/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from one seeking understanding

Konfettii
07-10-2012, 03:59 AM
I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Dawn, I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana USA. I'm an author and I have included Islamic characters in the book series I'm currently writing. I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting anyone of the Muslim faith, so my research in the area has been mostly online and in books. I know these aren't the best ways to find accurate information. :) I was pleased to locate this forum and I hope it will help me in my desire to create more realistic, believable characters. I will be perusing the threads and might post if I can't find answers. Thank you for the opportunity! ~ Dawn

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
Welcome to the forum.
That's very intersting work you do there, Dawn. What is this book series about?

tigerkhan
07-10-2012, 10:59 AM
:welcome:

Muslim Woman
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Salaam / Peace

Welcome here :)

pl. feel free to ask about Islam .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Konfettii
07-11-2012, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Welcome to the forum.
That's very intersting work you do there, Dawn. What is this book series about?
Thank you for the welcome! My book series is paranormal fantasy, dealing with the spiritual realm of angels and such. I've borrowed heavily from religious scripture of many faiths to create a world of unity. My Islamic characters are a brother and sister, he is a doctor and very faithful while the younger sister in his care tends to be more worldly. She wears hijab but prefers flashy colors and desires a more western lifestyle. Their dynamic is very complicated. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!