/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Things that have helped me

Sumaiya54
07-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Assalamu Aleikum,

Okay so I reverted to Islam like...2 months after actually learning that Islam was a religion (everything progressed after that).
I didn't really have knowledge at all, I have mostly learned about Islam online and from some books, but here are some things that I've picked up that have increased my Eman along the way.
  • Remembering to say Bismillah (In the Name of Allah) before you eat or drink! Its a great reminder your blessings are from Allah SWT.
  • Listening to Islamic lectures. I can not convey how much these benefit. Sometimes they can get kind of boring if a speaker just repeats the same stuff over and over again but the great speakers (Nouman Ali Khan is my favorite) really boost your Eman.
  • Sunnah prayers. Extra time to pray=More energy for the day. "Whoever prays twelve units of prayer voluntarily in a day and night Allah will build him a house in Paradise" [Related by Muslim]That means every time you pray all your Sunnah prayers you have a palace build in paradise! Subhan'Allah!
  • Daily talks with Allah SWT. Ever can't fall asleep? Or craving a walk/jog. Use those times to create a bond with Allah SWT, talk to him about your day, your feelings, your blessings, and stuff like that. Developing love for Allah SWT is the sole thing I have found makes me the person I am today.
  • If you are ever really bored studying, or in a class where your teacher just does not stop talking, take a couple of seconds to recite Surah Al-Fatiha, make Dhikr, and say Shahada under your breath. Saying Shahada a bunch of times really boosted my Eman when it was low and I was having troubles with life.
  • Take some time after your prayer for reflection. Sometimes (and I have no idea if anybody else does this) I just go into prostration and stay there. It makes me feel good :)
This is not just for a revert, but also for a born-muslim or someone who has been Muslim for a long time! Since I, personally, dont have that much time for prayer at home because my parents are strict about it (they are non-muslim), this stuff is really helpful for me and reminds me throughout the day of Allah SWT. Insha'Allah it does for you too!

Wasalaam :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
07-08-2012, 03:29 AM
Thank you for sharing sis. I'm sure it will benefit many of us here InshaAllah. Alhamdulillah in Islam when ilm/knowledge grows so does iman/faith, as long as we do things with proper etiquette/with adab.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!