/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how long does one spend with the quran to finish it in ramadhan

nutty
07-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Assalamun alaikum

It is one of my dream that one day insha-Allaah i am able to recite the entre quran in Ramadhan...for this i am taking tajweed lessons...What i wanted to know is how long does one spend each day on average with the quran to ensure that one finishes the Quran in ramadan...

jazak-Allaah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah bird
07-21-2012, 12:16 PM
:sl:

Its very simple as the quran has 30 parts . You need to read one part each day to ensure you finish it off by the end of the month. It better to finish it off in 29 days as the extra day is unpredictable

How much time you spend depends on how fast a reader you are

Amat Allah
07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh my precious sister,

Try in shaa Allah to recite 5 pages after every prayer from the five obligatory prayers and by the end of Ramadaan; in shaa Allah you will finish...

We women may miss days of Ramadaan for some reasons then; reciting Qur'aan in Taraaweeh prayer and Tahajjud will help ya to finish it even before the end of the month and that also helps to finish Qur'aan more than once in shaa Allah.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah love you, Be pleased with you, help ya to worship Him right and make ya from the best of His servants and slaves always and forever Ameeeen

Humbly, your sister:

Amat Allah.

SBK786
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Very simple. The Quran has 600 pages approx. We have 30 days in Ramadan.

600/30= 20 pages a day.

Most of us read 5 times a day, 20/5= 4 pages a prayer. So, you have to read 4 pages after each prayer. If you want to read it twice in Ramadan Mashallah, then you have to read it before and after each prayer, which will make it 40 pages a day, and which 40x15=600pages. !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muwaahid
07-26-2012, 10:19 PM
as-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

I think we are losing sight here, it isnt so much that you read the Qur'aan as much as you reflect upon its meaning and guidance. Allaah did not reveal the Qur'aan so that i can be parroted off like some idle chatter but rather Allaah spoke these words to Jibreel (salam)and Jibreel (alayhi salam) convey these words to the best of creation Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah (sallallahu alayhi wa salam) read the Qur'aan with reverence, recite it in a nice mellow tone, adorn your voice with the book of Allaah, weap over the threats of punishments, rejoice over the felicities of Jannah with all its amenities, long for the life to come, reflect deeply upon the meanings, get the most out of the Qur'aan and for the most part try to implement the verses...
Wa Billaahi Tawfeeq

Amat Allah
08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muwaahid
as-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

I think we are losing sight here, it isnt so much that you read the Qur'aan as much as you reflect upon its meaning and guidance. Allaah did not reveal the Qur'aan so that i can be parroted off like some idle chatter but rather Allaah spoke these words to Jibreel (salam)and Jibreel (alayhi salam) convey these words to the best of creation Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah (sallallahu alayhi wa salam) read the Qur'aan with reverence, recite it in a nice mellow tone, adorn your voice with the book of Allaah, weap over the threats of punishments, rejoice over the felicities of Jannah with all its amenities, long for the life to come, reflect deeply upon the meanings, get the most out of the Qur'aan and for the most part try to implement the verses...
Wa Billaahi Tawfeeq
Wa Alikum Assalaam wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

you are right my respected brother; such deed as ending Qur'aan in a month or so should never ever make us neglect or ignor reading the Qur'aan with reverence, reciting it in a nice mellow tone, adorning the voice with the book of Allaah, weaping over the threats of punishments, rejoicing over the felicities of Jannah with all its amenities, reflecting deeply upon the meanings, getting the most out of the Qur'aan and for the most part trying to implement the verses...

May Allah love you and Be pleased with you and the whole Ummah Ameen

Great reminder O slave of Allah O son of my precious Ummah...Ma shaa Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!