/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do good threads get closed?

jellybeans
07-21-2012, 09:51 AM
It's so sad when you click reply and you get a message saying the thread is closed.

What is the reason for this? I had a thread of mine closed... and I feel so :skeleton: :offended:and then :'(:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-21-2012, 09:52 AM
It's Ramadan .. Visit back in a month!

Peace

jellybeans
07-21-2012, 09:57 AM
OK.

So everyone is busy praying...

I do go to church regularily but don't feel that is enough time for God. I have been very "heathen" lately, so I think I will use Ramadan time to get back into habit of Bible study (which I haven't done in a while). Even though I am not Muslim, I can't wait a year for lent to start lol!

PS: Ramadan Karem to you! :D

جوري
07-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Thank you ..
Yes many sections are closed for Ramadan there was an announcement made you probably didn't see it.
Many topics especially in world's affairs, comparative etc. ultimately lead to contentions and that's not a wise way nor fruitful way to spend the month of mercy so I assure you - you're not singled out for your topics to be closed ..

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
07-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Greetings Ernest,

Could you clarify which thread was closed? I tried to check but could not find any other than your introduction thread.

Are you studying the Qur'an and Bible at the same time? I noticed you made a thread about wanting to read the Qur'an... how is that going?

muslimah bird
07-21-2012, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Thank you ..
Yes many sections are closed for Ramadan there was an announcement made you probably didn't see it.
Many topics especially in world's affairs, comparative etc. ultimately lead to contentions and that's not a wise way nor fruitful way to spend the month of mercy so I assure you - you're not singled out for your topics to be closed ..

Peace
I second that . People spend time trying to defeat the other with the arguments which could have been better spend in Ibadah in this holy month

glo
07-21-2012, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ernest
OK.

So everyone is busy praying...

I do go to church regularily but don't feel that is enough time for God. I have been very "heathen" lately, so I think I will use Ramadan time to get back into habit of Bible study (which I haven't done in a while). Even though I am not Muslim, I can't wait a year for lent to start lol!

PS: Ramadan Karem to you! :D
Hello Ernest

I use Ramadan as a spiritual break too, together with Lent and Advent. I find that it breaks the year into three nice chunks.

The sections have been closed to create a more peaceful and God-focused atmosphere and prevent heated arguments and other inappropriate behaviour.
I quite like it. It makes for a peaceful and mellow time ... :statisfie

May the next month give you blessings and spiritual rewards.

GuestFellow
07-21-2012, 04:02 PM
It depends on what you mean by good...

Darth Ultor
09-27-2012, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ernest
It's so sad when you click reply and you get a message saying the thread is closed.

What is the reason for this? I had a thread of mine closed... and I feel so :skeleton: :offended:and then :'(:cry:
Threads are closed for the following reasons: Posted in the wrong forum, is a subject of a thread that already exists, spam, trolling, or debate turning into fighting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!