/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not covering the aurah, sin or not?

Samiun
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
:sl: Recently, I advised my young muslim bro/sis about this and other stuff and Islam. I said it was a sin to not cover the body parts which Allah has said like for women Everything except the hands and the face and men are from the navel to the knee cap. Then I started to think I was wrong about this matter because I thought that people need to get some time to receive hidayah from Allah especially the ones who are not being educated about true Islam. Was I correct on this matter?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 01:29 PM
^ its sinful to not cover aurah but dawah shud always be done with hikmah.

For example once a man was sipping tea with his left hand and my brother in law saw this. He didnt bring it up until later when he had a chance to be friendly/alone and comforting with the person who done it. And he said it with a smile and a gentle nudge.

If you know what I mean :)

sometimes people just arent ready bro lol

Samiun
07-07-2012, 01:41 PM
yeah you're right but I'm kinda worried about myself, my parents, my family and my muslim bro/sis that is under me.. I feel this huge burden escalating because they always do not cover the awrah.. Sometimes it even made me look twice (Brothers I know u've done that at least once in your life)

Btw, what about male muslim football players? They don't cover their knee right?

Hulk
07-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Wa alaykumsalam

Just a note, when we are reminding fellow muslims it is not considered da'wah :)

Yes sis you are correct in that it is a sin to not cover awrah. I think it's good that you want to remind them and I am sure you have the best of intentions. That said we have to be really patient in such situations, when our friends don't see things as "clearly" as we do we shouldn't get mad but rather be patient and make dua for them.

I'm sure that we ourselves took quite a bit of a journey to get to where we are today, and we are certainly still trying to better ourselves!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samiun
07-07-2012, 01:45 PM
:sl: ^agreed.. but I am not a sister!! :heated::heated:

Why isn't it considered da'wah? Sh. kamal el-mekki talks about 'da'wah to Muslims' in his lecture

Hulk
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Hahahaha sorry bro I thought you were a sister! Anyway from what I understand da'wah is inviting people to Islam. When reminding fellow muslims it is called "Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil." or "al-amr bi 'l-maʿruf wa 'n-nahy ʿan al-munkar".

God knows best!

Aprender
07-07-2012, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
^agreed.. but I am not a sister!!
Hulk did something similar to me. ;D

But good to remind them nonetheless. I agree that with some people when they're not ready, they're just not ready and we have to be patient with them. I know among sisters it can be a sensitive topic living here in the West...

Haya emaan
07-07-2012, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Anyway from what I understand da'wah is inviting people to Islam. When reminding fellow muslims it is called "Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil." or "al-amr bi 'l-maʿruf wa 'n-nahy ʿan al-munkar".

God knows best!
dawah is to call people towards the teachings of islam whether a muslim or a non muslim. dawah is our duty and muslims living in muslim countries dont come across non muslims on daily basis dosent means they dont have to do dawah. they fulfill their duty by amer bil maruf wa nahianil munkir among the muslims.

Aprender
07-08-2012, 03:47 AM
^ Didn't think of it that way. I find these days it can be difficult dealing with young Muslims who think they know everything.

ardianto
07-08-2012, 09:17 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Just a note, when we are reminding fellow muslims it is not considered da'wah
Reminding fellow Muslims spontaneously is considered as da'wah Fardiah.

If you talk on the podium to audience, it's called da'wah Ammah.

Da'wah is not only call other people come to Islam, but also remind Muslims to always follow Islam properly. And not only with talking (bil-Lisan), but also with writing (bit-Tadwin), and good deed that can become example for other people (bil-Haal).

Samiun
07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Btw the question still remains, Btw, what about male muslim football players? They don't cover their knee right?

ardianto
07-08-2012, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
Btw the question still remains, Btw, what about male muslim football players? They don't cover their knee right?
Let the senior da'i remind them. You just focus in small scope, among your friends.

Do da'wah bil-Hall with wearing pant that longer than knee when you play football. If your fiend ask you why, do simple and short da'wah bi-Lisan. Tell him (with smile) "because I'm a Muslim, and Muslim should cover his awrah". You can add with some word, but remember, simple and short. If it's make you friend thinking and realize, he must cover his awrah, and in the next football game he wear pant that longer than knee. it's means you have been success in da'wah bil-Hikmah.

Kei
07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Perhaps slightly off topic, but this reminded me of a question I had regarding boxing. I love watching boxing, and am convinced it's not forbidden because the boxers always have their Satr [belly button to knees] covered, but I know a lot of family members who tell me it's haraam, without giving any proper reason. I've googled, can't find any fatwah's on it. What do you guys think? :hmm:

dqsunday
07-19-2012, 11:13 PM
My guess.. if you are watching the boxers and getting anything like desire from it, its haraam... then again its the whole idea of watching a violent sport...not sure if that is halal or not either...whether they are modestly attired or not.

Jalal~
07-20-2012, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kei
Perhaps slightly off topic, but this reminded me of a question I had regarding boxing. I love watching boxing, and am convinced it's not forbidden because the boxers always have their Satr [belly button to knees] covered, but I know a lot of family members who tell me it's haraam, without giving any proper reason. I've googled, can't find any fatwah's on it. What do you guys think? :hmm:
Doesnt Islam forbid any unnecessary violence? i know that sounds kind of obvious, but some people these days just go crazy....

Kei
07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dqsunday
My guess.. if you are watching the boxers and getting anything like desire from it, its haraam... then again its the whole idea of watching a violent sport...not sure if that is halal or not either...whether they are modestly attired or not.
Nope, sweaty middle aged men don't have that effect on me XD
Hmm, you and Jalal raise an interesting point.
It seems like the only times fighting is permitted is when you're fighting in self-defense, fighting to stop oppression, or fighting in the way of God.
Nothing at all mentioned about fighting for pleasure. Hmm. Thanks, food for thought :)

Scimitar
07-20-2012, 04:44 PM
I saw a compromised Muslimah 2 days ago, outside the station. She was wearing the biggest camel hump hijaab - and fishnet tights with a miniskirt. I waked past her and couldn't help but say "astagfirullah" to which she turns around and waxes "excuse me?". SO I replied with "I tired to, but you offended yourself, so ikn future, excuse yourself"... that left her a little confused and cheesed off. I carried on my way, and then I hear "So what? you think you're all that huh? you think you going to heaven? YOU THINK YOU'RE PERFECT?" so I turned around only to see her getting grabbed by someone and being pulled into a car... when the car went past me, I noticed a middle aged man driving and figured out that she just got clocked by her dad lol...

...Sin or no sin, that was bloody embarrassing for her :D deservedly so.

True story.

IslamicRevival
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I love watching boxing, and am convinced it's not forbidden because the boxers always have their Satr [belly button to knees] covered
I'm an avid boxing fan but as of late Ive been questioning the legality of the sport from an Islamic perspective. We've got to understand Boxing is a dirty business, boxers are often disrespectful during the build up to a fight (Mainly to build Hype and promote the fight), there's lots of arrogance being displayed and to top it all off things get violent once they step into the squared circle.

Watching two men insult and hurt one other isn't something a Muslim should find entertaining..rather its zulm (Cruel) and should be found deplorable. As Muslims were forbidden to even raise our hands to anyone and in boxing they throw devastating punches to the head/body which have a negative impact to the brain. (Slurred speech is one sign a boxer has been hit way too often)

Whether watching Boxing is allowed or not..that's a question only a Mufti or an Islamic Scholar can answer but personally i believe its wrong..and a Female watching Boxing is like a man watching Women's Tennis (Football or whatever sport) its completely wrong as were told to lower our gaze and I assume it applies to Women also.

Boxing to train and keep fit is great (Hitting the bag/mitts, running, skipping etc etc) but watching fighters slug it out and damage each other is distasteful. Allah knows best

Kei
07-21-2012, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
I'm an avid boxing fan but as of late Ive been questioning the legality of the sport from an Islamic perspective. We've got to understand Boxing is a dirty business, boxers are often disrespectful during the build up to a fight (Mainly to build Hype and promote the fight), there's lots of arrogance being displayed and to top it all off things get violent once they step into the squared circle.

Watching two men insult and hurt one other isn't something a Muslim should find entertaining..rather its zulm (Cruel) and should be found deplorable. As Muslims were forbidden to even raise our hands to anyone and in boxing they throw devastating punches to the head/body which have a negative impact to the brain. (Slurred speech is one sign a boxer has been hit way too often)

Whether watching Boxing is allowed or not..that's a question only a Mufti or an Islamic Scholar can answer but personally i believe its wrong..and a Female watching Boxing is like a man watching Women's Tennis (Football or whatever sport) its completely wrong as were told to lower our gaze and I assume it applies to Women also.

Boxing to train and keep fit is great (Hitting the bag/mitts, running, skipping etc etc) but watching fighters slug it out and damage each other is distasteful. Allah knows best
Thanks for the reply :)
Mmm, kinda sadistic for anyone to want to watch people beat each other to a pulp. :skeleton:
Yet I can't stop watching :nervous:
So I'm still researching this, and I came across this YT Vid, [link removed] I've never seen this lecturer before, and have no idea if he's legit, yet. But he mentions that the Prophet was challenged to a wrestling match by someone who said that if the Prophet won, he would convert to Islam. The Prophet did win and the man converted.
At a later date once he was a Muslim he had the desire to wrestle the Prophet again. The Prophet accepted, they wrestled, and again the Prophet won.

Just found that interesting that the Prophet didn't discourage wrestling matches :ooh:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2012, 11:33 AM
im a man and recently ive been advised sincerely to stop watching football due to awrah not being covered lol.

for those who wish to attain taqwa its best to listen to such advise, I wish I had the strength to truly follow through with everythign I know is right.

Kei
07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
im a man and recently ive been advised sincerely to stop watching football due to awrah not being covered lol.

for those who wish to attain taqwa its best to listen to such advise, I wish I had the strength to truly follow through with everythign I know is right.
:giggling:
May God give you strength :)
Thanks for identifying the lecturer for me, really good stuff! :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!