/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qualities of a successful student

Asiyah3
07-11-2012, 05:32 PM
:sl:

I am very depressed. I feel like I'm not good enough -- I'm worse than those geniuses in my class. Which makes me feel like my brains are lacking. I've tried to work hard and harder to reach their level, but without success. Do they just have better brains than me (and it's less about the dedication of and sacrificing one's time and working hard)? Please remind me, what is the purpose of education? What qualities are we expected to have as students, or what kinds of students should we be, so we could be proud of ourselves?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
anyone who doesnt get what they feel they should and forgets that Allah is in control, that Allah gives, that Allah controls - will obviously feel depressed.

You know what my dad said when he saw my grades (I got really bad A levels), he said "I saw you try son, thats enough".

The fact that you tried still makes you a cut above the rest, most dont try lol trust me.

Now you just need to stop worrying about academia, end of the day its nothing, my cousin has a 1st in maths/physics combined degree, yet im the one in a lucrative career.

I can give you so many examples of places where Allaah has given me and hasnt given me, and I can see benefits everywere.

Dont even despair over what Allah controls, dont forget your reliance, your just a traveller. remember that

....my dad use to print out a lot of dua's for knowledge, i'll post two here:

"rabbi zidni 3ilma"

and

"Rabbish Ra7li swadri wa yassirli amri wa7lul uqdatham milli thaani yafkahu qawli"

Ramadan90
07-11-2012, 05:51 PM
:sl:

1. Put your trust in Allah and dont be depressed sister.
2. Work harder! Try to find out what study techniques that works FOR YOU. You have to persist, it takes time sister.
3. Do you want to give up or continue working hard? The pain of regret is much worse.

Suggestions:

1. Recall what you have learned(orally or in writing)
2. Use your imagination. Create connections between what you are learning with your fantasi(metaphors etc).
3. Focus harder. Get rid of all distractions. ALL!

PouringRain
07-12-2012, 01:55 AM
One of the most important qualities for success in school is perseverance.

If you are struggling in anything, see if your university/ college has tutoring centers where you can gain extra instruction, study tips, etc. Few people usually take advantage of these resources at schools, yet those who do benefit greatly from them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
09-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Asalamualykum,

Islam places great importance on religious, as well as secular knowledge. This is why education is important. Secular for the day to day dwelling and religious for smooth life on earth and hereafter.

If you've tried and not succeeded then perhaps you need to evaluate your study method.

Here's my checklist (you may find helpful);

1. After studying a topic, spend a little time understanding the implications of the facts and what a potential exam question might be.

2. Regard revision as an integral, ongoing part of the course.

3. Practice past papers under examination conditions.

4. Organise your notes and other course materials as you obtain them.

5. Plan your revision carefully and include some time with your study group.

Remember that Allah SWT does not let any hardwork go to waste so keep working at it and inshallah everything will be good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!