/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Recognizing our children!

patientgrace
07-12-2012, 06:06 AM
I thought I would create a thread for you loving and devoted parents out there!

Where we can all share stories about our children and praise them for all their special accomplishments and milestones. Here feel free to gush, praise, and devote your joys in being a parent (even though every day is a joy). Feel free to share special moments that you have had with your child(ren), funny things they have said, or even parenting advice!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
patientgrace
07-13-2012, 06:34 PM
I will be the first to post in this thread, maybe that will encourage others to do the same thing! I will write one thing about each of my girls and one of the many things I am proud of.

1.) I am so proud that my oldest baby girl has completed her Masters degree and has accomplished the goals she made for herself before her 25th B-day. Now she can continue to grow and learn in her career path as she teaches special needs children

2.) I am very proud of my second baby girl because she just finished her BA program and is graduating a year earlier than she was supposed to because while in high school she took many advanced classes in conjunction with several college courses.

3.) I am very proud of my littlest baby girl (7), we were at the park yesterday for a few hours and as I sat and watched her (she did not think I was paying attention), but she a little girl off playing by herself and none of the other children would play with her for some reason. My daughter walked over to her and asked her if she wanted to play with her, you could see the little girls face beam with happiness that she had someone to play with. They played for a while and then I invited the little girl and her mother to join us for a picnic lunch that I had packed. As I was talking to the mom, she was telling me how sweet and adorable my daughter was. She had told me that her daughter does not get invited much to play with other children because her daughter is deaf and because of that she has delayed speech. So, I am very proud that my daughter has such a heart of gold that she would choose to play with a child that was alone and had no one to play with (not knowing this child had a disability) rather then following the trend and playing with the other group of children. The mother and I exchanged numbers and are now setting up play dates for our girls.

Endymion
07-13-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm not married so kids are out of question,obviously :statisfie and my parents are not a part of this forum.Can i share their memories on behalf of them :D

patientgrace
07-13-2012, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I'm not married so kids are out of question,obviously :statisfie and my parents are not a part of this forum.Can i share their memories on behalf of them :D
Of course you can! Share away!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
07-13-2012, 07:10 PM
I am not married and don't have any children yet but I have a nephew who is grown up now, I think he is 12. I don't see him as often as I used to but when he was a baby I used to tease him all the time. I would put my hand above his head and tell him that he can't reach it, and when he tries to reach it I will tickle his armpits lol.

Kei
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't have any kids either, I still feel like a kid myself :statisfie

But in regards to parents...
Although we don't get along much now, I treasure the memories we have \o/
I'm extremely grateful to my Mother for taking the time to make my early years special.
She took me to the library and introduced me to books, nurturing my love of stories and buying me all the books I could possibly read <3

I have a 10 year old bro, and I like playing cricket and footie in the garden with him, helping him with homework, going on walks with him...noogie'ing him ;D
I believe it's important to give children as many good memories as possible and show them how much you care each and every day :)

Patient grace:
Your girl's sound wonderful! Many congratz about the 2 older ones!
And Awwwh at the little one :D , what a sweet story :)

Galaxy
07-17-2012, 03:32 AM
When my sister was 1 and I was 7...I was "taking care" of her and let her play with the phone then she dialled 911 somehow and breathed heavily into it so the operator thought that someone had been murdered so the police arrive 2 days later (why not right at that moment idk) and they couldn't believe it was stupid little kid all along yaay.

Another story I have to tell is that one time when I was a little girl my dad brought my younger brother to this school assembly and he doesn't care where he goes. He ran up the aisle SCREAMING and the teacher was telling me to get him. My dad was probably enjoying it. Kids are a pain+o(

Hulk
07-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Oh man.. that reminds me of when I was a kid I went to someone's house for tutoring and while waiting for my turn I would almost ALWAYS call the Fire Department and say "There's a fire next door.". I was probably 9?

Haha one time after calling them again and then hanging up they called RIGHT back and I answered haha and then they said "I know where you live, stop calling if there are no emergencies."

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2012, 11:28 AM
I.have the most amazing nephews a uncle can ask for. They are both under.9 but are more understanding then a lot.of adults I know of. And.they are very talented at football. I taught em :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!