/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are non-muslims considered evil in Islam?

Abraham7
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Is it considered an act of evil to not believe in the Prophet Muhammad and the one God? Are there any general situations where it would not be considered evil?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, evil non-muslims(kafirs) exist as well as kafirs with good hearts. A non-muslim is not evil because he/she is lost.

جوري
06-28-2012, 10:29 PM
This is a very strange question.. People can be good or evil with or without religion.
strong beliefs may influence your behavior but not an indication of goodness..

Abz2000
06-28-2012, 11:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abraham7
Is it considered an act of evil to not believe in the Prophet Muhammad and the one God? Are there any general situations where it would not be considered evil?
people are people, some are guided to the truth and some are astray.
there are people with good traits in every walk of life,
but once you research the facts and come to the realization that the Quran is from Almighty God, and that the Prophet pbuh is His last messenger,
you either accept the truth for what it is or reject it and thus become a true kafir (one who covers).
there are many straying in between that too who are still disbelievers of a different quality.

let me give you an example,
it is almost universally accepted that rape or murder is illegal
if despite the law, someone considers it to be ok, would they not be considered a criminal?
and would the crime be an embodiment of evil?

in the same way, Almighty God sets out a code of conduct for the people of this earth, and those who break those laws are called Al Mujrimun in the Quran, i.e criminals who break the law.

but even among these crimes there are smaller crimes and bigger crimes, and crimes out of heedlessness or good intention.
even believers fall into sins, but we are instructed to repent and come back to the path.

i don't know how else to explain it, maybe someone else can add more.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
06-29-2012, 08:24 AM
No, the ones who are considered evil are those who are unjust, oppressive.

'Abd-al Latif
06-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Heathens!!!

Ahem. Sorry I lost my composure there for a second.

In a nutshell, yes it is among the worst acts of evil. However no non-Muslim is forced to believe in this.

The only exception is if one didn't know about the Prophet Muhammed :saws1:, but that is hardly the case today.

Hulk
06-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Actually, the concept of evil in islam itself can be discussed. What is "evil"?

In Islam we don't necessarily have a "Good VS Evil" thing going on or "God VS Devil".

What we do have is justice and injustice. We also have adab. Which means "etiquette" but the meaning is far deeper than what one might think.

Are non-muslims considered unjust? Well not really but those who know the truth yet reject it is unjust. What is the truth? Well obviously from our perspective the truth is Islam. But how does one see the truth?

If I go up to a non-muslim and I tell him "hey my religion is the truth, do you accept or reject?". Is that presenting him with the truth or just telling him that I have the truth? This is why knowledge/ilm is very important. Only with sound knowledge can we properly present others with the truth. On the receiving hand however what they require is an open heart and some humility.

If someone is arrogant, egoistic, do you think they are willing to admit that what they believe is wrong and what you believe is right?

As muslims however it's not in our place to point out specifically, for example, I go up to a non-muslim and straight up say to him "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL". I can't say that because I simply don't know. He might be guided in the future. One of the arabs during the Prophet's (pbuh) time; Abu Sufyan. It took him years to accept Islam. I don't think anyone came up to him before he converted and said something like "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!".

Abraham7
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Thank you for your answers! This topic is of particular interest to me because it deals with what exactly is considered injustice or evil, and what isn't. Please forgive me if some of the things I say offends the audience. In no way do I intend to discredit Islam or other belief systems.

From what I can gather, the majority of you agree with one another that non-muslims are not discriminately considered evil from Muslims. I hoped this was the belief most of you would adhere to, however there were some differences in opinions. Therefore I will have to address the two different groups separately.

These are generally the summarizations of the majority:
-A non-Muslim is not evil because he/she is lost.
-People can be good or evil with or without religion.
-The ones who are considered evil are those who are unjust, oppressive.
-You either accept the truth for what it is or reject it and thus become a true kafir.
-The breaking of universally accepted laws is injustice.
-Those presented the truth in a meaningful way, and continue to reject it due to arrogance, are committing injustice.

This is the summarization of the minority:
-Yes it is among the worst acts of evil, unless the person does not know of Prophet Muhammad's existence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have another question directly related to this, if none of you mind.
(this is directed to the first group)

If someone rejected Islam, not out of arrogance or any intentional evil, but instead being convinced in there being another truth, are they still considered unjust?

For example, say someone was born a Christian, or perhaps born into an irreligious environment. If they believe in philosophies that differ from Muslims due to their own upbringing and culture, would it still be considered unjust?

Let us assume that his or her reasons for the rejection of Islam is not arrogance, a closed heart, or a lack of information, but instead feels that the information was simply not adequate to convince. Examples of people in this situation may be:
-atheists, who don't agree with some of Islam's views from a logical point of view
-strong believers in science, who reject that which does not have proof
-the faithful in other religions, such as Christianity and Judaism, who believe their religion is the truth (for the same reason Muslims believe Islam is the truth; faith, cultural background, scholarship, etc.)

Does Islam have a sympathetic view for them? Or, like I asked in the question above, are they considered unjust?

Hulk
06-30-2012, 04:29 AM
Bro I believe what abdal latif said is not very different from what the"majority" of us said. Which is why I mentioned the concept of "evil" in Islam. If he had used the word "injustice" instead of "evil" it would have fallen in line with the "majority".

I apologise for not being able to give a long detailed answer but the short answer is.. We must use our intellect. Learn.. gain knowledge. Only then can we make sound decisions. Many atheists reject a belief in God but if you talk to them about their concept of God it is basically "an invisible man in the sky". Which has nothing to do with Islam's belief in God.

They are "convinced" but that doesn't mean they've thought it through. This is why knowledge and humility are very important. Anyway, I gtg!

Abraham7
06-30-2012, 12:17 PM
You are assuming that with intellect, you arrive to the conclusion that Islam is the truth. Whether that in reality is actually reached is not what I want to ask. But in my post above yours, I've already stated that the situation I am asking about is not the one you addressed. The person is convinced, and they have thought it through. They have knowledge about Islam. They do not, as you say, believe Islam is about a man in the sky. Rejecting Islam does not mean the person is incompetent or misunderstanding what it represents, let this be clear. Some fully understand the philosophies of Islam and reject it because of it not convincing them, due to factors I've stated in my post.

The fact of the matter is is that the greatest minds in human history debated the topics of religion. If there was an obvious logical path that leads to Islam, everyone would already be Muslim. Most of the world believes that the path is not so obvious as some claim, which is a contributing reason[but not the only reason] to why we have atheists, irreligious scientists, Christians and Jews, Buddhists and Hindus and Animists. The greatest minds in the world were not religious, I assure you, and to say their intellect was not enough to see the so-called obvious path is to say that nearly no one on Earth has the capacity.

Nonetheless, if you still insist that a lack of intellect is the culprit, then let us add one more assumption to our situation:
The person found all the information he was able to, and analyzed it to the best of his ability. And he was convinced there was another truth.
Please do not label this person as incompetent, arrogant, untruthful, spiritually blind, or any other character flaw that, as I've established in this situation, is simply not the case. Please do make an effort to not ignore that.

What does Islam say about these people? - those who have thought through it with an open heart with clear and thorough intellectual thought, not simply rejecting it because of arrogance or humility or a lack of intellect as you suggested.

جوري
06-30-2012, 03:04 PM
What does Islam say about these people? - those who have thought through it with an open heart with clear and thorough intellectual thought, not simply rejecting it because of arrogance or humility or a lack of intellect as you suggested.
Is it a self-assessment of intellect and open heart? Other parties would have to judge that progression and reasoning no? You can't award yourself a degree in engineering nor can you assess your own IQ, or your own beauty or your bravery or your suffering compared only to self thus rendering the question moot.
The question can only be deemed valid through formal debates & presentations, so you're not looking for validation from an Islamic point of view. If a person reasoned through intellect that Islam isn't the truth, they don't really need the stamp of approval- do they?
It is a weakness in the intellect itself to have made a solid conclusion yet seek constantly to have it validated by the party it set out to disprove.

best,

جوري
06-30-2012, 03:06 PM
an addendum to what I have just written. Simply your assurance that the greatest minds weren't religious is equally null & void for more reasons than anyone cares to count!
Allah SWT didn't set Islam as a judge of character rather as a guidance for mankind.
Imagine yourself wanting to be a doctor, and so you enroll in 'Holistic Medicine' -but no one wants to license or hire you.. you've set out on the right course but you get no recognition. It doesn't seem fair, but everything alludes that if you want to practice conventional medicine you've to do certain steps which you've bypassed reasoning what you've learned is equally valid. You can live a perfectly good life with the path you've chosen with those who agree that the brand of medicine you practice is good and sound. Of course this is merely an analogy.
If the hereafter is the reward and this life is a big exam, then it is best not to waste it going on various byways. But given your free will you are most welcome to. Can't complain at the end when the final result is to your liking, nor can you look around for people to seek approval from, since this isn't a people matter. This is a journey between you and God.
Everyone gets their chance at truth and it is up to them what they do with it. Surely you can conceive that weed grows side by side harvest...but what is cultivated in the end or what is of use in the end..

best,

glo
06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
I have certainly met people like that. Not necessarily with regards to Islam in particular, but with regards to believing in God per se.
Atheists who have said that they wished they COULD believe in God and feel the way believers feel about God, but who - with the best will in the world - could not come to a point where their intellect would allow them to believe in something they could not see, perceive or scientifically demonstrate to exist.

Abraham7
07-01-2012, 07:28 AM
to منوة الخيال
You avoided the question entirely in your first and second post. Please do not concern over why someone would want to know the answer to the question, just answer it. I did not ask it to get approval for something from a religion you assumed I thought of as false. I never stated that the religion was false, nor did I say I wanted to seek approval from it for the sake of being approved by the religion. There is a deeper meaning to the question that you need not know, nor will you.

If someone has an answer to the question, please don't hesitate to give it. So far I have only been met with avoidance, and truthfully it is rather frustrating. Forgive me if I sound aggressive or rude, I just came back from a long trip and I'm tired tonight. It only adds to the stress and frustration.

Abraham7
07-01-2012, 07:35 AM
منوة الخيال
I'm sorry I didn't include this in my previous post. But where did I claim the greatest minds in human history were irreligious? I stated that they debated religion, not necessarily rejecting it.

جوري
07-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Both your questions Abraham were answered. I went back to have a look.
Not having an answer that echoes your points of views doesn't denote you weren't answered.
Q's aren't that difficult, they're philosophical and rhetorical- surely you can conceive that there's not one correct answer!

best,

جوري
07-01-2012, 02:38 PM
The greatest minds in the world were not religious, I assure you
منوة الخيال
I'm sorry I didn't include this in my previous post. But where did I claim the greatest minds in human history were irreligious? I stated that they debated religion, not necessarily rejecting it.
Perhaps it pays to read your own posts, before getting so exasperated on why others perceive them a certain way?

Abraham7
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Um, no. The question has not been answered. Not in terms of whether Islam sees them as unjust. You're simply telling me I shouldn't waste my time with this, but I didn't ask for your opinion. Your analogies mean nothing to me until you have a clearly written statement saying what their purpose is. Telling me that "Everyone gets their chance at truth and it is up to them what they do with it" in no way helps to understand what Islam thinks of someone in the situation I've already described. Nor does your first post, which I found rather offensive.

And about the greatest minds not being religious. I see how it would be a gross interpretation to you. That was my error, I should have said many great minds were not religious, not all. If you thought I was implying that religion and great intellect are not compatible, then you've been mistaken. In fact I'm disappointed most people today don't recognize the contributions Muslims have made to science. I'm also disappointed that you're replying to me with insulting and belittling comments such as "Perhaps it pays to read your own posts, before getting so exasperated on why others perceive them a certain way?" I would appreciate it if this was not the mood we resort to. Like I said before, I don't mean to insult Islam nor its followers. In fact I believe Muslims are some of the most respectable people one can meet.

Any sign of disrespect I conveyed was either unintentional or incorrectly perceived. I don't know if the same can be said about your own posts. But from this point onwards let us not repeat that mistake.

If you truly believe you've answered my question with a clear statement, void of loosely related analogies or cloudy descriptions, that relates to just actions and the situation I described, then please restate it.

Hulk
07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Just because someone claims or even believes that they learned with an "open heart", are "intelligent", "humble" doesn't necessarily mean that they are. Don't you agree?

Even I don't see myself as being someone who is "knowledgable" and neither do many muslims, even teachers.. If you see yourself as "intelligent" then what makes you think you are humble? Being humble is to recognise that you are not knowledgable.

If there was an obvious logical path that leads to Islam, everyone would already be Muslim
Fast food, cigarettes, drugs are "obviously bad". Yet they are popular. You are ignoring that human beings have a different side of themselves that can actually overcome their intellect. In Islam this term is called "nafs", the english word for it I guess is something along the lines of "lowly desires".

The greatest minds in the world were not religious, I assure you, and to say their intellect was not enough to see the so-called obvious path is to say that nearly no one on Earth has the capacity.
If I had said that the only thing that is important is knowledge then you are right, but I also said humility. And just because someone is intelligent doesn't mean they've studied all religions. Even the concept of intelligence in itself can be broken down to the "type" of intelligence.

The person found all the information he was able to, and analyzed it to the best of his ability. And he was convinced there was another truth.
Please do not label this person as incompetent, arrogant, untruthful, spiritually blind, or any other character flaw that, as I've established in this situation, is simply not the case. Please do make an effort to not ignore that.
Isn't it a form of arrogance to think of oneself as not having those flaws? Just because you claim or even think that you are of a particular character doesn't mean that you are.

جوري
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
in a nutshell:
1-Science can't prove or disprove God's existence- so it isn't a player in the way you've presented here. The premise itself is faulty!
2- God doesn't punish a people unless he sends them a messenger whom they reject. See Quranic verses on the matter.. Some people's tests of faith start on the day of recompense.
3- The question of Good or evil isn't left to human judgement
4- People who are good in this world but irreligious find their good deeds in this world as well.

best,

Asiyah3
07-01-2012, 05:23 PM
You are assuming that with intellect, you arrive to the conclusion that Islam is the truth. Whether that in reality is actually reached is not what I want to ask. But in my post above yours, I've already stated that the situation I am asking about is not the one you addressed. The person is convinced, and they have thought it through. They have knowledge about Islam. They do not, as you say, believe Islam is about a man in the sky. Rejecting Islam does not mean the person is incompetent or misunderstanding what it represents, let this be clear. Some fully understand the philosophies of Islam and reject it because of it not convincing them, due to factors I've stated in my post.
Being guided is the greatest blessing. Being clever in philosophy or any other science, or being rich and famous, does not guarantee that the person will be guided. If Allah doesn't want to guide them because of their deeds/hearts, they will not be guided no matter how clever they are.

Look at what the people of Paradise will say (bolded part):

And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury;- beneath them will be rivers flowing;- and they shall say: "Praise be to Allah, who hath guided us to this (felicity): never could we have found guidance, had it not been for the guidance of Allah: indeed it was the truth, that the messengers of our Lord brought unto us." And they shall hear the cry: "Behold! the garden before you! Ye have been made its inheritors, for your deeds (of righteousness)."

“O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you,” (Muslim)

Nonetheless, anyone who sincerely asks Allah, the Guider to be guided, will be inshaAllah guided.

As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good. (Surah al-Ankabut, 29:69)[/QUOTE]

Asiyah3
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Btw, just to make it clear. We don't hate anyone, whether a Christian, Jew or Athiest because of their religion or their faith. We only hate those who oppress the innocent people and make mischief in the lands.

جوري
07-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Um, no. The question has not been answered. Not in terms of whether Islam sees them as unjust.
In fact in the previous page I'd already stated:

format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Allah SWT didn't set Islam as a judge of character rather as a guidance for mankind.
that should be a clear indication that your very premise is faulty.. or perhaps you just can't fathom what is written in a non-linear way?

You're simply telling me I shouldn't waste my time with this, but I didn't ask for your opinion. Your analogies mean nothing to me until you have a clearly written statement saying what their purpose is. Telling me that "Everyone gets their chance at truth and it is up to them what they do with it" in no way helps to understand what Islam thinks of someone in the situation I've already described. Nor does your first post, which I found rather offensive.
As I have stated. Islam is a way of a life, not a judge of character.. I can't help if you have a difficult time understanding basic things. Also, much of what you write is offensive and apologies before hand don't seem to take the edge of. What exactly are you hoping for?

And about the greatest minds not being religious. I see how it would be a gross interpretation to you. That was my error, I should have said many great minds were not religious, not all. If you thought I was implying that religion and great intellect are not compatible, then you've been mistaken. In fact I'm disappointed most people today don't recognize the contributions Muslims have made to science. I'm also disappointed that you're replying to me with insulting and belittling comments such as "Perhaps it pays to read your own posts, before getting so exasperated on why others perceive them a certain way?" I would appreciate it if this was not the mood we resort to. Like I said before, I don't mean to insult Islam nor its followers. In fact I believe Muslims are some of the most respectable people one can meet.
A 'gross interpretation' for me? Should we also be faulted if you can't crystallize what you want to write? Perhaps you should give us choice answers before hand from which we are to choose the one that best suits your needs?
Other than that what you think is compatible or not compatible is inconsequential- If you find what you personally write offensive, then it is prudent to phrase it differently or not write it all together..
Further, how am I 'alleging' when you don't even wish to acknowledge what you'd written as a source of confusion until you're later quoted on it? I don't see what is so offensive about referencing you back to your own post!
It doesn't aggrieve me what non-Muslims think of Islamic contributions to the world... it becomes their problem not mine!

If you truly believe you've answered my question with a clear statement, void of loosely related analogies or cloudy descriptions, that relates to just actions and the situation I described, then please restate it.
See above quote

best,

Abraham7
07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
To Hulk
I didn't say someone is claiming that they have an open heart. This is a hypothetical situation that I'm describing. Whether or not you can trust someone when they say they have an open heart is completely irrelevant to what I'm asking. I'm not saying someone told me they have an open heart. I'm saying if they DO have an open heart. There is a difference.

I stated that there is no obvious path to Islam. I am saying this out of my own personal experience with it and through the conversation with others on the subject. I don't see how you can possibly invalidate my claim here without telling me "I know what is going on in your mind better than you do". There is no obvious path to Islam from what I've seen and from what most of the world has seen. If you choose to ignore what people express and----

Again, you didn't read my entire post. This is a hypothetical situation. Stop trying to argue that the situation does not occur in reality or not. The person is not afraid to face humiliation. This was one of the assumptions. What you are doing is changing the situation, and that is not what I am asking you to do. I am asking you to give me an Islamic perspective of the situation I presented, NOT of an altered version of yours that you believe would be more "realistic".

Again, I don't think you understand what I'm trying to do here. I did not claim to be this person. I did not claim anyone personally to be this person. I'm simply giving you a hypothetical situation, and I'm not here to argue whether this situation can or does occur in real life. I have no problem if your opinion is that the situation I'm telling you can never occur. If you believe non-Muslims are incapable of having an opinion that differs from what Islam says without being arrogant or not willing to humiliate themselves, then please keep this view to yourself. Others may find it offensive, including me. This, to me, is just ethnocentric.

If you cannot follow what I've said above then please refrain from replying further to me. I have no interest in what you have to say if it follows the same pattern.

To منوة الخيال

Thank you for sharing this. I think it is clear now what your agenda is. I came here to have an informative conversation/debate with this community, but I've been greeted with hostility and regret because of the clear belittling you are trying to attempt. You show a clear lack of respect for me and my views. You've said upfront that you hold no value in what "non-Muslims" have to say about Islamic civilization.

You are very arrogant in that you dismissed my apology and my desire to show my appreciation for Muslims and their contribution. You obviously don't care what the rest of the world has to say, or what they think of your culture. Maybe this is why you were so quick to speak with a bad tongue. You're giving yourself as well as your brothers and sisters a bad image.

However you've already made it clear that you show no concern for what other cultures or people think of your own. For all I care you can keep uphold this personal flaw all you want. But I am asking you again, politely and respectfully now, do not reply to me, as I have no desire to have a conversation with you.

Again, what I am asking from you is simple. I have no desire to talk to you unless you put effort into responding with respect and concern for my own views. Otherwise, do not reply at all unless you want to make it clear your goals are not good-willed, to say the least.

To Asiyah3
I think I understand what you're saying. God guides those who he wants to guide. But ultimately, does this mean that those people, who Glo has described on the previous page, that find it difficult to reconcile the conflicting conclusions of their intellect and their emotional desire for there to be truth in religion, are not being guided or helped by God?

Or, in other words, are those who sincerely want to believe in God, but cannot get themselves to do so because of their intellect, are being unassisted by God for their own wrong-doing?

I understand what you're saying completely in your last post. I only wish some in this forum would act as though they, Muslims, are not the center of the world.

جوري
07-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I think it is clear now what your agenda is. I came here to have an informative conversation/debate with this community, but I've been greeted with hostility and regret because of the clear belittling you are trying to attempt. You show a clear lack of respect for me and my views. You've said upfront that you hold no value in what "non-Muslims" have to say about Islamic civilization.
I have no agenda. Logic would dictate that if I did, I wouldn't be spending my time on an Islamic forum, while I could be fishing people such as yourself out on your own 'judeo-christian' forums- don't you agree?
and I see absolutely nothing wrong for having no value of what non-Muslims have to say. Why should I concern myself with something so bourgeois?
Our main purpose as Muslims is to please the creator, not ingratiate ourselves for favorable public opinions.

You are very arrogant in that you dismissed my apology and my desire to show my appreciation for Muslims and their contribution. You obviously don't care what the rest of the world has to say, or what they think of your culture. Maybe this is why you were so quick to speak with a bad tongue. You're giving yourself as well as your brothers and sisters a bad image.
However you've already made it clear that you show no concern for what other cultures or people think of your own. For all I care you can keep uphold this personal flaw all you want. But I am asking you again, politely and respectfully now, do not reply to me, as I have no desire to have a conversation with you.
Again, what I am asking from you is simple. I have no desire to talk to you unless you put effort into responding with respect and concern for my own views. Otherwise, do not reply at all unless you want to make it clear your goals are not good-willed, to say the least.
If you had such a desire, should you not show consistency with it, notice I didn't call you 'arrogant', 'disrespectful' or any host of things you've allowed yourself the freedom to use on me. Your behavior here is entirely bipolar heckle and Jeckle if not getting a pre-packaged set of answers -You're welcome not to read what I write.
What I write is so that I can point out the flaw in you premise, not necessarily intending for you to be the primary recipient of my opinion. I have made up my mind a few posts back on your character and first impressions aren't made with attempts..
best,

Abraham7
07-02-2012, 01:49 AM
For your information, though it may be that science cannot prove the existence of God (loose definition of God is required), it can certainly prove or disprove religions. And excuse me for asking, but do you have a degree in Quantum Physics? I think not. Do not claim what science can or cannot do without knowing what you're talking about. Tell me, what Do you have a degree in, or significant education in, that makes you think you know enough to tell me what science can or cannot prove? Do you have the slightest clue who you're talking to? No, you do not. I find it incredibly ironic how Muslims claim all other religions are false, and even go to the length of "PROVING" they are false, yet deny the idea that Islam can be proven or disproven. Your religion is not unlike others, even if you want it to be. Your religion is not the center of the world, nor are Muslims.

And why do you make the huge jump between "not being able to disprove God" to "not being able to disprove Islam"? God's existence does NOT equate to Islam's validity. I might as well claim that God's existence is a reason for Christianity's validity.

Hulk
07-02-2012, 08:40 AM
I did not claim to be this person. I did not claim anyone personally to be this person.
I never said you were.

The person is not afraid to face humiliation. This was one of the assumptions.
I see we have a different idea of what humility is. As I said, it is recognising that we are not knowledgable. To you, it seems to mean to be "outwardly humiliated".

You are having a problem here because you are trying to create a situation where the "learner" is perfect and that the issue is within the "subject". If I were to ask you, if someone were to study a math textbook and no matter how hard he tries he just can't accept that 1+1=2. Is the fault in the book or in the learner? You are saying that the learner is "free from error". I am telling you that from the Islamic perspective that is not possible because if the learner had been free from error he would have been able to grasp it. Now you are forcing me to answer "What is Islam's view of a perfect learner who cannot accept Islam?", such a situation is not possible from the Islamic perspective.

That doesn't mean I am saying non-muslims are less intelligent or arrogant. I am saying that those who claim that they have studied Islam may not have really approached it with the proper pre-requisites that they should have.

جوري
07-02-2012, 02:45 PM
. Do not claim what science can or cannot do without knowing what you're talking about. Tell me, what Do you have a degree in, or significant education in,
I have a Bachelors in molecular bio, masters and a doctorate.. You're welcome to browse my medical student review in the health and science section as well my frequent 'Question of the month' on the same section.
You're right in that science can prove that Christianity is faulty.. you don't need more than high school math for that though & the core tenet is done for!..
& again, we can't be faulted for simply following your train of thoughts! You're the one who first speaks of how religion views so & so even though by the very definition a religion can only offer you guidance & not judgement, then you jump to speak of the scientists who are mostly not religious, you later eat your words after being quoted on your folly, and somehow we've misunderstood you're meaning? We're not psychics!

best,

Insaanah
07-02-2012, 05:03 PM
To Hulk [...] If you cannot follow what I've said above then please refrain from replying further to me.
To منوة الخيال [...] do not reply at all unless you want to make it clear your goals are not good-willed
In that case, nobody will be replying further, seeing as this thread is not going anywhere, and is degenerating into animosity and accusations.

Also, be aware that:

This section is for basic articles explaining Islamic concepts to new Muslims or Non-Muslims, as well as for people to ask questions on the fundamentals of Islam.

This section is NOT for discussion or debate.
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ead-first.html

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!