/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help with ikhfa

nutty
06-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Asslamun alaikum

I need help with pronoucing ikhfa...for some reason i block my throat nd rise my tongue..i know i should the throat has to be open and the tongue has to be flat but i cant do it for sum reason ..... i cant do ikhfa without closing my throat...i need tips plz

jazak-Allaah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-manar
06-24-2012, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
Asslamun alaikum

I need help with pronoucing ikhfa...for some reason i block my throat nd rise my tongue..i know i should the throat has to be open and the tongue has to be flat but i cant do it for sum reason ..... i cant do ikhfa without closing my throat...i need tips plz

jazak-Allaah
peace.

I guess your problem is that you try to produce the sound (kh) from a deeper position in the throat than it should be ..

do you have a problem pronuncing the voice (kh) alone?

if not,what if you try to pronounce E instead of I .... Ekhfa?

nutty
06-24-2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Al-manar;1527611]peace.

do you have a problem pronuncing the voice (kh) alone? no

if not,what if you try to pronounce E instead of I .... Ekhfa?..sorry didnt understand this

Atm i am learning surah lahab...ive been stuck on this for 5 week now..plz make dua

verse 3..naran zaata...i am stuck on the 'ran'..ikhfa rule....for sum reason the back of my tongue blocks my throat and the sound that cums out is 'unnnnnn'...

ive just gone through the alhabets see where else i have the problem and it seems that i do that wid all my letters ...:-(

Al-manar
06-24-2012, 09:27 PM
now I understand your point better (thought you have difficulty pronouncing the word ikhfa)...

believe me when I tell you ,though I'm Arab ... but I had the same of your problem .....

it is solved , I solved it by practice

tried to read "naran dhata lahab" without "saiasla" . till I pronounced it right,then reading them again in context.....

don't let such minor problems to busy,distract your mind from studying more from the Quran ....

I believe you will pronounce it right sooner or later ...just continue to practice....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Ikhfa is simple but it takes a bit of practice to get it down. Focus on touching the makhraj of noon first so you know what you need to get close to when you do ikhfa. Then once you have that down, then practice making the sound where your tongue comes close to, but does not touch, the makhraj of noon. By default the ghunnah sound will come out. Ikhfa is basically pronouncing the noon sound by coming close to the makhraj of noon but not actually touching it, hence 'hiding' the noon.

I'm not sure what you mean by blocking the throat? When you do ikhfa, the sound is supposed to come from the nose hence ghunnah. Also, not sure about tongue laying flat? Tongue isn't supposed to be flat because if it is, then you're not coming close to any makhraj at all, just a blank sound. Rather, raise the tip of it towards the makhraj of noon (as you would normally do) which is slightly behind the front two teeth. Think the makhraj of laam but further back. To come close to touching it, your tongue needs to rise.

Let me know if you need more of an explanation.

Muhammad
06-25-2012, 11:46 AM
:sl:

Have a look at this link in case it's any help Insha'Allaah:

http://www.abouttajweed.com/the-noon...ah-and-ta.html

Ikhfa is basically pronouncing the noon sound by coming close to the makhraj of noon but not actually touching it, hence 'hiding' the noon.
I thought the tongue should be close to the articulation point of the next letter, no?

'Aleena
06-25-2012, 11:53 AM
:wa:
This is confusing. I have been taught to keep the tongue close to the articulation point of noon but the link says it should be close to the makhraj of the next letter. Please, can anyone clarify?

Insaanah
06-25-2012, 01:53 PM

(Hiding here refers to Ikhfaa')

Rule: Hiding (ikhfaa') of Nūn Sākinah and Tanwīn: If Nūn Sākinah or Tanwīn is followed by one of the Hiding letters, then it should be pronounced in a way between Manifestation (iz'haar) and Assimilation (idghaam), with the application of Ghunnah for two counts.

The mechanism of Hiding is critical, and it needs time for the Tajwīd student to perfect. The tongue should be close to, but not at, the articulation point of the Hiding letter during Ghunnah duration. This means that each Hiding letter has its own Ghunnah sound due to the difference of articulation points of hiding letters. It is important to examine your application of this rule orally with your tutor.
مِنكُم

In this example, there is a Nūn Sākinah in the middle of the word, followed by the letter Kāf, a Hiding letter. Do not pronounce the Nūn, i.e. keep the tip of the tongue away from the gum of the upper incisors, instead put your tongue very close to the articulation point of Kāf. Apply Ghunnah for two counts, which is an effect of the hidden Nūn. After these two counts let your tongue pronounces Kāf normally. What you have done means that Nūn Sākinah is hidden, neither merged nor pronounced clearly. This is due to the Kāf, which came after it.
Source:
A Course in Basics of Tajweed, by Omar Saed Asfour, London Open College For Islamic Studies, London.

Don't know if that helps at all.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

I thought the tongue should be close to the articulation point of the next letter, no?
:w:

Yes, but I figured it would be too complicated for someone who's having trouble pronouncing it in the first place since it's more difficult to do. Once they get the basic sound down, then they can build on it.

nutty
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
jazak-Allaah everyone for their help...i tink i got the idea now its just a matter of practicing....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!