/* */

PDA

View Full Version : السلام عليكم

yusufadam
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
السلام عليكم

My name is Yusuf. I live in the UK. I have a particular interest in the Quran. Mashallah I've been a hafiz for 28 years. I recently learnt Arabic and can now translate and understand the Quran.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
:welcome: aboard..
a hafith ma shaa Allah.. having a really difficult time with my hifth to the point that when I am done with a sura and move on to the next I've already forgotten the previous.. how do you keep what you've learned from disappearing? it is getting so that I just want to concentrate on the first two just to be shaded on the day of recompense ..

yusufadam
07-04-2012, 08:56 PM
بسم الله

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله

Memorising the Glorious Quran does get a bit trickier as you get older. What is your age? Do you have a teacher? Do you understand Arabic? When did you start? How much do you learn daily?

جوري
07-04-2012, 09:01 PM
:wa:
in my thirties imsad :( .. Arabic is my mother tongue.. When I was 8 I had a large chunk memorized as I lived in Saudi and we'd to memorize as part of the curriculum.. then I wasn't a practicing Muslim for a long while (outside of fasting) and then in my twenties I became interested in Islam again and just started memorizing about two years ago. I have been working on suret al baqara, and al kahf (I have most of the small suras memorized) and now working on suret at-tawubah.. I realize that it isn't at all the preferred order but I do prefer this for my own personal reasons...
no teacher.. I know most of the rules.. I listen to mishary and recite after him, then close the book and repeat it. I add a couple of verses every day and start from the beginning...
but I think I should divide every sura into chunks and do it that way.. I don't know what is correct and what isn't.. I just know I need to learn it fast and retain it in shaa Allah and live by it be'ithn illah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yusufadam
07-04-2012, 09:51 PM
بسم الله

السلام عليكم

Everyone is different. Very few imo become a complete Hafiz without a teacher. A teacher is essential. Someone you enjoy pleasing and also fear. But it is also not impossible to do it without a teacher providing you are dedicated and committed.

The way we did it, I was only 11, would be to learn a fresh side/sides called sabaq daily which we would recite to our teacher. The next day we would learn another side/sides which we would again recite to our teacher. Then we would revise the previous days side/sides again and recite it to the teacher. We would do this daily upto half a juz. We called this sabaq sipara.

So if you memorised a side a day and half a juz was 14 sides then you would be revising a newly memorised sabaq everyday for 14 days. Anything exceeding half a juz becomes revision. Revision would be a juz daily.

The best way to learn a fresh page would be to learn sentence by sentence. When you go on to learn the second sentence, don't worry, you will have forgotten the first sentence. This is completely normal and don't go back to it yet. When you have completed your target for the day, leave the sabaq. You will not remember anything.

Get up early next morning and revise the new sabaq you learnt the previous day. You will memorise it so quick this time and you will remeber it this time. Then follow the above.

جوري
07-04-2012, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yusufadam
Very few imo become a complete Hafiz without a teacher.
I'll have to be one of those few then in shaa Allah. I usually have a clear picture in my mind and I always execute it. This time I can't crystallize the plan but I'll find a way in shaa Allah.
Thank you for the advise though.. yeah I should have started younger but better late than never...

MustafaMc
07-05-2012, 03:03 AM
Ma sha Allah, Brother Yusuf that is great!
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
in my thirties .. Arabic is my mother tongue..
Well, you are in better shape than me as I am in my fifties and English is the only language I know. I have memorized only 98 ayat, but in sha Allah will add to it this Ramadan. My ambitious goal is Ayat Al-Kursi, the last 10 ayat of Al-Baqara and the first 10 ayat of Al-Kahf, but will be pleased if I achieve half that - given how poorly I can remember now. When I was in college I could memorize pages and pages of notes for an exam, but those days are long past.

dysphoricrocker
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Salaam.

Welcome here brother. SubhanAllah. Such a great honour to have memorized the Quran. I am on my way there! insyaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!