/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Letters of Recommendation and FERPA of 1974

introspective
07-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Assalamualaikum,

This is directed to current dentistry/medical/optometry/pharmacy students (preferably those in the US) .

I was wondering whether or not I should waive my right to access the letters. I've opted to not waive my right to access. Will this raise suspicion from the admissions committee, in the interview, and from the recommender? I'm kind of on the fence about it and it seems to be a double-edged sword. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-10-2012, 02:57 AM
makes no difference whatsoever - however if you desire to apply outside the match, you'll have access to nothing!
if you're sure you'll match then go for it!

introspective
07-10-2012, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
makes no difference whatsoever - however if you desire to apply outside the match, you'll have access to nothing!
if you're sure you'll match then go for it!

Uh, so you're saying that I should not worry about this small detail. Some have said that if one does opt to waive their right to access these letters, it will give a degree of trustworthiness to the recommender. I don't buy this since my recommenders haven't said anything about my choice.

جوري
07-10-2012, 03:44 AM
you should do what you think is best for you of course - but no it makes no difference ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!