/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows how many years it takes to become a scholar?

Ramadan90
06-24-2012, 08:58 PM
:sl:

Does anyone know that and which school is the best to study in? I read that it is compulsory to know arabic and quran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AmirulAsyraf
07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
and how ? like a step by step guide ? what are the first step to take ? All i know is that you must start try to perfect your manners.

Serendipity
07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
And make sure your intentions are right.

Hulk
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I believe many scholars start out with the intention of simply wanting to learn more about their deen and not to become scholars. Learning with the wrong intention might hinder our ability to learn.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AmirulAsyraf
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Intention by simple wanting to know more, i knew that but there is more to it. like spreading islam with the right knowledge, improve your deen, get closer to allah, trying to stop the misuse of violence in islam and also the ability to determine the truth and the false. I just want to know more about my religion and how do i start. By simply asking an imam/sheikh/uztad(singapore term) question by question just isnt the right way to start. In my country, everything is all about money, the price of a small apartment here is equal to the price of a villa in spain, madrasah's fees here is quite costly too. I need guidance in this and how do this sheikh/imam earn their money while studying their religion ? I just dont want to waste my time idling in this world while There are so many people that need our help and no one is reaching to help them. :( I dont want to impress anybody because nobody could reward me better than allah. i need Just guidance. jazallah khairan.

Muwaahid
07-23-2012, 08:15 PM
as-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu...

There are numberous authentic books on how to be a student of knowledge to assist you in your understanding of Islaam. From amongst those is a great book called hilliyatul taalibul ilm by bakr abu zaid and it has even been tranlated into english. I think its called ettiquettes in seeking knowledge. Part and parcel of becoming a student of knowledge which is a noble pursuit is to not only memorise the Qur'aan and a lot of mutoon (small texts books on a variety of topics) from amongst the topics is Aqeedah, Tawheed, Manhaj, Sulook, Lughah, al adab, im sure you are familiar with the 40 hadeeth, bulughal maram, umdaatul ahkham the books of fiqh and usoolu fiqh tafseer and many many more all of this is after you recieve the mercy of Allaah. Start off with something small to memorise like usoolu thalaatha commonly called thalaathatu usool, qawaa'idul arbah, kashf shubuhaat, masaa'il al jahiliyyah al of these books deal with tawheed and what opposes it i.e shirk also aqeedatul wasitiyyah is extremely beneficial to memorise as well well aqeedatul tahaawiyyah and sharh usool al ittiqaad li ahlis sunnah wal jamaa'ah the list goes on and on. Most of the books i mentioned above are already on this webboard. Memorisation is very important in becoming a scholar and understanding the arabic language is very important. To be a scholar is A BLESSING FROM Allaah because by them our deen is preserved and throught them we can be what the prophet (alayhi salam) was upon.

One thing I would like to clarify there is a major difference between a khateeb and daa'ee and a scholar, do not confuse them. Khateeb is one who gives the khutbah and he may posess some knowledge but he is not a scholar. A daa'ee is someone who takes it upon himself to invite pple to Islaam he maybe well versed in comparative religion or he may have read a few books but he himself is not a scholar. A scholar is the greatest of all, he knows more about the religion than he is ignorant of. These individuals have studied and memorised and sat with other real scholars and benefitted tremendously.

fromindiapost
07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
If your essence of learning is eternal u r already a scholar . Its not important whether be a scholar or not.

its most impotant that "the intent of heart is the Will of Almighty - Allah" than every one is blessed

AmirulAsyraf
07-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Jazakallah khairan, ya akhi. Very useful and helpful info. Masha allah, there is so much to learn. Then what about sheikh or mufti ?

ardianto
07-24-2012, 02:26 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by AmirulAsyraf
Then what about sheikh or mufti ?
Originally, Sheikh is Arabic title for honored person in the community. but later it became Arabic "title of honor" for Islamic teacher who has reach senior level, or grand level. This is in Arabia. People in India or Pakistan prefer to call their grand Islamic teacher as Mawlana.

Mufti is Muslim scholar who issue fatawa for ummah. Actually, mufti is position, in example, Mufti of Al-Azhar, Mufti of Egypt, etc. But it can be used as title of honor too, although actually not common.

Both title are not academic title. Students who finish Islamic study are not automaticaly get this title. If they want to get title "Shaykh", they must teach Islamic knowledge to ummah. If they want to become Mufti, they must capable for this position.

User29123
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3

Does anyone know that and which school is the best to study in? I read that it is compulsory to know arabic and quran.
For a Muslim? Where did you hear that?

SBK786
07-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Brother you should think about what area you would want to become a scholar in.

Then try buying some books on the area you have chosen.
May Allah grant you your wish.

​+ ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

ardianto
07-26-2012, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
For a Muslim? Where did you hear that?
The OP is talking about high Islamic study like in Al-Azhar, or Dammaj. It's compulsory to know Arabic and Qur'an if we want to study in those schools.

ardianto
07-26-2012, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SBK786
Brother you should think about what area you would want to become a scholar in.

Then try buying some books on the area you have chosen.
May Allah grant you your wish.

​+ ALLAH KNOWS BEST.
A scholar is not limited by area. Also learn Islamic knowledge only from book without teacher is not suggested.

I think you are talking about khateeb or da'ee, which "know the audience" is very important skill for them.

SBK786
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
A scholar is not limited by area. Also learn Islamic knowledge only from book without teacher is not suggested.

I think you are talking about khateeb or da'ee, which "know the audience" is very important skill for them.
Jazakallah for correcting brother.

And you can ​start

SBK786
07-26-2012, 12:50 PM

Jazakallah Khair for correcting. Also learning Islamic knowledge from a book is a good start. However to get more advanced you should get a teacher.

ardianto
07-26-2012, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SBK786
Jazakallah Khair for correcting. Also learning Islamic knowledge from a book is a good start. However to get more advanced you should get a teacher.
Do not reverse the order. Learning from book is advance, not basic. We should learn from teacher before we can learn from book. And we still need to ask to knowledgeable persons.

Hulk
07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Do not reverse the order. Learning from book is advance, not basic. We should learn from teacher before we can learn from book. And we still need to ask to knowledgeable persons.
If I may add on just a bit akhi. The reason why it is so important to have a teacher is because if we read on our own we are subject to our own interpretations. Which means we are breaching adab. Reading without going through the proper etiquette/procedure/decorum, this is not a small matter because once you confuse yourself you might end up confusing others. Some say "I will accept what I understand and skip what I don't understand." but the problem is that how do we know whether we understand it or not? We might be misunderstanding a text all along for all we know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!