/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Saturday?

ILuvAllah
07-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Why are UK Pakistanis starting their Ramadan from tomorrow?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamicRevival
07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Moon wasn't sighted on Thursday evening in the United Kingdom
http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/moonwatch/nextnewmoon.html

The sighting of the new crescent Moon in July will signal the beginning of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan. The earliest optically-assisted sightings of the crescent moon may be possible from the southern half of South America on July 19th. Easier sightings may be possible with the naked eye from Polynesia later the same day. Naked-eye sightings should also be possible from Australasia, South-East Asia, India, Saudi Arabia, Africa and the Americas excluding Canada on July 20th. Observers worldwide should be able to make easy sightings of the crescent moon on July 21st with the exception of northern Russia.

It is worth noting that the low altitude of the Moon on July 21st in the United Kingdom may delay the crescent sighting until the following day. Consequently, we would like to encourage as many observers as possible to try and observe the new crescent Moon from July 19th to July 22nd.

BlissfullyJaded
07-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam,

If I am correct, Thursday night was the 28th of Shabaan in Pakistan and India, so by default they couldn't start fasting on Friday.

glo
07-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Am I correct in thinking that Pakistan quite often starts Ramadan a day later than other countries?
Perhaps the moon becomes visible later than in other parts of the world?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Our local Islamic Centre says this on the website:

"Based on the rulings of differing of horizons, there is no possibility of sighting the crescent anywhere in Europe on Friday 20th July 2012. A rationale for beginning of Ramadhan 1433AH has been agreed by Hilal Advisory Team and forwarded to Najaf for guidance from His Eminence. Depending on guidance from Najaf, HAT will publish the statement on 20th or 21st July 2012 after Maghribayn, inshaAllah Saturday, 21st July 2012, will mark the completion of 30 days of Sha’baan 1433.

Expect 1st of Ramadhan 1433AH on Sunday 22nd July 2012"

ardianto
07-20-2012, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Am I correct in thinking that Pakistan quite often starts Ramadan a day later than other countries?
Like Pakistan, Indonesia quite often starts Ramadan a day later than Saudi Arabia. Actually it's because method that used in observe the moon.

About visible/invisible moon. I heard Muslims in Japan could not see the hilal (crescent that becomes sign to start Ramadan), so they follow the nearest Muslim country, Malaysia.

ILuvAllah
07-21-2012, 02:17 AM
We started our fast from Friday.

Tyrion
07-21-2012, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I'm curious about this as well.. The pakistani community in my region almost always starts Ramadan later than everyone else, and it kinda bugs some people. :p: I didn't realize this might be a thing with pakistanis all over the globe...

جوري
07-21-2012, 03:03 AM
There's no 24 hour difference between us or anywhere else in the world once it's sighted everyone is to follow it. I believe it isn't observed at the same time for purely political reasons .. Would drive the powers that be absolutely crazy to see global Muslim unity as should be .. It's just to highlight how 'divided' we are the people follow blindly what their government says I have no idea why I guess not to stand out like sore thumps or to find a place to make Eid prayers I suppose.. Gets really funny when it's the other Eid for it marks pilgrimage perhaps they'd also like a separate Makkah ..

Al-Mufarridun
07-21-2012, 03:26 AM
:sl:

May Allah swt unite the hearts and minds of the Muslims on the Haqq. Ameen Ya Rabb!!
There was once a time when the sighting of a single truthful believer in any part of a country or empire would suffice for the rest of the Ummah.

glo
07-21-2012, 03:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
May Allah swt unite the hearts and minds of the Muslims on the Haqq. Ameen Ya Rabb!!
That's a what a Muslim friend on facebook wrote too:
"well alhamdulillah either way, by Hajj time we will all be in sync inshAllah" :)

Alpha Dude
07-21-2012, 07:33 AM
I started today too. Going with local sighting and it was not sighted in the UK on Thursday night.

Alhamdulillah Members of the Ulama of Wifaq and the general public made the effort to sight the hilal of Ramadhan in many towns and cities. We have NOT received any news of positive sighting here in the UK, even from the observatory in York.

We have NOT received news of actual sightings from anywhere else; hence the Wifaq ul Ulama hereby announces Shabaan will have 30 days and that the 1st of Ramadhan will be on Saturday 21st of July 2012 according to the Sunnah.
http://www.wifaqululama.co.uk/

Insaanah
07-21-2012, 10:09 AM
:sl:

The day you start fasting in the UK (or elsewhere in the Western world) has nothing to do with the country of origin one is from (thus has nothing to do specifically with Pakistanis or people from any other country), but what one understands by the sighting of the moon, whether it should be sighted where you live, in the nearest Muslim country, or in Saudi Arabia.

These are matter best left to the ulamaa' and your should consult your local ulmaa'/imam if you have questions about what method they choose.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!