The case of Ibn-e-Abbas is interesting.He was one of the Companions of the Prophet (pbuh).The Prophet (pbuh) had prayed to God specially to endow Ibn-e-Abbas(73) with knowledge of the Quran,and he became one of the great scholars of the Quran.Maulana Maududi writing in his Tafhim-ul-Quran,tells us that,"Ibn-e-Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him)...believed with confidence that there are many more earth-like bodies in the heavens. ...He not only thought that such earths are inhabited by intelligent beings but also that their people are exactly like the inhabitants on the Earth.He even went so far as to say that they may have a Prophet like Muhammad (pbuh),and had a Adam,like our Adam,a Noah,like our Noah,an Ibrahim like our Ibrahim,and a Jesus like our Jesus (pbut)." (74) The knowledge of the existence of aliens and that they are mentioned in the Quran, has been present among Muslims from the earliest days of Islam!''

References:

73.Ibn-e-Abbas- a short biographical note
74.Maududi,Abul Ala.Tahfhim-ul-Quran.

Imam Ghazali

Bashir-ud-Din Mahmood writes,"The idea that there is life elsewhere in the universe also,was derived from the Prophet of Allah (pbuh) when he told Muslims,"When you sit down in the prayer for the Attahiyat and say: "Peace be upon us,and the righteous servants of Allah" you actually send peace on all the righteous people living on the Earth and in the heavens."This clearly implies that all type of people,good and bad live in the other worlds as they live on our Earth." (71) He also writes,with reference to the Rasial Imam Ghazali,"According to Imam Muhammad Ghazali (11th Century),people in some of these planetary worlds have learnt to travel and communicate with each other." (72)

References:

71.Ref:Mahmood,Bashir-ud-din.Doomsday and Life After Death.Chapter 18,
71.Sub-heading:Life in Other Worlds.
72.Ref:Mahmood,Bashir-ud-din.Doomsday and Life After Death.Chapter 18,

Interesting... Allah Knows best in the end.

Generally speaking, Islam's position is neutral on it.

dysphoricrocker
06-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Wow brother Scimi, that was a comprehensive and informative post. Thank you for that.

Darth Ultor
06-11-2012, 03:36 AM
That'll be great seeing hutts or Wookiees making Hajj.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-12-2012, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
That'll be great seeing hutts or Wookiees making Hajj.
Intergalactic islam? Look who is talking Darth!
I guess this means you cannot use the force or darkside because it is off a different religion ;D . The sheer thought of stormtroopers, Wookies and Jabba the Hutt doing salah is now making me laugh so hard I cant write properly.
I am crying form laughter, ill be back to have a word with you after I wipe the tears off my keyboard.

~ Sabr ~
06-12-2012, 06:09 AM
I knew as I saw the title that this would be a thread by FOAL.

I heard in a lecture once that we don't know if any aliens, but if we every do meet them, we will just give them dawah and invite them to Islam.

Why worry about useless things in life that will not benefit you?

Muhaba
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
we believe that the jinn exist. They are another creation made of fire. They are invisible to us but can makethemselves visible. they can change form and can take any form they like, so you might see them in the form of a cat or a shrub, etc. They can fly to great heights. they can even go into space, and they try to hear what the angels talk about, which is why at the time of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) when the Quran was being revealed, they would be shot at when they went to hear what the angels were saying.
Since the Jinn exist and they can take other shapes and can fly into space, UFOs may actually be them. And Allah knows best whether aliens exist or are they just jinn.

Chapter 72,Al-jinn talks about them:

Say, [O Muhammad], "It has been revealed to me that a group of the jinn listened and said, 'Indeed, we have heard an amazing Qur'an.

It guides to the right course, and we have believed in it. And we will never associate with our Lord anyone.

And [it teaches] that exalted is the nobleness of our Lord; He has not taken a wife or a son

And that our foolish one has been saying about Allah an excessive transgression.

And we had thought that mankind and the jinn would never speak about Allah a lie.

And there were men from mankind who sought refuge in men from the jinn, so they [only] increased them in burden.

And they had thought, as you thought, that Allah would never send anyone [as a messenger].

And we have sought [to reach] the heaven but found it filled with powerful guards and burning flames.

And we used to sit therein in positions for hearing, but whoever listens now will find a burning flame lying in wait for him.

And we do not know [therefore] whether evil is intended for those on earth or whether their Lord intends for them a right course.

And among us are the righteous, and among us are [others] not so; we were [of] divided ways.

And we have become certain that we will never cause failure to Allah upon earth, nor can we escape Him by flight.

And when we heard the guidance, we believed in it. And whoever believes in his Lord will not fear deprivation or burden.

And among us are Muslims [in submission to Allah ], and among us are the unjust. And whoever has become Muslim - those have sought out the right course.

But as for the unjust, they will be, for Hell, firewood.'

And [ Allah revealed] that if they had remained straight on the way, We would have given them abundant provision

So We might test them therein. And whoever turns away from the remembrance of his Lord He will put into arduous punishment.

And [He revealed] that the masjids are for Allah , so do not invoke with Allah anyone.

And that when the Servant of Allah stood up supplicating Him, they almost became about him a compacted mass."

Say, [O Muhammad], "I only invoke my Lord and do not associate with Him anyone."

Say, "Indeed, I do not possess for you [the power of] harm or right direction."

Say, "Indeed, there will never protect me from Allah anyone [if I should disobey], nor will I find in other than Him a refuge.

But [I have for you] only notification from Allah , and His messages." And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger - then indeed, for him is the fire of Hell; they will abide therein forever.

[The disbelievers continue] until, when they see that which they are promised, then they will know who is weaker in helpers and less in number.

Say, "I do not know if what you are promised is near or if my Lord will grant for it a [long] period."

[He is] Knower of the unseen, and He does not disclose His [knowledge of the] unseen to anyone

Except whom He has approved of messengers, and indeed, He sends before each messenger and behind him observers

That he may know that they have conveyed the messages of their Lord; and He has encompassed whatever is with them and has enumerated all things in number.

Imaduddin
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

I heard in a lecture once that we don't know if any aliens, but if we every do meet them, we will just give them dawah and invite them to Islam.

That must have been a lecture by Shaykh Hassan Ali (The world of the unseen). That's where I heard it from.

Muhaba
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I wanted to add that in Surah Talaq (chapter 65, verse 12) it is written:

It is Allah who has created seven heavens and of the earth, the like of them. [His] command descends among them so you may know that Allah is over all things competent and that Allah has encompassed all things in knowledge.

in the commentary of this verse, Abdullah Bin Abbas said that there were other planets in the universe with life on it, just like on earth, and Prophets and Holy Books were sent to them, etc.

so i guess that means that extraterrestrail beings may exist.

BadOlPuttyTat
06-12-2012, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah

Woman have you even SEEN War of the Worlds? ^o) . I am not going to be killed by no silly alien using me as fertilizer, that's all Ill say. But You must admit this is a good question because sooner or later in 60 years space travel will become more and more common.

~ Sabr ~
06-12-2012, 03:51 PM
BRO (just cause that annoys you), I don't need to see it. We imagine things as something else, whilst in reality they are something else. e.g. everyone thought the earth was flat but when they got into space, it was round. Maybe it will be same with aliens. Maybe we are imagining them as something else but in reality maybe (if they exist) they will be better than us.

And Allaah Knows Best

Mustafa2012
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
There are types of Jinn that can take human as well as other forms which do not resemble humans. There also some that can fly and cover huge distances in a very short space of time like that mentioned in The Qur'aan in Surah Al Naml 27: 38-40 when Prophet Sulamaan asked his people who can bring him the throne of Queen Saba or Sheba all the way from Yemen which was a huge distance to travel at the time. One of the Jinn known as an Ifreet said he can bring it to him before he rises from his place.

38. He said: "O chiefs! Which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me surrendering themselves in obedience?"

39. An Ifrit (strong) from the jinns said: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place (council). And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work."

40. One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" then when [Sulaiman (Solomon)] saw it placed before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his ownself, and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his ownself). Certainly! My Lord is Rich (Free of all wants), Bountiful."
To non-Muslims any creation besides human beings are referred to as ghosts, aliens, shape-shifters, UFO's etc. but from an Islamic point of view there are only the following types of creation:

1. Jinn - Made from smokeless fire. Good and evil, Muslim and Non-muslim.
2. Angels - Made from light. Can take human form. They do not disobey Allaah and do as He has commanded them.
3. Mankind - Self explanatory.
4. There is another type of creation mentioned in Surah 16:8 :

8. And (He has created) horses, mules and donkeys, for you to ride and as an adornment. And He creates (other) things of which you have no knowledge.
Whatever doesn't fit into the first 3 categories will most likely fit into this 4th category.

So everything besides Mankind and Angels falls into the category of either Jinns or this 4th category which is unknown to us. This means that ghosts, aliens, shape-shifters, UFO's fall into the category of Jinns or the 4th category which is unknown to us.

In several hadeetih/narrations of the Prophet Muhammad it was reported that Angels can also take the form of man and they have done so to test them or convey glad tidings to Prophets and others.

One of the tricks that Jinns and sorcerers play play is to pretend to claim that they can communicate with dead people. They trick them by telling them facts about the dead person and the living relative or partner that only they could have known and no one else.

However this knowledge is obtained as there is a Jinn is assigned to each person to try to mis-lead them throughout their lifetime. This Jinn keeps records of everything each person does and then passes it on to other Jinn who ask for it. This is how they know confidential info about a persons past that no one else could have known. Jinn are known to live several hundreds of years so they can know confidential information going back several generations.

This is a big scam/fraud deception and a big money making business.

No Jinn or sorcerer knows the knowledge of the future as they falsely claim. This is proven in the Qur'an in Surah Saba 34 verse 14

Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaiman (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinns) of his death except a little worm of the earth, which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick, so when he fell down, the jinns saw clearly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment.
When Prophet Sulaymaan died, he was sitting on his throne and leaning on his staff. No one knew he had died The Jinn who were commanded to serve him in his time continued to serve him not knowing he had died.

It was only after a little worm who chewed on the staff of Prophet Sulaymaan (peace be upon him) and caused him to drop and fall down to reveal that he had died, that the Jinn became aware that he had died.

If they knew the knowledge of the unseen surely they would have known he had died before the worm chewed on his staff and caused him to fall down.

This is proof to refute anyone out there that thinks that a sorcerer or a Jinn knows the future or the unseen.

dusk
09-21-2012, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BadOlPuttyTat
I personally dont believe any creature outside of this planet will be intelligent though, i would view it as just an animal. But you have some people who say "there is intelligent life out there".
It is simple chance. If there is some form of life on any planet anywhere, it would only depend on when you come by and watch them/it. The chances that you'd catch them exactly in a similar development stage as we are now are pretty darn slim. More than likely they are either way below, possibly not much more intelligent than insects today or way ahead and regard us as no brighter than a house pet that you could teach some tricks.
Most religions assume there will be some kind of apocalypse and the world isn't very old but if that is not the case it is fairly straight forward how to project what will become of us in a few hundred thousand years unless we go extinct. I guess the possibility of only finding traces of extinct higher culture is quite likely too. But project a few hundred or thousand years into the future transhumanist will eventually win out. People will use science not only to make life easier but also to make themselves better and smarter and in response the intellect will grow by a lot.
The same way the scientific methode removed bias from peoples research and finally managed to quickly find lasting objective truths with which we got all the fast technological advances in the last 2 centuries, there will be a fast advancing of ourselves or beings made by us. Imagine what the world would look like if everyone on earth had the philosophical wisdom of the brightest among us and receive the necessary education. If what is now called an IQ of 160, would become the new 100; ergo the middle ground.

Now you fly to some planet anywhere in a solar system that might be a billion years younger or older than ours. How big are the chances to finding anything remotely on the development stage that we currently are +/- 2000 years. It is a really small window.

Science fiction movies always have human like folks in them because it is awfully hard to find actors for real extraterrestrials. ;) It is not really reasonable though that when they go through wormholes in the tv series Stargate that they actually meat other humans that even speak English. How convenient.:p
format_quote Originally Posted by BadOlPuttyTat
Do you think that if there was intelligent life outside of this earth that god sent prophets to those planets?
Doesn't seem to be his strategy. Just look at our planet. How many prophets do we have and how well does it match in different parts of the world?

Scimitar
09-21-2012, 03:28 PM
"Say: None in the heavens nor the earth know the Unseen, Except Allah" - Surah Al Naml 29:65

format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa2012
This is proof to refute anyone out there that thinks that a sorcerer or a Jinn knows the future or the unseen.
Bukhari wrote in his book, Baab f'il Nujoom "Qataadah said (that the Prophet pbuh said), Allah has created these stars (stars, planets, comets, asteroids and other masses in space) for 3 purposes: To Adorn the Heavens, To Stone the Devils, and as Signs by which to Navigate. Whoever seeks anything else in them is mistaken and does not benefit from them, and he is wasting his time and effort in seeking something of which he has no knowledge" - Baab f'il Nujoom (Book of Stars) Chapter 2, Hadeeth no. 240.

Scimi

CosmicPathos
09-21-2012, 03:54 PM
no scientific evidence whatsoever that et life exists. and that is islamic view, it goes with what science says.

Independent
09-21-2012, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
no scientific evidence whatsoever that et life exists. and that is islamic view, it goes with what science says.
No proof yet perhaps, although to be consistent with scientific thinking you might take another view - ie that it's very likely that life does exist elsewhere. Excitingly, this year the number of direct sightings of planets in the 'Goldilocks zone' (ie the right distance from the sun for life supporting atmosphere etc) has increased to over 100, making it possible that there could be 500 million more in the Milky Way alone.

In fact we may get direct evidence of life any day from now, if the Mars Rover 'Curiosity' vehicle gets lucky. (Although this would probably only be microbial).

dusk
09-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Knowing how many planets there are which could potentially sustain life the same way ours does is evidence. Given the chances it would be rather unlikely that there is no life on any other planet.
The chances of there being extraterrestrial life are a lot higher than what historians generally consider satisfying for being considered evidence.

Mustafa2012
09-23-2012, 12:52 AM
That depends on how you define extra terrestrial life.

For e.g. We know that Jinn exist because it is mentioned in The Qur'aan as another creation which exists alongside us.

However we cannot see them in the original form unless they change form to humans or animals etc.

Now they can take all different kinds of forms that humans are not used to seeing.

In this case they could be classified as aliens if they are/were seen by people because we are not familiar with their form.

We know that the Jinn have the ability to travel all the way up to the stars to try to listen to what is being spoken in the lowest heavens (Surah Al Saafaat). If so, then can we classify them as extra terrestrial because they can travel outside of our world?

We know little about their full capabilities and technology however I am very sure that most of the accounts of UFO's, aliens etc. are all various forms of Jinn.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!